Sinestra

"kasumi" New Wheels 6/16/15.

414 posts in this topic

There are a few changes on the 2012 iv noticed so far.

1.FAST Key you have to push the black button no more grabbing your handle the biometric sensor behind the handle is gone.

2.When you unlock your car the rear lights, parking lights and side marker lights illuminate for about 15-20 seconds.

3. I cant tell yet but im pretty sure the 2012 dont have DRL's

Pretty much Shaun. My 2011 is the same way. No DRL's, push button on the door handle, and yeah the lights stay on.

another Ralliart added to the ranks :)

I saw this picture on FB Congrats on the upgrade!! You will love the power u can get with her!!! I'm looking forward to seeing and talking with you about the RA!! We are finally getting quite a bit of RA's on PL now!! It's exciting!!

Congrats on the upgrade Shaun! Can't wait to see what you have in store for it!

Yeaaaa Buddy....Can't wait to see what you have got planned buddy

Sooo.... Did the 8400BH go w/ other one? :-)

Sooo.... Did the 8400BH go w/ other one? :-)

No its at my friends audio shop waiting to be put in the RA this weekend

Glad to see you're keeping it! I woulda cried if I traded my car with that in there.

Looks great, not a fan of the stock wheels but those will change I bet. I m even lookin into a RA if I can ever find a 2010 or 2011 with recaros... Not the easiest to find ... What else is different in the 2012's?

The 2012's also have black interior trim, not that fake carbon fiber crap lol leather door panels. No DRL's with the halogens. I think the ones with the projectors have DRL's, not too sure. But they definitely don't offer the Recaros anymore.

I have some technical questions about the ralliarts Auto, Auto manual and Sport manual from any of the experience ralliart guys.

What's your question?

You can switch modes in the RA by the toggle near the shifter or you can move the shifter over the left. what is the difference in driving in these modes? Over the weekend i just used the toggle and pressed up to put it in sport mode.

Do you mean move the shifter over to where you shift yourself? Cause even when you do that the car technically isn't in Sport mode I mean yes you can choose when to shift and stuff so it would be the same as having it in Sport mode but if u look in the middle where u see what gear your in it will say Normal until you switch it to Sport! Also I am not positive but I feel like my car has a little more power in sport compared to Normal. I noticed when in Normal and pushing full throttleand in the middle of being WOT switching to Sport it to me felt like there was some hidden power coming out of Normal mode but maybe I'm wrong lol Idk!

Do you mean move the shifter over to where you shift yourself? Cause even when you do that the car technically isn't in Sport mode I mean yes you can choose when to shift and stuff so it would be the same as having it in Sport mode but if u look in the middle where u see what gear your in it will say Normal until you switch it to Sport! Also I am not positive but I feel like my car has a little more power in sport compared to Normal. I noticed when in Normal and pushing full throttleand in the middle of being WOT switching to Sport it to me felt like there was some hidden power coming out of Normal mode but maybe I'm wrong lol Idk!

Do you use the toggle or do you move the shifter over? You know where the + and - are. What im asking is if you use the toggle and switch it is it the same function?

No it is not the same u have to toggle it in to Sport mode. If you just u the shifter like the paddles and shift u won't technically be in Sport mode if you go to your car and start it up and drive and use the paddles and shift into second your car will still be in Normal mode until you toggle it into Sport! All the paddles or shifting it yourself does is allow you to choose the shift points!

What about S-Sport mode? how do you tell the car you want to drive in that mode?

S-Sport mode is only available in the Evo MR's sadly the Ralliarts didn't get that option! But if they were to have it you just put it into Sport and then hold the switch for like 5 seconds and it would switch into S-Sport!

Some peeps on EvoM said that Ralliarts have S-sport i will have to check into that. I guess i dont get why there are two functions to switch modes.

1.Flip the toggle

2.Move gear shifter over

why not just have one option to switch modes.

The purpose would be for people that want to drive it in a sporty fasion without having to do the shifting like a normal Automatic and then for the people that want to shift it and choose the points when to shift! You know what I mean? Like me I prefer to drive it in Sport mode and let it do the shifting but that's just me! Also anyone with a Ralliart with S-Sport mode did something extra to the car to get that feature such as putting in the MR ECU or something like that! There has also been talk that you can take the car to the dealership and ask them about using something to kind of Flash your ECU to what the MR runs off of or something like that!

So you using the +/- to shift on the gear shifter is the same as shifting with the paddle shifter. Mitsu just did that so you can feel more sporty shifting with gear shift instead of the paddle shifter? is that pretty much it

I suppose so but I will tell you this if you play around with it shifting with the shifter there is a lot of lag from the time you move it to shift and when the car actually shifts! And if you use the paddle shifters and shift there is no lag at all! As soon as you pull it to shift the car shifts its instant there is no delay!

Also having the paddles is better for if you use the car on the track because then you don't need to take a hand off of the wheel to change between gears which is good so you can keep better control of the vehicle along with feeling more comfortable!

K thanks man i appreciate the help im trying to decide if i want to drive in Sport mode or normal most of the time. I feel like driving in Normal mode would put stress on the clutch burning out the transmission sooner. Driving in Sport would lighten the load on the transmission especially since it seems like in normal mode the car wants to get 6th gear as soon as possible and revs the RPM's very aggressively.

Im glad i have 6 year 60K warranty

Either mode won't hurt the car if it would why would they put it on there especially being stock! And the difference also would be gas mileage I think you will burn through gas faster in Sport while in Normal its more conservative you know?