Sinestra

Fog Lights Without Headlights

78 posts in this topic

another thing to my list.

I've done all sorts of electronic work on old cars but I'm not too keen on splicing any wires in my new baby haha. Are there any how to's for this? Haha.

I just like the fact of being able to turn on just my fog lights

I've done all sorts of electronic work on old cars but I'm not too keen on splicing any wires in my new baby haha. Are there any how to's for this? Haha.

I just like the fact of being able to turn on just my fog lights

This is the only non splicing method i know of other than swapping the connections on Jrox's DRL bypass. If you are looking to splice wires to turn your fogs on and off at will, you will have to do a search.

This is the only non splicing method i know of other than swapping the connections on Jrox's DRL bypass. If you are looking to splice wires to turn your fogs on and off at will, you will have to do a search.

Well another non splicing method that i used was i went to pepboys and purchased a 20$ fog light wiring kit with a switch and wired the signal to the city lights and i still have a master on/off button so i can turn them on whenever my city lights are on without my lows being on, and they turn on when i unlock my car unless the master switch is turned off

Tried on a 2012 gts, doesnt work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Are you sure you used the right fuse spots?

I used every possible combination. And there is two fuses to fogs, one big black one and the blue 15amp one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

The 2012 might use a different set up from the previous models i dont see why it would but that is a possibility. I know the 2012's dont have DRL's that might have something to do with it.

Take a picture of your fuse box

Sinestra's method is pure win!

The 2012 might use a different set up from the previous models i dont see why it would but that is a possibility. I know the 2012's dont have DRL's that might have something to do with it.

Take a picture of your fuse box

just wondering cant i just unplug the fuse atach a wire to it and connect it to a 12 volt would that work or do i need this fuse jumper?

i have the add a fuse but what else do you need to complete this to just beable to plug it in?

i have the add a fuse but what else do you need to complete this to just beable to plug it in?

you need to slice on some extra wire and then put a male spade connector on the wire

Did this mod earlier today and i love it! Now to wait for my 3000ks to come in

Did this mod earlier today and i love it! Now to wait for my 3000ks to come in

Same except i ordered 6k head and fogs

where did you order yours from?

where did you order yours from?

Hidnation.com

Well another non splicing method that i used was i went to pepboys and purchased a 20$ fog light wiring kit with a switch and wired the signal to the city lights and i still have a master on/off button so i can turn them on whenever my city lights are on without my lows being on, and they turn on when i unlock my car unless the master switch is turned off

So you can turn your fog lights on without turning your low beams on? How do you go about doing this?

I'd love to have my side markers on and my fogs. I'd be fine with wiring a switch too so I can turn on my fogs whenever I want (then just hide the switch for inspection) but still be able to use the fog/headlight controls

easiest mod i couldve done. literally took about 15mins including the drive to the store. +1 and work like a charm. i got worried because the "engine service lite" came on and im like no. so i undid the mod and it was still on. then i redid it and put the fuse box cover on and the light came off. i was like woow lol.

Interesting. I have 0 issues with my 2011.

The thing is, would this work differently since the 2011 Lancers dont come with DRL's? I'm still kind of lost on this lol

All this is doing is removing the Foglight relay and wiring it direct to a 12V constant source. My Fogs turn on anytime my key is in the on position, and shut off after turning the car off.

be weary of this mod guys. a buddy of mine who runs HID fogs did this mod and the fuse totally bursted leaving his fuse box cover charred.

i'm doing this mod with OEM bulbs and they are fine.

I had this going with ZERO issues for months - I recently (a few weeks ago) got HID's for the foglights. Things ran fine for a week or two and now the fuse in the jumper wire keeps blowing. Any ideas as to what is causing this?

Does it blow on startup or when left on for awhile? HID's do use more "charge" on startup for that initial ignition. That could cause the fuse poppin'.