Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cemal20

Front Brakes Gone, Causing Vibration

31 posts in this topic

Okay guys, I don't no how this is possible but as some of you already know my 2012 lancer se automatic started to vibrate at 1500km. Took into the dealer they said it was fine, this usally happens after 20mins of driving and not all the time. So at 5500km I re-took my car into the dealer and they told me

I have to replace my front brakes. How can front brakes be completely done at 5500km, is something wrong with the brake system? Thanks!

Okay guys, I don't no how this is possible but as some of you already know my 2012 lancer se automatic started to vibrate at 1500km. Took into the dealer they said it was fine, this usally happens after 20mins of driving and not all the time. So at 5500km I re-took my car into the dealer and they told me

I have to replace my front brakes. How can front brakes be completely done at 5500km, is something wrong with the brake system? Thanks!

Did they specify what was wrong with the brakes? Was it the pads, the rotors, the lines? Any details?

They said the pads are gone blue, and its from hard braking, put I'm pretty I hardly brake hard.

I find it VERY difficult for ANYONE to brake that much.

Is it vibrating while driving at a certain speed or just braking?

That's what I said to, it's really hard for the brakes to be fully gone at 5500.

And it's always when I brake. Once I leave the brakes it stops.

maybe at some point you drove with your parking break up or something.

No I never did. And. I'm the only driver on my car. Thanks

Shouldn't your warranty cover your front brakes though?

Good point. I'll check into that more. Not sure it will cover it. Do you know where I could find this information from? Thanks

Shouldn't your warranty cover your front brakes though?

Brakes pads are considered consumable parts, which is not covered under warranty. However, if the braking system is somehow defective, then yes it should.

5500? they should not be gone, check them yourself.

mine have 7k miles with probably 3k of canyons and theyre still alive, only thing that ive done is warp my front rotors coming to a complete stop from 80 on the freeway avoiding an accident.... and theyre still alive

actually that might be the problem, warped/bent rotor(s)

That's what I said to, it's really hard for the brakes to be fully gone at 5500.

And it's always when I brake. Once I leave the brakes it stops.

if the steering wheel shakes when you break this means that you need new brake disks

5500? they should not be gone, check them yourself.

mine have 7k miles with probably 3k of canyons and theyre still alive, only thing that ive done is warp my front rotors coming to a complete stop from 80 on the freeway avoiding an accident.... and theyre still alive

actually that might be the problem, warped/bent rotor(s)

The dealer showed it to me, it has blue dust on it, which he said that indicates its gone. To me it seems fine, doesn't really seem like the brakes are done.

if the steering wheel shakes when you break this means that you need new brake disks

Yea the steering wheel does shake when I break.

maybe at some point you drove with your parking break up or something.

Parking brake doesn't engage the front brakes, only the rears.

And I have never heard of pads turning blue to determine wear... you can't see than on a normal break inspection, that is why they have a little metal clip that causes a whine when they need to be replaced, and even then that happens before you get any sort of shaking.

Thing is I have had cheap semi-metallics wear out in just over a year before. One question i have... is there a lot of brake dust on your rims?

But even then the OEM semi-metallics should last at least 30K miles. This is why I don't go to the dealer, especially for replacement of things that part of regular wear and tear (tires. brakes, oil change, radiator flush, brake flush etc.).

Yes! My front rims have so muh brake dust. I have to clean it every other day

I think your rotors are bent or warped. Or maybe need to get them resurfaced/replaced.

Idk if that would be covered under warranty or not

I think your rotors are bent or warped. Or maybe need to get them resurfaced/replaced.

Idk if that would be covered under warranty or not

Currently at the dealer. Your right my rotor are warped both fronts. The dealer wanted 750$ to replace and labour cost.

Any one on here know any sites I can buy performance brake kits!!! Thanks guys

Currently at the dealer. Your right my rotor are warped both fronts. The dealer wanted 750$ to replace and labour cost.

Any one on here know any sites I can buy performance brake kits!!! Thanks guys

we have performance rotors and pads here at road race motorsports.

check us out or give us a call and we will get them for you.

I have same prob I go bout 76mph to 80 and step on brake a little and steering wheel shakes. I might just need pads because I don't know when the pads on my car have been changed. I got it at 21k and I'm at 29.5k I don't know if I should just buy pad air go with buying rrm slotted front brakes

dam i drive at 70 mph daily and i do notice it shakes when i press the brakes guess its time for drill slotted rotors then

I have aftermarket rotors and pads and mine still shakes at those speeds when applying the brakes. I have 22k on mine and it's been happening for a few months now. Honestly, in my $0.02, I just believe it could just be the caliper not being high performance like Brembo. Just my guess at the problem I have, though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

If the steering wheel shakes when you use your front brake, then your rotors are gone, had this on my civic and all I did was got new rotors and brake pads. Easy to chage up, both sides should not take you more than an hour including some cussing and a beer brake or two. At the same time check your calipers just to make sure the piston moves freely.

If the steering wheel shakes when you use your front brake, then your rotors are gone, had this on my civic and all I did was got new rotors and brake pads. Easy to chage up, both sides should not take you more than an hour including some cussing and a beer brake or two. At the same time check your calipers just to make sure the piston moves freely.

This happened to me with my OEM rotors and Mitsubishi wouldn't replace them. Got aftermarket rotors and I still had the bad shake. I know for a proven fact with a rotor switch out that it's not the rotors for me. What else could it be?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2