MR973

Reflash

14 posts in this topic

Hey all, got a quick question. I'm looking for the pro's and con's of reflashing. Is it really worth it stock or getting add on's then doing it. Thanks

if you are planning to get add ons you should def wait cuz youll have to retune once you do, and all i have heard is positives, pretty swell gains, especially with evos and not to much mpg lost, maybe 1 or 2

From what I've read, everyone says to wait till you get all your mods in place before a reflash. That way you don't have to reflash again after you change up your specs by adding more mods. I'm sure one of the experts will chime in soon enough. =P

Ok, thanks a lot guys

Depends what you put on the car.

For example, my first mod was ETS intake and it was nearly stalling at every traffic light with the revs bouncing violently. Should have tuned immediatley for that.

If you do just a drop in flat panel filter, intercooler + piping, and catback - you should be ok.

I would put on all my parts on at once and immediatley get a tune. Saves time in the long run and cash.

I m sorry but that's just the computer learning the new airflow ect. You only really need a tune for doing anything other than bolt ons like cams , lower Ic piping, full turbo back, or custom full exhaust with no cat and or test pipe. Imao you don't need one after just a intake, just disconnect the battery have it relearn the bolt on (roughly 100 miles) and bam done .

I v installed a few ets intakes this way no problem by the way.

Reflashing is good but only after your following are done:

Intake

Upper and lower intercooler piping

Exhaust

Then tune.

Reflash is basically just a road tune slapped together from the factory tune to squeeze 10 or so hp out of it.

But ultimately, for the best bang for your buck and hp/tq gains, take your Evo to a legit tuner and pay $200-$500 more for a good tune and it will give you not only way better numbers but better chance of no knock counts ect.

I m sorry but that's just the computer learning the new airflow ect. You only really need a tune for doing anything other than bolt ons like cams , lower Ic piping, full turbo back, or custom full exhaust with no cat and or test pipe. Imao you don't need one after just a intake, just disconnect the battery have it relearn the bolt on (roughly 100 miles) and bam done .

I v installed a few ets intakes this way no problem by the way.

Reflashing is good but only after your following are done:

Intake

Upper and lower intercooler piping

Exhaust

Then tune.

Reflash is basically just a road tune slapped together from the factory tune to squeeze 10 or so hp out of it.

But ultimately, for the best bang for your buck and hp/tq gains, take your Evo to a legit tuner and pay $200-$500 more for a good tune and it will give you not only way better numbers but better chance of no knock counts ect.

Actually it's different for factory turbo cars like the EVO, WRX, etc. When an intake is added, this can change the AFR ratios. The car immediately needs a tune afterwards for the sake of operating properly. As far as our own NA cars go we can just plug and play.

Actually it's different for factory turbo cars like the EVO, WRX, etc. When an intake is added, this can change the AFR ratios. The car immediately needs a tune afterwards for the sake of operating properly. As far as our own NA cars go we can just plug and play.

Carl is correct. Since the AFR is more dependent for the Evo it is highly recommended you get a tune after you get an intake. Our cars are fine just cause it is a standard set-up and no extra goodies.

I don't know, I ve never had a single problem installing intakes on friends evos or wrx's. I do agree it changes a lot but to tune after every mod is just a waste of money.

what would you guys say on using the next stage power pro timing controller from RRM?

what would you guys say on using the next stage power pro timing controller from RRM?

No - don't waste your money.

No - don't waste your money.

why is that is it not enough power gains? what would you suggest i get?