AMS intake

AMS intercooler

AMS UICP

boost pill

CPe catback exhaust with quickpower cat delete pipe

Cobb accessport

tuned by lightspeed perf in red deer AB canada

281HP / 341TQ

Sick sick sick man. Holy cow... wanna trade?

Welcome to PL!

Ok so whats next?

Cpe exhaust! :woot_jump:

How much did cam charge you for the tune at light speed?

with the cobb accessport, it was like $1150. he quoted me at $700 for the AP...this is all canadian dollars, so don't freak out US guys lol

And your daiton from the etown lancer FB page right? think i saw that RG cruising around a few times.

And whats next is a evo x turbo swap. Found a used one for a decent price, so maybe this fall i'll make it happen, but i'm worried about the transmission. I'm already hitting 341 tq, and i think i was told the RA trans is only good for up to 350....

with the cobb accessport, it was like $1150. he quoted me at $700 for the AP...this is all canadian dollars, so don't freak out US guys lol

And your daiton from the etown lancer FB page right? think i saw that RG cruising around a few times.

And whats next is a evo x turbo swap. Found a used one for a decent price, so maybe this fall i'll make it happen, but i'm worried about the transmission. I'm already hitting 341 tq, and i think i was told the RA trans is only good for up to 350....

Very clean ride man. RA SST tune is only good for up to 295 trq based on what I've seen, I'm assuming the dyno you were tuned on reads fairly high. The SST trq limits need to be raised because the clutches themselves can handle 400+whp and since you're using an AccessPort you should have access to the SST limit and throttle maps. Have your tuner adjust those tables based on your Airflow and torque limits tables. Hope this helps!

Very clean ride man. RA SST tune is only good for up to 295 trq based on what I've seen, I'm assuming the dyno you were tuned on reads fairly high. The SST trq limits need to be raised because the clutches themselves can handle 400+whp and since you're using an AccessPort you should have access to the SST limit and throttle maps. Have your tuner adjust those tables based on your Airflow and torque limits tables. Hope this helps!

did you have to back off the torque on your car? Also, its a dynapack dyno, and i've heard that they put out a lot lower numbers than the mustangs do. thats what i've heard anyways. i don't think the trans is slipping now

did you have to back off the torque on your car? Also, its a dynapack dyno, and i've heard that they put out a lot lower numbers than the mustangs do. thats what i've heard anyways. i don't think the trans is slipping now

I did have to run less boost originally but after some help with the SST tables from other tuners my trans is loving my FP Green.

If you do WOT and shift from 2nd->3rd->4th->5th at redline and your car throws the ASC OFF Light, SES Light and a transmission check light then you've passed the torque limit.

Dynos aren't just based on their names. There are different calibrations involved too. Cobbs Mustang(Plano, TX) is calibrated for Utah and dynos about 12% more HP and TRQ than AWD Tunings(Flower Mound, TX) Mustang dyno which is calibrated for Houston. Both shops are only about 30 minutes away from each other.

Taken from CamaroZ28 forums.

A Dynapack removes the tire issue by connecting directly to the hubs. This, again, is unrealistic because the tire acts as a moment arm, and going to a smaller tire will yield more torque at the ground. Since you test on a Dynapack with the wheels and tires are removed, you cannot measure the difference you get from one wheel/tire size to another. Also, you have eliminated rolling resistance from the equation.

A Mustang dyno seems to be the most technically accurate. It can apply a load to the rollers and simulate a real quarter mile run, or any other run you feel like programming into the thing. There is still the unrealistic contact patch issue, but it is my understanding that no other issues exist.

I did have to run less boost originally but after some help with the SST tables from other tuners my trans is loving my FP Green.

If you do WOT and shift from 2nd->3rd->4th->5th at redline and your car throws the ASC OFF Light, SES Light and a transmission check light then you've passed the torque limit.

Dynos aren't just based on their names. There are different calibrations involved too. Cobbs Mustang(Plano, TX) is calibrated for Utah and dynos about 12% more HP and TRQ than AWD Tunings(Flower Mound, TX) Mustang dyno which is calibrated for Houston. Both shops are only about 30 minutes away from each other.

Taken from CamaroZ28 forums.

There is a thread about the dyno being used on the evolutionm.net forums under 08+ ralliart > engine and turbo > "dyno trip to lightspeed" have a look there. Cam, the guy that did the tuning talks about the dyno he's used to do the tuning, and how its never been changed since day one. He's tuned a bunch of RA's with similar bolt on's and they have been coming in around 250hp/265tq or something like that, but I got lucky and made some extra power! :)

Nice numbers, I am impressed. Not to go off topic, I'll be selling my stock Evo X turbo, no shaft play, no oil leaks, for 250 bucks. Back on topic, Mustangs tend to read the lowest even compared to Dynapack.

However, you always need baseline numbers for comparison. The best situation is to always dyno on the same dyno and have your first dyno be bonestock run. Then you can seee your netted gains over time.

And chops is right, tuners run different calibrations, although SAE correction factors are supposed to minimize that, although that is another whole set of topics.

Nice numbers, I am impressed. Not to go off topic, I'll be selling my stock Evo X turbo, no shaft play, no oil leaks, for 250 bucks. Back on topic, Mustangs tend to read the lowest even compared to Dynapack.

However, you always need baseline numbers for comparison. The best situation is to always dyno on the same dyno and have your first dyno be bonestock run. Then you can seee your netted gains over time.

And chops is right, tuners run different calibrations, although SAE correction factors are supposed to minimize that, although that is another whole set of topics.

Yeah i should've got the stock numbers for sure, but rookie mistake, i forgot to ask. But other stock RA's put down about 186-192HP on his dyno.

So this morning i was in 6th gear manual mode and applied about 80% throttle, and the car upshifted to 5th on its own and the SES light came on and the ASC turned itself off. pulled over, shut the car off and restarted and it went away. probably should've pulled a code or something, but didn't. must be over the torque limit like you said. sigh

Ya that would be me. I would love to take a look at your car one day. I spoke with cam and he quoted me $1700 using ECU flash. I thought that was rediculous myself, so I am going for the email tune with TTP. I am currently running the GST ecu flash available on the internet. Using VDR (virtual dyno room) before I put my exhaust on my numbers where 301hp at the crank. (I also have alot of other mods for all the disbeleivers out there) And please remember these numbers are at the crank so at the wheels probably 255hp. Anyways lets go for a cruise some time.

So this morning i was in 6th gear manual mode and applied about 80% throttle, and the car upshifted to 5th on its own and the SES light came on and the ASC turned itself off. pulled over, shut the car off and restarted and it went away. probably should've pulled a code or something, but didn't. must be over the torque limit like you said. sigh

Your clutches aren't slipping. That's your car exceeding the Airflow limits. All you need to do is have them raised in your tune. If you send me your ROM I can raise it or disable the Airflow check light.

Ya that would be me. I would love to take a look at your car one day. I spoke with cam and he quoted me $1700 using ECU flash. I thought that was rediculous myself, so I am going for the email tune with TTP. I am currently running the GST ecu flash available on the internet. Using VDR (virtual dyno room) before I put my exhaust on my numbers where 301hp at the crank. (I also have alot of other mods for all the disbeleivers out there) And please remember these numbers are at the crank so at the wheels probably 255hp. Anyways lets go for a cruise some time.

If you're going for an e-mail tune I highly recommend Mellon Tuning. He's a far superior tuner than TTP.

Did I just read someone asking 1700 dollars for a tune? Jesus, thats too much. There are others how can give you a retune.

What you experience is a something like a P01247 cel. Basically its a torque limit that the ECU sets and puts you in limp mode. Like athmak15 says, you can change those airflow tables so it doesn't happen again.

update: I haven't had any other CEL's pop up since the first one i posted about, and talked to the tuner and he said that it was because i gassed it at 3000rpm, which causes unneeded load on the car, he said if i only gas it at 3500rpm and above all should be good. And it has been so far. Car is pulling hard with no signs of tranny slippage. Now i just have to decide if doing a turbo swap is worth the money spent. either a evoX stock turbo, or maybe going bigger like a FP red, or cbrd BBX. i'm still worried about cooking that $$$ tranny though.

update: I haven't had any other CEL's pop up since the first one i posted about, and talked to the tuner and he said that it was because i gassed it at 3000rpm, which causes unneeded load on the car, he said if i only gas it at 3500rpm and above all should be good. And it has been so far. Car is pulling hard with no signs of tranny slippage. Now i just have to decide if doing a turbo swap is worth the money spent. either a evoX stock turbo, or maybe going bigger like a FP red, or cbrd BBX. i'm still worried about cooking that $$$ tranny though.

Great to hear it man. Who woulda thunk 500pms would make such a difference eh?

BTW im moving your thread over to the RA progress pages. Seems to be better to be there.

Your clutches can handle 400+ whp. If you get a big turbo, send me your tune and I will up your SST torque limits.

any rubbing with those 9's weapons? I plan on getting those and the t1r springs. if so did you flare or roll your fenders/

I've been having a simliar issue with the "limp mode" you've had. The needle would jump back and forth from 1k to 2k. I gave it gas and it wouldnt give it any acceleration. Its seemed to have been stuck at around 30-40mph and I felt like the car was choking/dying.

The most recent times it had happened was going uphill. Twice. I would drive uphill, midway threw, the car would be at around 2500-3500 rpm and bam. ASC warning light shot up, lost control of acceleration, CEL light came on. Turned the engine off for about 20-30 seconds and turned it back on.

Current mods include: Ultimate Racing's downpipe, test pipe, midpipe, dual exit exhaust, upper intercooler pipes.

I wanted to see if anyone of you guys could shed some light. Does the car need a tune? And if so, is it bc of the air flow limits? Have you had anything happen since the updated tune?

You still in Edmonton ?

You still in Edmonton ?

Asking me?

**edit**

Nvm.. you asking someone else. Sorry about that