Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bsmstar

Installing Asc Off Button

17 posts in this topic

hi guys

so, my lancer 2010 is not a US specs car, so i have ASC but i dont have ASC off

so i bought one from a wrecked evo owner

anyhow, i tried it and it works (it clearly says on the screen now ASC OFF)

the problem is that i dunno how to remove the dummy (the middle one in 3 dummies to the left of steering wheel) to put my new button

can you help me?

anyone who has installed OEM HID should know how if he installed the levelling switch..

please?? im stuck!

i think they just push through from the back side.

i think they just push through from the back side.

okay, i did try that first time, but not with much force. though it didnt work :( any other ideas?

maybe the other way around, i pushed one out once before, but i forget :o

There's small clip tabs on the top and bottom of the blanks. These need to be pressed inward to release them, they come out through the back. I used a knife to help pry the tab, as they're fairly stiff.

yes my friend, i thought of that too, but when i tried it they were very stiff, so i thought maybe it wil break and i stopped myself immediately.. anyway, will try it again :)and tell u if it works, thanks

UPDATE: done! thanks everyone, here is after :)

yeah and the tab is only on the tob of the dummy ;)

On mine there were two, funny hey? haha

Now all you need is the headlight level and the foglight switches ;)

i have spyder HID so no headlight switch, and i have the fog switch with the lights so i dont need that :P

anyway, just a question, my ASC-OFF doesnt light up like every other switch in the car, i mean in the night, when i switch on the lights, every other thing has red led behind it except this ASC. is that normal?

You'd have to take the case off and see if there's an small lamp behind the button. There should be. Although both my ASC style switches look different than that one.

oh, and how do i do that?

how does your ASC look like? i know there is 1 like mine and the other has the sign of a car skidding.. any other?

UPDATE: done! thanks everyone, here is after :)

yeah and the tab is only on the tob of the dummy ;)

Where did you get that switch from ?

p1000455qx.jpg

Mine are pictured above. The Car Skidding with "OFF" on it is a factory canadian switch, the double switch with "ASC OFF" on it came from an 2011 Eclipse Spyder. You can get factory Mitsubishi switches from www.oemmitsubishiparts.com They're not cheap, but they're the cheapest I could find, unless you find them private used. I broke down and bought 2 :lol:

As for how to open the case, it's easy, but hard to explain without seeing it, if you know what I mean. There's for tabs around the edge of the case, you should be able to push 2 in on one side, and then lift/pry the case off. If there's no lamp in there, it wouldn't be that hard to install an LED with a resistor on it to match up to voltage, and just wire it into the factory ASC plug power pins so you can still dim it, ect.

well, 2nd switch u posted isnt a lancer switch, its a combo bcuz u dont have oem fogs. i got mine from a wreck evo on ebay. bought it for 17.8 $ anyway, if i can get myself a canadian one it looks better sure, but i couldnt.. and this one i got is in all 2010+ lancers, see any video on youtube, or ask anyone and they will confirm

I know ;)

...the double switch with "ASC OFF" on it came from an 2011 Eclipse Spyder...

I do have OEM Fogs, it's just they have the switch on the control stalk. Where I wanted to have complete control of my Fogs, I needed to add a switch, OEM Eclipse one was the perfect answer. I didn't realize it was a double until it arrived, but no big deal, it allows me to add an accessory switch at a later time if I need it. The middle switch was OEM in my 2011 GT, but again, it's Canadian.

If you do decide to light up the switch and need some help, let me know, I'll try to explain it the best I can from when I had the switch cracked open. The Eclipse one had blue lighting, so I had to open it up to remove the blue rubber that was on the lamp, and replace it with some transparent red tape. Matches the stock lighting perfect.

thanks.. well actually, some guy promised me an OEM switch in a month, and im busy painting my RA bumper so i think i will postpone the ASC thingy now.. also, im getting an OEM wing :D

thanks.. well actually, some guy promised me an OEM switch in a month, and im busy painting my RA bumper so i think i will postpone the ASC thingy now.. also, im getting an OEM wing

OEM Evo wing, or just the base spoiler?

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2