MR973

Va Meet

100 posts in this topic

Should just try to get everyone to springfest. ;)

lol thats true. but it's gonna be so busy. i may not even be taking my car out there, plus i might be kicking it with ultraspeed most of that day. are you going?

I'm trying to. Just gotta make the drive home.

well, i guess ill see you at springfest if no meet is happening before that lol. you showing your car? anyone else of you guys going?

where and what happens in spring fest?

It's at the va beach convention center. It's a huge car show that happens during spring. I'm pretty sure it's in June this year. Just search sumospeed spring fest 2015 on Facebook to get more details.

same same, the ksports are still alive? whats new with your lancer?

The KSports are alive and well. Umm removed the yellow vinyl overlay from my foglights and installed yellow bulbs instead. Also got a new muffler with a removable silencer, because sometimes I like to have it a little quieter than normal. I mean a custom 2.5" cat-back exhaust with a tiny resonator and a straight through muffler is pretty loud.

Sumospeed seems pretty big. Says June 6th on their facebook page.

I would look like a newbei in there showing up with a stock plastidipped lancer among all those souped up or slammed downs :baby: . But looks interesting.

Haha. They actually sold out lot tickets in like....a week. It's huge. A couple people from my crew are showing inside so I'll probably be there in support and stuff. Parked off to the side or just riding along with some rolling shots.

The KSports are alive and well. Umm removed the yellow vinyl overlay from my foglights and installed yellow bulbs instead. Also got a new muffler with a removable silencer, because sometimes I like to have it a little quieter than normal. I mean a custom 2.5" cat-back exhaust with a tiny resonator and a straight through muffler is pretty loud.

yeah i missed the ksports, i ended up getting coilovers again but settled for d2s unfortunately lol. will you be going to springfest?

Sumospeed seems pretty big. Says June 6th on their facebook page.

I would look like a newbei in there showing up with a stock plastidipped lancer among all those souped up or slammed downs :baby: . But looks interesting.

Haha. They actually sold out lot tickets in like....a week. It's huge. A couple people from my crew are showing inside so I'll probably be there in support and stuff. Parked off to the side or just riding along with some rolling shots.

yeah, i dont think there is anymore spots to show your car there. you can still go, but park at the guest parking lot. the event gets bigger and bigger each year so it becomes quite difficult to get a spot to show your car nowadays.

so you guys wanna decide on a date you want to make this meet happen? preference?

yeah i missed the ksports, i ended up getting coilovers again but settled for d2s unfortunately lol. will you be going to springfest?

yeah, i dont think there is anymore spots to show your car there. you can still go, but park at the guest parking lot. the event gets bigger and bigger each year so it becomes quite difficult to get a spot to show your car nowadays.

so you guys wanna decide on a date you want to make this meet happen? preference?

They actually saved a couple spots for day of entries, but it's very limited. Gimme a date and I'll ask off of work and make a ride down.

Na I'm not going to Springfest, but if everybody here wants to meet up on that date I will.

lets try to go for a different date for sometime in may?

I'm good for any weekend except the 16th and 17th.

okay, so how about the week before or after that weekend? anyone else wanna chime in?

okay, so how about the week before or after that weekend? anyone else wanna chime in?

I do contract jobs, so I wont know where I will be around that time. But If I am in northern VA, I will definitely join. I am like the jumpy beginner. :D . But that is how everyone starts.

Weekend before or after is good with me. I don't work weekends.

so it looks like 3 are somewhat for sure with 1 on maybe.

what did you guys want to do? photoshoot? cruise?

How about lunch and then cruise? Or we cruise to lunch?

How far are you guys willing to cruise?

Meet somewhere in va beach like freedom wash again or somewhere in hampton/newport news area? Not very familiar with that area though. Since all of us are on coils now, we want to consider the road conditions obviously lol.

Roads aren't that big of a deal for me because my car isn't that low. I recently raised it up to help save tires.

haha. Yeah I can't be going to the places we did years ago. Though that underpass parking lot by the baseball stadium was prime, the railroad tracks and potholes to get there....not so much.

may 9?

haha. Yeah I can't be going to the places we did years ago. Though that underpass parking lot by the baseball stadium was prime, the railroad tracks and potholes to get there....not so much.

so there is a meet in newport news for VA lancers.

"So guys official meet up having a grill out! May 9th Saturday at 2pm!

Newport News, VA 23603-1104

BRING SOME FOOD CHIPS SODA WHATEVER!

looking forward too meeting you guys!!!"

quoted from a post. not sure if youre still seeing this, but hope you can make it.

Any meets set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great weather coming up, any meets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk