DVHopeful

Nightmare

12 posts in this topic

So...It's been a long time...I don't remember ever posting anything about this...But anyone that has met me at meets or posted on my car knows how much I loved my 08 Red GTS... Well, it's gone now. It lit up in flames due to HID wires pinching. I have pictures but takes forever to load from phone. It happened in May and have been too embarrased to post anything about it happening. Ive been pretty depressed since it happened, even tho I drive a 98 Eclipse Rs thats turbod. It still doesnt bring me the gratification as the Lancer did. Miss the site, so thought I'd say hi also.

Sorry to hear about the loss of the Lancer bro. What pinched the wires on the HIDS and what part of the HID wires got pinched? Sounds like you still picked up a decent car tho - at least its got *Boost* lol. Good luck w/ the new car man!

Damn bro im sorry to hear that. Please share exactly what happened and how the wires were pinched so other members might avoid the same mistake. its a shame that something like this could destroy a car. Also could also add which HID kit you had.

I purchased AMGs HID kit and with the previous Halos from AMG in my car already, I had a ton of wires. I was so excited when I got the HIDs in i didnt tuck them properly apparently. I did the work myself just like everyone else, and some how when I started my car WEEKS later, I'm talking weeks. I went to Carlisle and back with them, then one day somehow the car just lit up. I didnt have a fire extinguisher around and my son was in the back seat in his car seat so I had no choice but to watch her burn. I called 911 fast enough where i was able to save my rims and my CF trunk from Do-Luck. Everything else was gone...the Recaro seat, all the work on the front end of the car... My Eclipse needs a re-tune and the engine is crapping the bed so I'm thinking about getting a 89-90 Nissian 240sx S13 as a project car :thumbup:

So...It's been a long time...I don't remember ever posting anything about this...But anyone that has met me at meets or posted on my car knows how much I loved my 08 Red GTS... Well, it's gone now. It lit up in flames due to HID wires pinching. I have pictures but takes forever to load from phone. It happened in May and have been too embarrased to post anything about it happening. Ive been pretty depressed since it happened, even tho I drive a 98 Eclipse Rs thats turbod. It still doesnt bring me the gratification as the Lancer did. Miss the site, so thought I'd say hi also.

Theres nothing to be embarrassed about bro. You are not the first one to have his car go up in smoke. I feel/felt your pain as well.

What matters is that you are ok. Thats all that matters. It really sux to see a car go down for something as simple as HIDs. Your car will be missed.

Dont be a stranger on PL just because you dont have a lancer. Wed love your input on a lot of things, as well as info on your new car.

Take it easy bro. Your ok, and thats all that matters.

Sorry to hear man. Your car will be missed. More importantly, it's a good thing you and your son got out safely. Also can't complain with boost! ^_^

:( sad story man. That really sucks.

And you say it started by not tucking in the wires properly? How so?

Wow that sucks dude sorry to hear... I know if I had my kid in the car, getting him out would be first to. Sad though.

I'm also curious thought what part got pinched?

I wish I had all the details. I'm obviously no electrician, but I didnt secure them by 3m (DUMB). i was told they were pinched when they did the investigation. Thats all I was told...so thats what I'm going by

dude... im so sorry to hear that.... i got a hid ballast hanging x.x and i am going to mount it properly before i leave on my vacation... i dont need ANY problems while im away... and i will put a extinguisher in my car

Still miss her...

Sorry to hear this, I was just on your progress thread and loved your front end. I recently bought an extinguisher, your experience and TheDude's have convinced me to take extra precautions.