RALLInspired

Lancer Tuning Pricing And Process: N/a (Naturally Aspirated) Updated 01/2016

48 posts in this topic

Hello all!

At the current moment i have access to most 2002-2015 Lancers. What does this mean for you? It means we can access and modify your ECU and optimize the software for things such as increased power, torque, and fuel economy. It also allows detailed diagnosis of mechanical, electrical, and engine management related issues. I take pride in offering advanced tuning options that other tuners do not have access to or do not offer.

Important links, info, and comparison to our competitors.

My tunes compared to Works flashes/"tunes".

OBD related patches.

Throttle Patches replacing the need for "sprint boosters".

Hardware (tactrix) rentals offered.

Pricing - 

RALLInspired OTS flash: $200

This is one of my OTS (off the shelf tunes)/ base map. This is a quick and simple process if i have a definition for your ECU.  I will flash your ECU with a map for your mods based on data i've collected from other vehicles.  This is NOT a custom tune and there is no additional support.  If you car requires custom tuning due to issues then there would be an upcharge to a custom tune of your choice between a road tune or dyno tune.  Please create a ticket on my site to arrange a date and time: http://rallinspired.supportsystem.com/index.php

CUSTOM ROAD TUNING $300:

It generally takes me 2-4 hours to finalize a tune.  This is a custom in person tune for your vehicle with data logs being collected on the road.

Please fill out a "dyno tune" form so that i can gather required information needed for your new calibration and we will contact you to schedule a date and time: http://rallinspired.supportsystem.com/index.php

CUSTOM DYNO TUNING $400:

It generally takes me 2-4 hours to finalize a tune.  This is a custom in person tune for your vehicle with data logs being collected on the via our in house dynamometer.

Please fill out a dyno tune and we will contact you to schedule a date and time: http://rallinspired.supportsystem.com/index.php

E-MAIL / REMOTE TUNING: $299 + Open Port rental (additional fees apply) if needed: (Hardware [tactrix] rentals available. includes USB drive with software and step by step guide. Deposit required. Contact me for details)

Due to an overwhelming work load, support is offered but limited. Our services include a base file and 3 additional modified ROMs based on data and logs. This only applies for the modifications the base file was intended for. Changing of modifications constitutes a retune and the associated fee for the retune service.

A simple guide to E-tuning LANCERS is as follows: You would rent an open port cable from me or buy one on your own and install software needed to read your stock Calibration file off the ECU. You will only need to READ the ECU once if everything goes smoothly.  You would also take data logs of the car using the EvoScan software so that i can see how the car is currently running on the OEM calibration, and so that i can calculate your horsepower and torque using virtual dyno software. Data logging is simply recording what your ECU is "seeing" and what the car is doing at any given moment. I have certain things i need you to log in certain ways. Next, you send me that information and collection of data, I look at it and make adjustments to your ECU image.  Once I'm done,  I will send you a few files back including your new tune calibration file itself. You will then install the additional files i sent you that are needed to flash the tune with the cable and software used to read the ECU cal file, flash the ECU, take more logs, and send me that new data. We repeat this process until done.  

Detailed guide to Email/Remote Tuning:

IF you ARE RENTING A CABLE:

1. FILL OUT THIS FORM WHEN YOU ARE READY TO BEGIN THE TUNING PROCESS: http://rallinspired.supportsystem.com/index.php.

For those of you who wish to purchase the hardware instead of renting it from me:

1. FILL OUT THIS FORM WHEN YOU ARE READY TO BEGIN THE TUNING PROCESS: http://rallinspired.supportsystem.com/index.php

2. Tactrix 2.0 cable: This allows you to read/write to the ecu as well as log it. For 2008+ CZ4A based lancers you do not need any additional connectors.
http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=17&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

3. EcuFlash software: This is the FREE OPEN SOURCE software i use to read/write/edit your ROM. IF you do not have the required definitions you may not be able to actually "See" your ROM but you can pull it off your ECU. You would send me the ROM and i will send you one back with modifications.
http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=36&Itemid=57

4. EvoScan Logging software: This is the preferred logger of choice for most tuners when it comes to Mitsubishi. Its $25. You will need to buy this as well and i will need to talk you through what parameters you need to log and send to me.
http://www.evoscan.com/evoscan-gps-obdii-cables/details/4/1/performance-vehicle-pc-diagnostic-interfaces/mitsubishi/subaru/obdii/can-evoscan-software

5. Wideband: As i said i do things the correct way. Most LANCERS are NOT turbo charged and so a wideband is the only additional external sensor you will need to buy. FOR BASIC APPLICATIONS A WIDEBAND IS RECOMMENED BUT NOT NEEDED. If you had a turbo you would be required to buy an upgraded MAP sensor to allow you to log boost. The Innovate LC-1 is what i would recommend for most of you as it is a "permanent" install. I use another one made by the same company that i can use from one car to the next. You do not "need" to buy the gauge to be able to log your AFRs. Will it be useful to you and look cute sure... but from my end its not needed to tune your car.

http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=28&Itemid=53

E-MAIL / REMOTE TUNING SUPPORT SERVICES/HELP: $25/hour (1 hour minimum charge)

Remote support is available and offered at our discretion and for a moderate fee. This includes installation and setup of software, drivers, XML definitions, flashing, tuning, logging, or anything else you may not feel comfortable doing on your own. Please let us know if you are in need of this service ahead of time so we can plan accordingly.

ECU MAIL-IN: $299 including shipping (Similar to my OTS in person mappings)

We've collect enough data from the vehicles we've tuned world wide to offer an ECU mail in option. The is the least expensive and most convenient way to pull out some extra horsepower, torque, gas mileage, and response from the vehicle. No need for purchasing any hardware or software. Simply contact us to make arrangements. Send us detailed information such and year, make, model and a list of mods. Mail us your ECU via carrier of your choice. We will confirm when the ECU has been received, update you when the flash is complete, and mail it back to you. Pricing for this matches the the e-tune option and we will pay for return shipping. This does not includes any changes or updates with the pricing. We can and will offer additional support at an additional cost. Contact us for details. For inquiries, questions, of to begin the process please create a ticket here: http://rallinspired.supportsystem.com/index.php

--

Before you even begin buying anything contact us. We need to know what exact year and model car you have so i can see if i might have those definitions. If i do have something close on file we should be "ok" to proceed. There is also cartain things to must agree to before we begin.

The best way to reach me is by text or email.

Email:rick@roadraceengineering.com
AIM:RALLInspired@gmail.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/RALLInspired
Myspace: www.myspace.com/RALLInspired
Youtube: www.youtube.com/RALLInspired
Socalevo profile name: Rick@RALLInspired, RALLInspired, RALLInspired_
Socalsubies.com:RALLInspired
NASIOC:RALLInspired
Evolutionm.net:RALLInspired
EvoXforums:RALLInspired
ClubRalliart.com:RALLInspired
EvoEmpire:RALLInspired
highboostforum.com:RALLInspired
Calilancers.com:RALLInspired
9Glancers.com:RALLInspired
SCLC.com:RALLInspired
ALL other forum profiles: RALLInspired

Phone number:

562-802-4556

Please be patient as this is a one man operation.

Thank You,
Rick B.

Edited by RALLInspired
updates

FAQ

What is your refund policy?

Quality guarantee: If you are not happy with the tune you will owe me nothing and I will flash the car back the way it was before you came. However, for the sake of protecting myself and my work the moment you leave i will not refund the money. If tuning related issues come up i will fix the problem FREE if it was my error. Do NOT go changing parts on me or you will owe me the retune/labor rate(s). I do not BS you; please don't try to BS me. Payment is only taken afterwards unless you wish to use paypal.

What is your availability?

We tune all day everyday. We do try to maintain basic operating hours from 8am - 6pm. Because I am freelance, I do my best to accommodate your schedule. Please understand that because i do this i would LIKE to have things scheduled in advance. I can often times squeeze people in and tuning until 5-6 am is not uncommon for me. I am however, a full time father and student in college so please take this into consideration.

Do you do mechanical work?
I personally do not consider myself to be any sort of mechanic or tech, but Robert Garcia and our pending team offer services from basic maintenance to full fledged track support and builds.

IS a dyno really needed?
Dyno tuning is preferred. For most basic bolt ons and stock framed turbos a dyno is not essential in my opinion. It does allow me to better control the environment and is more convenient and MUCH safer than road tuning pulls, but again the cost of rental does not always yield better results. For higher powered vehicles a dyno IS A MUST.

What is Etuning?

E tuning is tuning done remotely, usually e over email. I won't be there in person tuning your car in person. If you read the FAQ you should be somewhat familiar with what's involved. Hardware, software, reading and writing to the ECU, and datalogging.

What's better, dyno tuning, street tuning, etuning?

This question is somewhat answered by the question above this one , "is a dyno really needed" and "what is e-tuning?" All of my tunes are based on data taken from your car and all of the experience and knowledge i have from all the other cars i've tuned in the past. In person tuning is usually a "better" option because i can control things as well as see, hear, and feel how the car is performing. That's not to say e-tuning is less superior as tuning is more about the tuner rather than the method. I gaurantee my base flashes and E-tunes are better than 99.999999% of other lancer "tunes" and "tuners". Most of my custom changes to your tune are based on the datalogs you've taken during a tuning session so as long i get good data, then there shouldn't be an issue. I E-tune many different vehicles (Mitsubishi Evo/RA, Nissan GTR, Subaru, Mazda, BMW, etc) from around the world without issue. Just make you are paying attention and are using common sense as well as following instructions provided.

Will tuning void my warranty?
In a nut shell, YES. Then again so does any type of unapproved modification. The COBB APs are capable of keeping the "reflash counter" in the ECUs intact however this does not guarantee anything at anytime. When it comes to improving a cars performance or fixing ECU related issues there are many factors and unfortunately when it comes to engines and going faster we all have to pay to play. If you are afraid of voiding your warranty don't mod or tune it. Enjoy theses cars for what they are from the factory; if that's not enough, then i will be here. IF for any reason you need me to flash the car back to stock i make back-up copies of everything and this is free of charge.

Do you offer email, internet, or mail-in flashes?
Yes. However, i always do things the correct way. what does this mean for you? It means that you will spend a little more money on on the flash than you would from someone else or on equipment to make sure i get the most i can out of your car. The required hardware and process are a little different depending on how you plan to flash the car. I also offer generic/ OTS (off the shelf) simliar to what our competitors offer but they include every patch we've completed to date.

What maintenance should i do before and after a tune?
1. spark plugs: Make sure your spark plugs are in good condition and that the heat range and GAPs are even and correct for your application. Make sure you keep notes for maintenance after a tune as changing spark plugs can and will throw your tune off.
2. boost/vacuum leaks: tighten all clamps and zip tie as many hoses are you can. A boost leak test is preferred before hand. If your car was tuned with a leak and you fix it the car will run differently.
3. Exhaust leaks: make sure there are ZERO leaks before the turbo and immediately after the hotside. 90% of cars have some sort of leak in the exhaust piping. This is not a HUGE deal as long as exhaust is not pouring out and kept to a minimum.
4. Clean MAF: make sure your MAF is clean. Go out and buy a can at autozone. Again make sure this is done before hand and kept up.
5. Tire pressure/alignments. Tuning on a dyno or road can be thrown off if tire pressure and wheel alignments are off. This will not cause the tune to "change" but it will skew some of my data.
6. Other basic maintenance. Remember the wear on your car. The better the car is maintained the more i can pull out of it and the longer it will last you... that simple.
7 Logging: no one knows your car better than you. If you feel something is off or has changed contact me to schedule a logging session before or after a tune. Basic logs are free and i do this as a courtesy to EVERYONE. Even "check-ups" several times a year to make sure everything is as it should be is recommended. Logging will help me help you. Parts break, wear out, come loose, etc.

What mods do i NEED or do YOU RECOMMEND before a tune?
None. Even in 100% stock for ALL cars have something to gain through tuning. That being said, you will see higher gains with the RIGHT mods. As far as power is concerned, you need to work on flow mods; the more air you can flow and the more efficiently you can do it, the more power and torque you will make. Exhaust is always the best place to start and in terms of physics a pipe is a pipe (for the most part). As long as you pick a "quality" exhaust, meaning nice welds and no tapers or pinches, i could care less if you buy an ebay or $10,000 titanium JDM exhaust. 2.25" exhaust piping and a HIGH FLOW CAT (NOT A CAT DELETE) will cover 99% of the N/A applications out there. After that comes intake. Try to pick an intake that increases flow and keeps air temps low (heat shield or CAI). The biggest piece of advice i can give you is to try to come up with a goal and then plan a budget around it. People always want to think beyond their means or think that spending crap loads of money will make them happy. Is it worth $600 to gain 2whp or $100 to gain 5whp or $1600 to gain 50whp? That's up to you as everyone's views and opinions are different. I am the type of person that loves making the most with as little as possible and it doesn't take much for ME to be happy or content. Start out smaller and work your way up. Don't let the INTERNET build your car. If you're not sure of what you want ask people to take you for a ride in their cars or if you can drive it. You'd be surprised how happy you can/will be with so little and TUNING is the key to extracting the most out of every cars potential no matter what the mods are. The biggest mod you can invest in the the DRIVER MOD and then everything else.

Edited by RALLInspired

Many inquiries and several e-tunes already sent out. Thanks for the support everyone. Lets make some power!

Rick

Welcome! This is an amazing write-up. I can really appreciate your attention to detail in your line of work, and when I do get into the "modding groove", I'll most certainly be in contact!

Welcome! This is an amazing write-up. I can really appreciate your attention to detail in your line of work, and when I do get into the "modding groove", I'll most certainly be in contact!

Sounds good!

Ralli do you have the definition for a 2012 gt, manual transmission 2.4l engine

I should. Email me your ROM. RALLInspired@gmail.com

Rick

Will do soon as my cable comes in.

Will do soon as my cable comes in.

Get the tune, Ricks the man.

BTW Rick, we need to flash the Lancer back to stock when you get a chance.

Get the tune, Ricks the man.

BTW Rick, we need to flash the Lancer back to stock when you get a chance.

When do you want to drop by? Sent me a text.

Rick B

Had a question about your tune. I sent you a email about 3-4 months ago about tuning my car but I'm in Chicago. Well I'm ready but i have a small problem. All of my computers are Mac and Evoscan is Windows (PC) based. I've downloaded Ecuflash and I'm about to buy the Tactrix 2.0 cable but do I really need Evoscan if you have a definition for my car already. It's a 2009 GTS CVT.

Had a question about your tune. I sent you a email about 3-4 months ago about tuning my car but I'm in Chicago. Well I'm ready but i have a small problem. All of my computers are Mac and Evoscan is Windows (PC) based. I've downloaded Ecuflash and I'm about to buy the Tactrix 2.0 cable but do I really need Evoscan if you have a definition for my car already. It's a 2009 GTS CVT.

Evoscan is for datalogging and it will let us know how the car is running. Is it 100% needed to flash the car? No. Is it recommend? Yes. Do any of your macs have boot camp? You can always do that or run a VM if you're tech savvy enough.

Rick B.

Edited by RALLInspired

i know having a wideband is very important to monitor the AFR. but if i could provide evoscan data alone would that be enough to get a proper safe tune. i just have bolt ons. exhaust, header, Throttle body, v2 pulley, ra snorkel and k&n drop in filter. what risk do i have getting a tune without a wideband?? thanks for your advice!

i know having a wideband is very important to monitor the AFR. but if i could provide evoscan data alone would that be enough to get a proper safe tune. i just have bolt ons. exhaust, header, Throttle body, v2 pulley, ra snorkel and k&n drop in filter. what risk do i have getting a tune without a wideband?? thanks for your advice!

I have a lot data from most major intake systems for these cars. My tunes actually change the AFRs unlike some of the other flashes i've seen being sold. The worst case scenario is that the car will run lean which may lead to knock and potential damage to the motor. Is a wideband needed? Again the answer is no, but only if i have sufficient data from cars i have tuned in person or from those that have sent me AFR data from dynos or wideband logs. With the mods you listed, specifically, i can confidently say you SHOULD be ok to go without a wideband.

Rick B.

I have a injen cai and 4g69 throttle body. I am going to be getting a tune later. Is the a/f ratio is running too lean right now? Thanks.

I have a injen cai and 4g69 throttle body. I am going to be getting a tune later. Is the a/f ratio is running too lean right now? Thanks.

Too lean? No. A little yes. but that's the point.

Rick

I sent you an e-mail in regards to road tuning, since I've basically given up on RPW. They believe that EvoScan data is useless and all my data needs to come from a dyno. *sigh*

I sent you an e-mail in regards to road tuning, since I've basically given up on RPW. They believe that EvoScan data is useless and all my data needs to come from a dyno. *sigh*

Emails replied to.

bump. We now have exclusive access to patching lancer ROM for turbo applications. It's quite amazing how uninformed people are about ECU ROMS and compatibility.

Great Succuess! Congrats on your findings I know this is huge in the na to turbo world!

Great Succuess! Congrats on your findings I know this is huge in the na to turbo world!

I'm following that "eromaes's GTS turbo build" thread on 9G lancers. Some people really just don't know what they're talking about. Can someone link to this thread on there for me?

eromaes - linked this to his build thread. I have been following that build too. pretty interesting to say the least.

Subscribed!

Limited time 10% discount on all e-tunes!!! Email us if interested!

bump bump. Special PROMO end's Tuesday!