MorphineSeason

Morphineseason's 20-11 Ralliart

169 posts in this topic

Man if you were closer to me, I'd have no issues paying you to do mine. I want matte white.

Man if you were closer to me, I'd have no issues paying you to do mine. I want matte white.

Just different countries lolll..

Well we are doing a 135i matte white next weekend! I will post pics when its completed.

I actually thought about doing mine just as a change of pace..its nice to look at somethiing different every once in a while. How long did it take you to dip the whole car and about what was your total cost or how much did you need to use? I have a paint gun too, I wonder if it would work with dip.

I actually thought about doing mine just as a change of pace..its nice to look at somethiing different every once in a while. How long did it take you to dip the whole car and about what was your total cost or how much did you need to use? I have a paint gun too, I wonder if it would work with dip.

What kind of gun do you have? We have the Wagner power shot which will be used majority

A graco hvlp with a 2.5gallon pressure pot for cars. Was used on a jeep and came out like glass finish.. Super nice but also $1,800 and used for stainingand painting other things so that will be on a when we can use it basis.. I also have an air hvlp with gravity feed hopper, but not sure I want to use it... Wont spray as nice on an angle and very small hopper on it. You will want a 1.5-1.8 tip we found worked best. Ppl all seem to have different preferences spraying this.

As for Material we are getting a very good price on 20+ gallons at a time... This being our first time we bought unthinned from a buddys shop in Calgary.. 4 gallons for 440$. We had the thinner already so saved costs there and ended up with 8.5 gallons thinned.

Two car equaled around 12 hrs combined start to finish. One guy spraying two prepping next car in opposite bay.

Labor is the most time consuming part..which ppl dont understand when they see our whole vehicle dip prices. If you have your own equipment and time and feel comfortable doing it with zero flashes or lines i say have at er'!!!

What are u charging for that? I'm sure it's a lot of work but shouldn't be as bad or extensive as actually painting a car.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 2

What are u charging for that? I'm sure it's a lot of work but shouldn't be as bad or extensive as actually painting a car. Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 2

All depends on what it is. Average Car such as the Mistus will start around 850+ depending on what you want done.. clear coats, glosifiers, flakes or pearlizers add more labor, as do mixing custom colors, so price will go up. (if you look online at Canadian prices, this is very resonable, compared to most places, as the 900 mark will get you black or white, basic colors).

While it may not be as extensive as painting a car, it is the same logic come time to spray. If you have never sprayed before, do not start with a Jeep JK lol, they look easy, but have some funky ass corners, was WAY harder then I was expecting, so therefore I will be asking slightly higher for those and anything larger in size.

So how many gallons did you actually use on your car? Sorry I may have misunderstood the earlier post..

as for actually painting the car..haha anyone that wants to paint their car, I would def advise you to practice on some small parts first. I have been trying to learn how and I have been painting my old Evo8 wing and its fuckin hard to get everything really even. Its all about technique, take a ton of practice

So how many gallons did you actually use on your car? Sorry I may have misunderstood the earlier post..

as for actually painting the car..haha anyone that wants to paint their car, I would def advise you to practice on some small parts first. I have been trying to learn how and I have been painting my old Evo8 wing and its fuckin hard to get everything really even. Its all about technique, take a ton of practice

Just over 3 Gallons per car. 9 Coats per.

And ya, It's deff not something I would suggest for someone to do who has never picked up a paint gun, even those who have, unless you have the experience and have done it before I would suggest going to someone who has done it before. I have painted cars in the passed at the body shop I was at out of highschool, Plasti Dip is alot different though. You have to know what you are doing so you dont end up with lots of flashy spots and speads evenly.

^ At least u could just peel it off if you fuck it up :lol:

^ At least u could just peel it off if you fuck it up :lol: Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 2

hahah ya. Peel till you get it right!!

hopefully we have time this weekend after doing the bimmer and couple sets of rims to start on my project on the Ra!

Did a Customers 135i Matte White. Thought I'd share here. also few other little things. Have been doing sets of rims weekly for a bunch of the Alberta Evo guys and other groups.

C360_2013-05-17-18-20-10-708.jpg

Gunmetal base:

C360_2013-05-17-21-57-37-655.jpg

Whoa der!

C360_2013-05-18-00-03-16-092.jpg

End Result and a uber late night:

C360_2013-05-18-16-51-50-402.jpg

Also helped my neighbour prep for his Camo Tan over his jeep:

C360_2013-05-18-15-50-01-939.jpg

Have not been able to shoot the flakes and gloss over my ride yet due to our stock being used, also changing rim colour with next shipment. Smoked tails only change ;(

C360_2013-05-20-10-50-38-899.jpg

I like the matte white, looks good.

Good work!!

Little updates,

Just picked this up:

C360_2013-07-23-17-17-35-217.jpg

And I know lots of people here are not fans of the Matte look, but for the longest time I have wanted a Camo/Olive green scheme on basically all the vehicles I have owned. And well, ever sense doing this dipping job on the side, we have gallons and gallons of stock so figured it was time to change up the Matte Black. Rims will be next, thinking of a bronze possibly. Really gotta get the DSLR out to as we experiemented with some glow in the dark powders and sprayed one of the rims. Looks pretty cool, rice but awesome lol! \

C360_2013-07-20-20-51-37-339.jpg

C360_2013-07-20-20-50-44-419.jpg

C360_2013-07-20-20-50-30-894.jpg

Will upload all the vehicles we have done lately. If anyone is interested in following us:

Facebook and Instagram: CustomCreationsDipping

OK... that actually looks pretty amazing. Come do mine like that :D

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

damn I definitely like the green

Heres a better view with no stupid filter, and how true green it is.

IMG_6425.jpg

OK... that actually looks pretty amazing. Come do mine like that :D Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thanks bud! Move closer and you got a deal lol.

damn I definitely like the green

Thanks! I cant believe the amount of looks and questions I get. I got alot with the Matte Black, but not nearly this many. Very happy with the outcome.

O didnt mention, also went the way of the 06 STI lip.

C360_2013-07-16-16-04-02-169.jpg

Here is a couple of the rides we have been doing:

2011 Impreza Matte Black EVERYTHING!

C360_2013-07-13-18-30-52-287.jpg

C360_2013-07-13-18-31-27-041.jpg

2012 Jeep SRT8, Matte White with black accents and roof.

C360_2013-07-13-21-53-19-074.jpg

C360_2013-07-13-21-52-50-947.jpg

Acura TL, sister drove the Impreza. Custom grey

PhotoGrid_1374384861560.jpg

Everything else has been small things like rims and emblems and such lol.

Sorry kissmeblind. Havent been on here in awhile. I believe thats the one. I didnt want one with the little ends coming up and thought this went a little more. Its that one or same one from another seller either way its around the same money.

Need to get some more pics up. Played around with our own mixed glow in the dark dip so sprayed one rim with it lol.