RalliArtist

Ralliartist's Build/progress Thread

171 posts in this topic

Nokya yellow headlight bulbs came in today so now the light coming out isnt green since i had 6000k bulbs and the yellow tint.

LICP was shipped so should be here next week.

Some friends and I went to Europa Park (amusement park) here in Germany. On the way back I was tired of driving (2.5hrs one way) so i let my friend drive. He asked if he can open it up on the autobahn so i let him. Got it up to about 141mph. IIRC i read somewhere that our cars arent electronically limited but aerodynamically. meaning the power of the car can't overcome the drag at high speeds.

Heres the video

Nokya yellow headlight bulbs came in today so now the light coming out isnt green since i had 6000k bulbs and the yellow tint.

LICP was shipped so should be here next week.

Some friends and I went to Europa Park (amusement park) here in Germany. On the way back I was tired of driving (2.5hrs one way) so i let my friend drive. He asked if he can open it up on the autobahn so i let him. Got it up to about 141mph. IIRC i read somewhere that our cars arent electronically limited but aerodynamically. meaning the power of the car can't overcome the drag at high speeds.

Heres the video

Couldn't go faster than 141?

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

there were also 4 people in the car. if it was just me probably could have gone faster idk? plus my friend was driving and i dont he wanted to push it any more than that and have something break.

but anyway, installed my UR LICP today.

947104_4884690481267_167533740_n.jpg

969954_4884690321263_1304891926_n.jpg

Looks really good! Mine will be here next weekend for me to install! I can't wait! My LICP and FMIC! What BOV is that? How's it sound?

Its a turbosmart dual port bov. Sounds like a woosh rather than a whistle like the hks ssqv

Sound Click? :laughing: I have the AMS one but i want to change it.

I have the Evo X one which is... idk boring lol. What is a good recommended one? Do you have any sound clips for yours?

I have the Evo X one which is... idk boring lol. What is a good recommended one? Do you have any sound clips for yours?

Sweet build man, glad to see more Ralliarts threads and Josh check out the GFB BOV.

Hey everyone, coming to you guys from my deployment in "an undisclosed location in SW Asia". Anyway i was wondering if you guys could give me suggestions to what i can do to the car when i get back in January. Coils are already on the list soooo.

But a really like CF so i wanna do the cf trunk and possibly hood and side skirts. i cant find a company that makes full CF skirts for the lancer/ralliart. if i cant get them i would at least want some extensions. links to sites are appreciated.

not really gonna do much performance wise. just replace the UR exhaust with CP-E possibly. Im big into the little details so i theres anything else i should do speak up. I should have about $5,000 to mess around with

Nothing?

Lemme ask this then, if someone gave you 5k to put into your car what would you do? (No bodykits or turbo upgrades)

Damn.. Idk why I never commented on this thread lol I like the Ralliart sticker on the wheels. Gives it a not-so-boring look ;) can't wait to see em on :)

About 3 months after I bought the stickers I still didnt receive them. I asked for a refund and they sent me a picture of the envelope and it had a return to sender sticker on it. I had to pay to have them shipped again so hopefully I'll get them this time. If I do, ill have to wait until january to put them on.

Me personally because I never plan to sell my RA I would get the clutch upgrade kit and have it installed! Then after that you won't have to be worried about swapping turbos and doing more work and making too much power! Or another option I personally would do because of having the Sportback I would try to get some custom work done like custom rear defuser or certain things like that!

This update was from last week but i started the process of getting my parts together so when i get out of the desert I'll have a big install day. I cant wait to get back because ill have like 15 boxes waiting for me and 2 weeks of R&R leave

- Evo MAF housing and filter for the DIY SRI

- new right and left front kick sills because my idiot friends dont know how to get in and out of a car without kicking the scratching every piece of plastic

- new engine cover thats going to be made by www.dezineracrylics.com. You guys should check them out. They make very unique, custom engine covers from acrylic that can be laser etched and hydrodipped. I got a proof for it and had to make some changes but ill see if they can take some pics of it before they ship it.

Another thing I added to the list was getting the uicp powdercoated red

Gf broke up with me during this deployment (go figure) and we had plans to go back to nyc when i got back so i guess thatsbjust more money I can spend on myself and the ralliart. I thinknim having more fun in the desert than back at my home station. Only 3.5 more months

my most recent "mod" was the Evo MAF housing and filter
its soo good, I can hear spool and the sound a bov makes while still having recirculation

yea i had a UR SRI on for about a month before i took it off. i remembering the turbo sounding like a jet engine or something and the evo bov being louder. i cant wait to drive my car again

my most recent "mod" was the Evo MAF housing and filter
its soo good, I can hear spool and the sound a bov makes while still having recirculation

Got a picture of the engine cover. also ordered the fuse box cover. its going to have the same overall design with the border, but it will have "the spirit of competition" on it. I think the engine bay will look clean with the red powdercoated UICP

Got a picture of the engine cover. also ordered the fuse box cover. its going to have the same overall design with the border, but it will have "the spirit of competition" on it. I think the engine bay will look clean with the red powdercoated UICP

Where did you find that? Is that custom painted?

Where did you find that? Is that custom painted?

yes it is custom made by www.dezineracrylics.com. They're pretty awesome to deal with.

That's sick I may look into this in the future too, good find

They sent me a pic of the fuse cover. Still needs to be bent to fit but I love the way it looks. Cant wait to go home and install all my new parts. Only 80 days left

So its just about coilover time. Im not looking to slam or stance my car. Just want to get rid of wheel gap and not have to deal with a spring compressor aand all that jazz.

So should I get BC or D2?

I've got D2s on mine, very happy with them. Good amount of adjustment, plenty of room to lower from stock height. One of the things I was worried about was having it be too low with the winter weather in my area, but thankfully not an issue.

I've got D2s on mine, very happy with them. Good amount of adjustment, plenty of room to lower from stock height. One of the things I was worried about was having it be too low with the winter weather in my area, but thankfully not an issue.

probably going to go with bc since ACI offers them for 950 shipped.

Another little update...I ordered some side skirt extensions last week from forcewerkz. Coils and front lip being ordered jan 15 then ill be home from this deployment the week after that. Its been a long 7 months

I just sent payment for the front lip from scorpion. shipping was insane but its for a good cause ($542 later :thumbdown: ).

So far here's what i've ordered:

Scorpion Front Lip

Forcewerkz SS extensions

EVO MAF + AEM filter (DIY intake)

OEM front kicksills (because mine were all scratched up)

DezinerAcrylics engine cover + fusebox cover

Rexpeed Type 1 center hood scoop (painted)

Ralliart seat belt pads

Coming soon:

- Coilovers

- Some small detail parts (ralliart logo floor mats, ralliart aluminum e-brake handle, lugs)

- Still debating CF duckbill trunk

- Fender roll

- UICP powdercoated