6FeetDeep

New Throttle Body Installed Today!

55 posts in this topic

its cool decided to get xxr 962s eveyrhting happens for a reason

I replaced the upper coolant hose with a new longer one. I'm guessing I didn't tighten it down enough?

when u do that there new and not used to the clamps so its gonna be loose like u said just keep an eye on em and try to tighten the clamps down bye pulling opposite ways so it can sit properly with the new hose ............ y didnt u just bypass it?

I didn't do the by-pass because I live in Chicago where the winter can just S-U-C-K! I don't want to run into any issues with any kind of freezing up of the throttle body....even though that probably wouldn't happen.....I just don't like the idea of "what if"

On a positive note:

My double clamp idea has held up perfectly.

Even more positive info:

Finally did a run up to Wisconsin to the Jelly Belly Factory. For me it was a 1 1/2 hour trip. As soon as I got on the expressway, I kept it at 65mph as much as possible with the air conditioning on & cruise. Both kids in the car & trunk loaded up with a cooler & I put the spare & all my crap back into the car (took it out when I went racing)

My end result......34.9mpg by the time I put it in park in their parking lot.

Not bad. I was expecting worse with the new T.B, but it is still just fine.

i installed the tb and i filled my tank up this past wedsday and im on half tank and i drive alot so the tb i feel doesnt take any gas from me i actually gained

Never thought of using a throttle body from an Eclipse or Galant before. Now I can finally change out my throttle body and get something that works better with my K&N SRI. When you bought the TB did it come with everything you needed to do the swap? If not, what other parts did you have to buy?

Never thought of using a throttle body from an Eclipse or Galant before. Now I can finally change out my throttle body and get something that works better with my K&N SRI. When you bought the TB did it come with everything you needed to do the swap? If not, what other parts did you have to buy?

You have to get a security torq tool, vice grips, extra coolant, and a longer hose for the throttle body unless you bypass the hose, but if you have to go through winters, its not recommended since the tb can freeze up with the bypass.

You have to get a security torq tool

Guess Mitsubishi put some special bolts on it so only they could take it off. You got a picture of the torq tool?

Guess Mitsubishi put some special bolts on it so only they could take it off. You got a picture of the torq tool?

Not really a special too. It's just to get the black box off of your stock TB and migrate it to your new TB. Its a Torx T20 tool that can be bought from Lowe's. I bought a full automotive tool kit which worked great. Other than that you just need a 10MM wrench or socket wrench, an extender as well, along with a 12MM. This is a very simple swap.

Oh its a torx; I got a whole torx kit already. Now all I need to do is find a TB from an Eclipse.

Oh its a torx; I got a whole torx kit already. Now all I need to do is find a TB from an Eclipse.

security torx bro not the same as regular ones there has to be a hole in the middle of the star

Mine have the hole in the middle

how great of a difference did get from it?

I cant wait to install mine.. I've had it for like two weeks now but havent got around to it... Might do it tomorrow, Really wanting to do it haha

Most people don't realize that if you port and polish your stock TB is the same as a 4G63..

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

The 4g63 and 4g69 have different connection types hope you know

I cant wait to install mine.. I've had it for like two weeks now but havent got around to it... Might do it tomorrow, Really wanting to do it haha

Did you install yours yet? I was wondering how it would work in a ES model. Do you notice any improvements from the ES stocker?

how many people have ported their stock TB rather than installing this?

what lines am I using? the stock ones from 4b11 or I should use the ones from 4G69?

thanks

Hey guys,

just installed 4g69 throttle body on my 2011 lancer es. Took all day. Coolant spilled as expected. Hoses were a little short but connected well in the end. The only issue i face now is there is a hissing noise and the car idles unstably. I have a HPS short ram intake with a kn cone filter as well, I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem. I know there are solutions for the idling, but what about the hissing noise? I must have done something wrong but I'm not sure where

Hey guys,

just installed 4g69 throttle body on my 2011 lancer es. Took all day. Coolant spilled as expected. Hoses were a little short but connected well in the end. The only issue i face now is there is a hissing noise and the car idles unstably. I have a HPS short ram intake with a kn cone filter as well, I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem. I know there are solutions for the idling, but what about the hissing noise? I must have done something wrong but I'm not sure where

Sounds like there could be a leak in one of your hoses. Check all the connections that everything is tightened down and secure.

Sounds like there could be a leak in one of your hoses. Check all the connections that everything is tightened down and secure.

That makes sense yet the hissing sounds like it's coming from the filter. Maybe i damaged it taking it out. I'll take a look tomorrow. I guess i can solve the idling issue through using those steps involving draining the battery.

Hey guys,

Did you change the black portion (where it plugs in) from you stock throttle body and put it on the 4g69 ones? That could be the cause of the wild idle...

Did you change the black portion (where it plugs in) from you stock throttle body and put it on the 4g69 ones? That could be the cause of the wild idle...

I'll have to try that. A few too many issues and not enough time today. I put the stock one back on because i need my car moving. I'm having it shipped to AZ in a few days. When i get there i'll do a coolant bypass and try it all again.