Lord Helix

Depo OEM Projector Housing Headlights

221 posts in this topic

Well thanks to i think it was zi0n in the shoutbox who found these and he wasn't sure... confirmed off going to DEPO's own website:

http://www.depo.com.tw/asp/pdf/R_MB_LANCER_CK4_EVO.PDF

They now have projector headlights OEM style for our cars, by looking on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2011-Lancer-GTS-Black-Projector-Head-Lights-Evolution-Evo-X-Halogen-DEPO-/310383626494?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item48444e48fe&vxp=mtr#ht_1847wt_1163

They cost $300 and are coming from the UNITED STATES. This means we wont have to wait WEEKS for them to come from Malaysia/China/Taiwan or any other overseas company.

Wow thats cheap!!!

unfortunately, not bi-xenon :D

halogen bulb running through a projector hmmm....

looks good if balling on a budget.

I'm curious to see the output of the halogen bulb going through the projector.

Yea No Bi-Xenon but definitely a good find bro...+1

I wanna see sum1 buy this, install ballasts + jrox harness, & HID it up for the low beam, and compare the light output vs a projected lancer

^^^^ yes

Oooohhhh.......retrofit options

Dude are you serious....... I needed these like last week. Hahaha awesome find. Now I have to call Joe at auto city imports, ask him what the return policy is on the headlamp housings I just bought and then buy these. Eff my life! :P

Edit: Just as I look at these on ebay I notice they were already added to my cart 4 weeks ago. fail.

Oooohhhh.......retrofit options

Keith would it be possible to convert these to bi-xenon?

if you look at the bottom of the catalog you'll see that the D2S version is TBA.

Okay this may be a bit stupid, but can someone explain to me what bi-xenon actually is? Whenever I saw this mentioned I always figured it was just projector housings and HIDs. Is there a difference between bi-xenon and regular projectors?

Bi-xenon means low/high both output from the same bulb/projector. Hence the "bi"xenon lol a xenon projector will only function as either a low or high beam but not both at the same time. These lights seem to have a oem projector lens and shroud on top of the stock reflector thus keeping our oem halogen setup the same without needing rewire since thw bulbs remain 9006/9005.

Now who's going to be the guinea for these?! ?

Okay this may be a bit stupid, but can someone explain to me what bi-xenon actually is? Whenever I saw this mentioned I always figured it was just projector housings and HIDs. Is there a difference between bi-xenon and regular projectors?

taken from wikipedia :

Bi-Xenon Headlights refers to HID (High Intensity Discharge) Xenon headlights that offer both low (dipped) and high (main) beam lighting from a dual headlight system (as opposed to a quad headlight system).

A bi-xenon system eliminates the need for a separate halogen high beam bulb/lens by either moving the xenon bulb within the lens or by moving a shield up or down in front of the bulb (depending on the reflector design) to allow light to escape from the lens in a different pattern.

A bi-xenon system typically features dynamic headlight leveling and on some vehicles direction adjustability.

The four lamp Bi - Xenon systems on some cars (BMW for example) use beam deflection on one pair of HID Xenon lamps for main and high beams. The second pair of lamps contain standard halogen bulbs for the headlamp flash function, they are not used in normal running. HID lamps take a few seconds to reach full output and their service life is seriously reduced by flashing on and off, for these reasons they are not currently used for any flash function.

Or you can be a smartass^^ lololol

Im getting these, bixenon or not. installing a single angel eye and demon eyes. blacking out the housing and BAM! DONE!

Interested to see the outcome of this.

Okay now that I know what Bi-Xenon is, is there really that much of a disadvantage to getting these instead of a Bi-Xenon? If I were to pick these up, I'd run my HIDs through them, and take out all the halogen crap in them.

About bloody time... only took 2 and half years since DEPO announced them.

These should be fairly easy and cheap to convert to BI-Xenon.

I've got the OEM bi-xenon setup for $350 from China, so you can always wait the few extra weeks to get a true bi-xenon setup if you don't want the 9006/9005 setup for Depo.

But regardless, that's a really good price for a set.

I've got the OEM bi-xenon setup for $350 from China, so you can always wait the few extra weeks to get a true bi-xenon setup if you don't want the 9006/9005 setup for Depo. But regardless, that's a really good price for a set.

hey bro how is yours holding so far? i just got mine from china too well after such a pain since they send me a set one of them lens was out of place so i had to order another passenger headlight i received today to replace the bad one i got but their shipping sucked they had to break something lol

So this may be another stupid question but does this mean I can buy these headlights and they are a direct swap with the halogens? I guess what I'm asking is, is the big connector the exact same as the ones on the halogens that come stock? Because like an idiot, I had bought a set of Taobao projectors not too long ago and didn't realize that I had to rearrange some pins in the connector(s) so I couldn't get them to work and I sold them. I couldn't keep taking my bumper on and off or just leave it off until I figured out how to get them to work.

So this may be another stupid question but does this mean I can buy these headlights and they are a direct swap with the halogens? I guess what I'm asking is, is the big connector the exact same as the ones on the halogens that come stock? Because like an idiot, I had bought a set of Taobao projectors not too long ago and didn't realize that I had to rearrange some pins in the connector(s) so I couldn't get them to work and I sold them. I couldn't keep taking my bumper on and off or just leave it off until I figured out how to get them to work.

hey bro i am the one who was going to buy yours on eBay but u told me u already sold them lol but i finally ordered the taobao ones like the ones u had and got them installed, wiring them is not hard at all u just have to match projectors wiring with the car wiring harness and ur set there is a digram from a post on PF forum that shows u exactly how to wire them but i had mine wired with a professional car shop in town.

these should be easy to install since they use 9006 bulbs and need a set of HIDS and you should be great

Ya they don't look complicated at all just plug and play good for people who converted thier halogen to HID and now all they need is transfer all the 9006 bulbs into those and they will be all set only bummer its not a biExenon but who cares if I didn't get the taobao ones I will be all over these and would have bought them the second I saw them on eBay.

Or you can be a smartass^^ lololol

easiest copy-paste in my life :rofl: :rofl: