Sinestra

"kasumi" New Wheels 6/16/15.

414 posts in this topic

well i just took her for a spin and drove in only sport mode. Its shifts a lot smoother and gas mileage did not change. Also, i found that its better not to shift from 2nd to 1st its gets really funky. I shifted from 3rd to 2nd then i let the car shift into first and its was more smooth. Also, driving in sport mode the car doesnt try to get to 6th gear as soon as possible and the RPMS dont go crazy.

Either mode won't hurt the car if it would why would they put it on there especially being stock!

I dont want to be a Negative Nancy... But people said the same about Launch Control for the GT-R. Look what happened there.

Of course these are definitely 2 different instances.

Well clutch slippage is a problem in the Ralliart which is why most are saying drive in Sport mode more often than the auto.

I dont want to be a Negative Nancy... But people said the same about Launch Control for the GT-R. Look what happened there.

Of course these are definitely 2 different instances.

Well I understand that Carlos but most of the time thats not the case lol.

Well clutch slippage is a problem in the Ralliart which is why most are saying drive in Sport mode more often than the auto.

Yeah if you do I recommend shifting with the paddles rather than the shifter, like i said above it shifts better and faster with the paddles!

I totally didn't know that about shifting with the paddles rather than the shifter LOL I always do the shifter! Idk, I just like the feel of using the shifter rather than having my hands on the sides of the wheel to use the paddle shifters ;) But now I know, I'm gonna do the paddle shifters lol

switching the shifter over the +/- is not putting the car into sport

it only allows you to shift through the gears yourself

going from gear 2 - 1 will be funky unless you're at a slow speed (just as it would if you were driving a manual)

now when you toggle the switch up on the shifter upward it puts the car into sport mode

sport mode makes the shift points at a higher RPM so the car fully goes through each gear providing you more power

sport mode shifts more agressively when you are not flooring it

normal mode shifts smoother between gears (some people on EvoM say that because it is shifting smoother it'll burn the clutch faster)

the reason that normal mode wants to go to 6th gear so fast is because the car wants to try and have the best fuel economy as possible in normal mode, the higher the gear the less stress on the engie, the less stress, the more gas you save

(its like running at 5k RPM vs 2k RPM over a period of time, 5k RPM will waste more gas)

going from gear 2 - 1 will be funky unless you're at a slow speed (just as it would if you were driving a manual)

now when you toggle the switch up on the shifter upward it puts the car into sport mode

sport mode makes the shift points at a higher RPM so the car fully goes through each gear providing you more power

normal mode shifts smoother between gears (some people on EvoM say that because it is shifting smoother it'll burn the clutch faster)

the reason that normal mode wants to go to 6th gear so fast is because the car wants to try and have the best fuel economy as possible in normal mode, the higher the gear the less stress on the engie, the less stress, the more gas you save

(its like running at 5k RPM vs 2k RPM over a period of time, 5k RPM will waste more gas)

BOOM thats exactly what i was asking thanks man. I drove it again in sport mode last night took some turns at high speed and used the paddle shifters. I let the car control the downshifting as was instructed by several guys on EvoM. I will admit the RA goes through the RPM range rather quickly it was fun as hell. i shifting at about 2500-3000rpm and the car seemed to respond better in Sport mode. I did have one instance that after i came around a came i was in 6th gear and the car felt like it was not accelerating at all. I dropped it into 5th gear then 4th and then shifted through the powerband back up to 6th gear then it came alive again. It felt like the car got confused.

no problem, figured id go ahead

and remember, the car will "learn" your driving, if you drive agressive it'll expect agressive, if you drive "normal", it'll except normal driving.

the car can get confused, but it'll get back onto track

BOOM thats exactly what i was asking thanks man. I drove it again in sport mode last night took some turns at high speed and used the paddle shifters. I let the car control the downshifting as was instructed by several guys on EvoM. I will admit the RA goes through the RPM range rather quickly it was fun as hell. i shifting at about 2500-3000rpm and the car seemed to respond better in Sport mode. I did have one instance that after i came around a came i was in 6th gear and the car felt like it was not accelerating at all. I dropped it into 5th gear then 4th and then shifted through the powerband back up to 6th gear then it came alive again. It felt like the car got confused.

That is what all I said in every post I made after you had asked the question...

That is what all I said in every post I made after you had asked the question...

I know you did i was just saying he responded as well both of you were a lot of help.

Im not using the gear shifter anymore im using the paddle shifters and you are right the car is way more responsive

some reason sometimes when i used the gear shifter it doesnt engage the next gear. its as if the contact points are not that sensitive. i feel as if i have to really push it up or now

In Normal / Manual I shift at 2000 - 2500 rpms, downshifting at 1500. Sport / Manual I shift at 4000-5000 rpms, downshifting at 1500. :) Sometimes I brake shift, Depending on if I'm actually braking to a stop or if I'm just letting my foot off the gas to stop.

I drive Sport / Manual most of the time now lol I used to do Normal / Auto, but I can't help but be aggressive in this car lol

@sinestra, are you a member of ClubRalliart yet? if not you should sign up. theres a thread that explains that theres currently an update for the ECU only available in europe atm for S-sport mode for the RA. When i get some free time i'll probably head over to my local dealer and ask about it.

i see there was some confusion about Normal/Sport and Auto/Manual. Anyway the advice going around CR is that its better for the transmission to drive in Sport/Manual. The reasoning is that our trannies dont like heat and while driving in Normal, the shifts are slower which means more friction for a smoother shift and more heat. But while in Sport, the shifts are more harsh but will produce less heat since the clutches are making contact for a shorter amount of time.

Thanks guys yeah i just want to drive the car in the best fashion to keep heat down and put less stress on the tranny. Sometimes i want to be lazy and not have to worry about shifting.

I am not on CR yet i will make a profile tonight or tomorrow so i can follow whats going on in the RA community. I had been hearing about that update i want to know more about it. WIll it be better for our tranny's if we get this update. I know that we will get S-Sport mode if we do get the upgrade.

Ralliartist what RPM do you usually shift at? I notice sometime the RPM needle will bounce when it gets to 4000RPM

Thanks guys yeah i just want to drive the car in the best fashion to keep heat down and put less stress on the tranny. Sometimes i want to be lazy and not have to worry about shifting.

I am not on CR yet i will make a profile tonight or tomorrow so i can follow whats going on in the RA community. I had been hearing about that update i want to know more about it. WIll it be better for our tranny's if we get this update. I know that we will get S-Sport mode if we do get the upgrade.

Ralliartist what RPM do you usually shift at? I notice sometime the RPM needle will bounce when it gets to 4000RPM

i usually dont pay attention to the rpm's. i just go by the exhaust note. i wanna say its somewhere between 3-4k.

i usually dont pay attention to the rpm's. i just go by the exhaust note. i wanna say its somewhere between 3-4k.

I cant wait to get my exhaust the car seems so quiet lol. I am installing UICP today and my Cosworth drop in should be here Friday and maybe i will black out the chrome today too if it doesnt rain

Get an intake on her ASAP and then you can finally hear that turbo until you get an exhaust!

Did my first official mods on the RA yesterday much more to come

Tinted rear reflectors and partial debage

picture009ne.jpg

picture008vz.jpg

picture007hf.jpg

picture005wb.jpg

Injen UICP

picture017znb.jpg

picture015nm.jpg

picture014ah.jpg

picture012ry.jpg

Chrome black out using Camo matte black paint

picture021rq.jpg

picture018oh.jpg

Side markers tinted

picture016kb.jpg

picture020ao.jpg

picture019wq.jpg

Perrine shorty

picture011jcy.jpg

Damn, already man. I like.

Getting some stuff done now! Cant wait to see more mods that are coming for it

Looking good!! I might have to get some of that camo matte black paint. :) Can't wait to see the rest of what you have coming! :D

Get stuff man..get that beast on the ground;D

Nice, I think I may have to black out the rear markers... They just pop out? or you taped that jawn?

Keep it coming Shaun.