DSTR0YTHERUNNER

Disabling Drl's

10 posts in this topic

I am posting this, because i have been researching how to disable my daytime running lights and i stumbled upon the sticky post about it, i was like WIN! ill just click this and follow all the steps...... so i thought...

I opened the thread and clicked the links, but all they did was bring me back to the projectlancer homepage..... idk if this is just my browser being lame, or if the links are broken. but please check it out and let me know if you have fixed them.

i think all the links from option 2 down work fine, but options 1 and 2 do not work for me.

thanks

well i was just scrolling through the forums and this idea popped into my head.

i REALLY want an LED strip in my headlights and i DO NOT want my original DRL's running all the time, so does anybody think there would be a way to DISABLE the original DRL's and have the LED strip work as the DRL's

so everytime i turn my car on, the LED strip acts as my DRL's....

i hope that makes sense... is that even possible to do?

well i was just scrolling through the forums and this idea popped into my head.

i REALLY want an LED strip in my headlights and i DO NOT want my original DRL's running all the time, so does anybody think there would be a way to DISABLE the original DRL's and have the LED strip work as the DRL's

so everytime i turn my car on, the LED strip acts as my DRL's....

i hope that makes sense... is that even possible to do?

You can do it but you need to do a little wire cutting. Also LEDs in the headlight, around the headlight, anywhere on the front that are on all the time are becoming a little played. I recently took mine off cause after awhile they just look lame.

You would need to rewire and possibly spice your lighting system so that the DRL's are running to your fogs. If you do not have vehicle wiring experience i would suggest you talk to someone who does. Also the proper voltage will be needed to run the LED's i dont think that should be a problem. Remember this is going to void your lighting warranty if something goes wrong.

I believe there is one member here who has actually done it if i come across his thread i will send it your way.

thanks for your input guys! much appreciated! i am going to look more into this just to see what all it would entail. keep an eye out for any posts like that and send em my way, THANKS

I had this done to mine and didnt have to do any cutting or anything. i had jroxs drl bypass and HIDs. when you hook it all up using the bypass your left with an extra plug coming from your HIDs all i did was plug my led strip into this extra plug and it run all the time as my drls. sorry for the explanation if you cant understand it let me know and i`ll go over it again.

really it was that simple? did you have to wire both LED strips together, then plug them into the remaining plug?

really it was that simple? did you have to wire both LED strips together, then plug them into the remaining plug?

Yup thats all you do. It's real easy lol

Yup thats all you do. It's real easy lol

I am in process of doing this, just waiting for all the materials to arrive. I got some 0.5W 5 chip leds off ebay, they put out 290mck, so should be pretty bright for DRL. I will build a housing out of carbon fiber and put it near my fog light. I am also building my own DRL bypass since I have an extra harness and the parts are less than 10 bucks to build the module. As of now I will not need to alter any factory wiring, however this means DRL leds will be on all the time, my options are to wire in switch so I can turn them off....or wire a relay to the parking lights so when they turn on, the led DRL will turn off. Not sure what route I will go. Will post a write-up once I start the project. On a side note, can anyone answer this, if I tap into an empty fuse that is only on with ignition, can I use a fuse tap to tab 30 on a relay (instead of running to the battery) to provide a 12v power supply. Thanks.