Sinestra

Fog Lights Without Headlights

78 posts in this topic

Courtesy of Ukie from Evo X forums. I recently did this and it works great. I would recommend running HID fogs if you want to do this since they run cooler. This is not DRL fog light MOD your fogs will be on all the time when you start the car all your other lights will work as normal. There will be 10sec delay when you turn off the car and then the fogs will turn off. Use a volt meter to find the empty 12v slot.

so first thing youll need to do is go to the store and pick up a fuse jumper wire(see pic 1) then ull have to remove the factory fog light fuse/relay and plug in the fuse jumper (see pic 2) then i took my volt meter and found an empty spot that had 12v when the key was turn(see pic 3) and thats it the spot i picked is nice cuz it has a delay when you turn the car off the fogs will still stay on for about 15 sec.. ive been running this for bout 1yr and havent had an issue yet

Thats it? Seems too easy! lmao

Damn its gonna be all the time ?

Very interested. I shall be trying this soon.

I'll def be trying this on tuesday if i can find that fuse jump thing lol.

blah, i dont have a CC yet lol or a paypal so I have to resort to going to my local auto store...no big deal

sounds fancy lol. got the original link to the thread from evo x? also, could you post a vid of the foglight mod?

Damn its gonna be all the time ?

I'll def be trying this on tuesday if i can find that fuse jump thing lol.

sounds fancy lol. got the original link to the thread from evo x? also, could you post a vid of the foglight mod?

Youtube vid, original link and pictures are in my progress thread and its super easy i bought mine from pepboys for like $5.00. Yes they will be on all the time im not worried i have an HID kit they run cooler and longer than halogen. The person who did the write has been running this set up for over a year with no issues.

Here is the link to the original thread on EvoX

http://www.evoxforum...ead.php?t=47024

Youtube vid

I'll probably still end up doing this. Thanks for the video Shaun!

So my fuse box is different then the one in the pictures lol my fog fuse is number 1 and the spot where your getting power from is filled in with a box fuse.

So my fuse box is different then the one in the pictures lol my fog fuse is number 1 and the spot where your getting power from is filled in with a box fuse.

that's the evo x fuse box

The ***** i have an evo fuse box for? Lol no is racecar

The ***** i have an evo fuse box for? Lol no is racecar

LOL idk if the evo x fuse box is different but that one pictured in the thumbnail is from an evo x. Because racecar

Ooo then i wonder what shauns fuse set up looks like.

woo, so he totally removed that fuse lmao...i'll have to give it another shot.

got it working, didnt realize i had to totally remove the box fuse.

Thanks Shaun for sharing this.

oh snap Carter you did it? sweet man

I find it funny that people have been flipping out for like 2 years and snipping and spicing wires for their fogs light when all they had to do was this. This is why i wait to do **** because there is usually another option that does require mutilating your wiring.

Yup, its so sick, other lancers and evos i drive by look and must be thinking "how can I do that" lol

Carter i'm gonna try to buy this fuse jumper thing, maybe over the weekend when im up there you can show me the result so i can see it in person lol

Yeah. I even have an extra male spade connector and wire so we can just snap it all together.

Glad to be of service of guys. Glad everyone is seeing how easy this is to do.

Will the fog lights turn off when you put your highbeams on? (its a law in PA)

No they will not turn off if you want that to happen you are going to do some splicing. Or you can get Jrox's bypass and swap the plugs for the lows and fogs