rotorglowgts

Good Idea, Bad Idea, Or Terrible Idea? (Thinking Of Working A Deal For This Evo Viii)

17 posts in this topic

I found this the other day on my local craigslist postings. I have talked to the dealer a little and feel like I might be able to work a pretty good deal out. They are an exotic car dealer and I'm sure they don't want this riced out lookin evo on there lot very long. It has a rebuilt title so I'm sure I can get it much cheaper than the listing, it has only 28k miles on it, but it's been tuned and is running 21psi. On top of that you never really know what else has been messed with. I would need to change the front bumper and hood cause these ones are hideous, and I'd probably get it re-tuned cause it would be my daily driver and don't really feel safe with 21psi. I really like the IX MR Interior though. I've always dreamed of a Rally Red Evo VIII/IX and just want to make sure I go about it the right way. This car was for sale by an owner for $13k but the dealer got to it before me so now they are putting $17,950 on it. My current Lancer GTS is valued at kbb for $16500. Should I try and work a trade in or should I stay as far away from this car as possible?

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/ctd/3167022850.html

"Up for sale is a 2005 Mitsubishi EVOLUTION VIII that is excellent condition. This is the Rally Sport Edition and only has 28k miles! Equipped with the MR EVO 9 Interior and tasteful modifications. This car is VERY fast. It is mechanically perfect and is extremely fun to drive. This car has a Rebuilt Title due to being stolen. It had the interior as well as hood and bumper stripped, otherwise no damage when it was recovered. Why is this potentially a great thing? Well instead of the plain RS Interior, you have a VERY comfortable and awesome looking / Expensive EVO IX MR Interior. You also have a fantastic looking and stylish front end! Not only this, but you can get the car at a fraction of what it should cost you with all these great updates. It has new tires, new rotors, new brakes. I don't know the full extent of the upgrades, but it certainly has a full exhaust, intake, tuned at 21psi of boost, and more! All this with the super low miles makes a fantastic car at a STEAL of a price.

Offered by Premium and Exotic Wholesale, www.premiumandexotic.com

Call or text Dan at (812)325-0701"

bf544323.jpg

0c49b239.jpg

cbfe9a20.jpg

a1b801dd.jpg

e3246fb2.jpg

2316f484.jpg

a601f904.jpg

6ccf0255.jpg

fefcd3a7.jpg

0edf1f7d.jpg

Sounds like a good deal to me, id go for it especially since low miles, didn't have enough time to run the crap out of it

personally I like the hood and bumper though

Sent from your moms phone using Tapatalk

Yeah they aren't the worst I've seen by far. I'm just more of an oem kinda guy. I'd want to make it look like an Evo Vii if I bought it anyway so even if it had the normal front bumper and hood, I'd be changing them. I'm not going to tell the dealer that though haha.

Lol you could always use that against him saying well its not necessarily the bumper I wanted and see if you can get the price dropped, but overall it sounds like a great opportunity to get some power under the hood id go for it if its some thing you can do and have the means, might as well

Sent from your moms phone using Tapatalk

aside from the bumper, hood, and the tail light, that evo looks pretty clean. good luck and hope you can get it for a great deal!

Thanks guys, I talked to the main guy at the dealership for a little bit today but more just talked about the state of the car instead of pricing or anything. It's 1 1/2 hours south from my house so I don't know where I'd take it to have it inspected. I only know where reputable shops are around my city. I'll do some research and see how things go though. I'll definitely keep all of you updated.

i wouldnt buy any car without a clean title. thats a rebuilt title after stating the car was once stolen. who knows what happened to the car while then. also a car they claim is very fast and tastefully modded? do they know which mods it has and what power it is actually producing? most likely not. also with mods like that, when things go bad you are SOL because the car is not warrantied and you bought it at a used car dealership where they will give you some rocks to kick if you bring a car back to them that breaks down. good luck if you decide to purchase.

ik, that's the part I keep coming back to. I don'tcare about resale value caust i'd want to keep it for a long time. i just am worried about the mechanical state of the car

if you really want this car get it checked out by somebody that knows what their looking at and get them to test drive it , but again like quick said with the moddified cars if they weren't moddified properly and it was stolen who knows what has been done to that car

that's what i'm thinking of doing. I just don't know anyone around me or that area that know Evo's. I don't know anybody that owns an Evo for that matter. It's 1 1/2 hours away from my house, should I locate a mitsu dealer in the area to inspect it?

naw they'll BS you i would talk around with actually evo owners that own that year and actually know MODS and see exactly what they think

alright, cool

im 99% positive this isnt the only evo for sale in the area. look for a better deal please. unless you know the 4g63 in and out enough to tear apart the motor and work on it, i would not buy this. normally the only reason people buy salvaged or rebuilt cars is to trash the motor and rebuild it since its cheaper in their case. looks like that is not the case in this situation. no offense bro

The only other local evo VIII/IX has 113k miles on it, and is the same price. I'm still debating everything with this car. With 28k miles, i can't imagine that the engine is anywhere near needing rebuilt. Like i said, i'm definitely gonna think about it and have it inspected by some mechanics if i decide to go for it

Thanks for all the info an help, everyone! I've decided to put off buying an Evo for a little while and save up some more money. If this thing is still for sale in 6-8 months and a whole heck of a lot cheaper I may look into it but right now I'm just gonna hold off

tuned for 21lbs of boost and still a stock exhaust manifold? stock ucip i believe and also intake? Yea i dont think that thing is tuned for that boost.

I had sent the dealer an email saying that I'm not going to pursue this car mainly for the fact that it's only worth $13,500. I just got an email back today saying that they dropped the price $1k haha. I have the feeling they'll be dropping it for a while until someone goes to actually buy this car haha