Iliselancer

Removeing Shift Knob(Automatic)

27 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this I'm trying to replace my stock shift knob in my 09 lancer gts but this thing is really on there anyone have any tips for me i would be very greatful

Thanks bro 1 more question do you know if I have to buy a certain knobs or can I just buy any universal one?

Thanks bro 1 more question do you know if I have to buy a certain knobs or can I just buy any universal one?

Our shift knobs are not threaded. They clip on to the post, so finding one to work and stay put will be a pain

ya dude i just got my mishimoto knob in today and its threaded and now i gotta figure how to get this to work cus it cost me 80 bucks so i have to get it to work

ya dude i just got my mishimoto knob in today and its threaded and now i gotta figure how to get this to work cus it cost me 80 bucks so i have to get it to work

'

Didn't even consider if you had a manual. CVT knobs are hard to find a replacement for

lol i saw it wanted it didnt ever think about the fact that it might not fit

lol i saw it wanted it didnt ever think about the fact that it might not fit

Yeah man. I have an aftermarket threaded shift knob and a cvt. I ended up cutting the shift post shorter with a dremel, put on a grinder attachment and roughed up the metal near the top, then used a metal epoxy to attach it. Although this works it will very hard to get off

ya dude im in this car for the next 4 1/2 years at least not really planning on switching cars just looking into fixing up my gramps 69 mustang gt convertable he wants me to pick up just kinda hard shipping it 500+ miles. im catching on with the fabricating stuff to make it fit just had to make some adjustments to make some mud flaps fit i had ordered

Nice dude. Yeah I plan on owning my car for quite a while as well. So this mod wasn't something that bothered me, And yeah a 500 mile ship sounds expensive

Nice dude. Yeah I plan on owning my car for quite a while as well. So this mod wasn't something that bothered me, And yeah a 500 mile ship sounds expensive

My 2011 is threaded lol

mines automatic danny is yours standard?

mines automatic danny is yours standard?

Sadly, CVT

My 2011 is threaded lol

Hmm I had no clue the 2011 had threaded shift knobs. You are lucky sir!

Hmm I had no clue the 2011 had threaded shift knobs. You are lucky sir!

Lets switch. You can have my threaded knob, and I get your roof rack.

Lets switch. You can have my threaded knob, and I get your roof rack.

lol, hmm... I think i'm ok haha. Thanks for the offer though!

i went to the dealer and they removed mine for free and i bought a nice blue led manual shifter with on/off switch from ebay and used some epoxy and the cvt shifter clip from the stock shift knob and it holds perffectly.

know i just gotta find a nice boot to cover the cvt panel lol

Since it threads does that mean i can fix any shift knob i want? I'm definitely want one of the circle carbon fiber ball one. Not sure where i saw it but it was mad dope!

Since it threads does that mean i can fix any shift knob i want? I'm definitely want one of the circle carbon fiber ball one. Not sure where i saw it but it was mad dope!

If it does thread then you can fit any knob that has the same thread pitch as the standard one

just took a fist to the chin using the car in neutral n pulling up method

Damn you ahha

Damn! Yeah it requires a lot of force to get it off. The first time I took it off I knocked off and broke my broadway mirror

Damn! Yeah it requires a lot of force to get it off. The first time I took it off I knocked off and broke my broadway mirror

Lmfao.

Bro can you give me some info on what q clips and shieeeet fit our cars for the roof racks ?

Aren't all shift knob the same threaded direction and style?

Lmfao.

Bro can you give me some info on what q clips and shieeeet fit our cars for the roof racks ?

The Q83 clips are for our cars, as for the cross bars i think I got the 48 inch, but I'd recommend the 50 or 52. The 48's are barely wide enough

Aren't all shift knob the same threaded direction and style?

They're all pretty much the same thread direction, but there are different diameters, and thread pitches used on various shift knobs