CruiseControl

Dash Trim - 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber Vinyl Is Actually Pretty Nice (Imo)

30 posts in this topic

Decided to try out the 3M DI-NOC stuff I've been hearing about. Not too shabby. Install was easy with a heat gun.

FDF6EFA3-ACB1-4DB5-BDCC-5798DA659F01-999

BB9E5E07-9F6D-41F6-A4C9-A4B108DD4AA1-999

182D7BE1-6655-48D1-860F-4E2E2517F69E-999

2E55EF85-8682-499E-874B-1D22213E019A-999

Wow that looks great! How much did it run you?

I like it man. Mine's wrapped in silver Di-noc.

I did the exact same thing. I had a hook up for my vinyl so I only paid $30 for a 4'x5' roll

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I think all of mine was like 50 bucks. Had a tiny bit left after all that.

Looks clean and sharp man! you have a link to where you bought it?

Looks clean and sharp man! you have a link to where you bought it?

you can get from metrorestyling.com, thats where i got my red CF from (use metroflyer10 for 10% off). I recommend buying their CF vinyl. its cheaper than 3M exact same quality IMO and comes in more colors. with 3M you;re basically paying more just for the name.

I saw some RVinyl in person and it looks exactly like my 3M stuff, and it's cheaper. You can get the same amount I had for 20 bucks. 48"x12" - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CA3DLN8/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for that. Ill have to put that at the top of my list. Did you remove the trim? Or what guide did you use? If you don't mind. :)

Thanks for that. Ill have to put that at the top of my list. Did you remove the trim? Or what guide did you use? If you don't mind. :)

I removed the dash trim, but the door trim I was able to install with it still on the door panel. I didn't use a guide, but if you get a heat gun (or hair dryer) and go slow, heat and stretch where needed, then trim it up with an exacto knife or razor of some kind, you'll be fine. Just go slow. There are probably some guides out there if you look.

Good luck man!

good job it looks like my old set up. You are going to want to watch the vinyl in the hot sun it tends to shrink in the sun and expand when it gets cooler and it can pull itself out of the areas where you tucked them. Additional triming may be nesscary

I removed the dash trim, but the door trim I was able to install with it still on the door panel. I didn't use a guide, but if you get a heat gun (or hair dryer) and go slow, heat and stretch where needed, then trim it up with an exacto knife or razor of some kind, you'll be fine. Just go slow. There are probably some guides out there if you look.

Good luck man!

good job it looks like my old set up. You are going to want to watch the vinyl in the hot sun it tends to shrink in the sun and expand when it gets cooler and it can pull itself out of the areas where you tucked them. Additional triming may be nesscary

Ima give that revinyl link a try. I'm pretty handy with a heat gun so ill let ya know how it goes. Gotta wait til the end of the month tho... Paycheck and all hah

Plasti-Dip even worth using on the trim? Not sure if it would be durable on the interior with people bumping it and such. I know it lasted nice on my wheels.

Could you do the whole dash like this if you wanted . will it stick?

my trim is so scratched up from my hockey sticks sitting in the car. Def gonna invest and do this!

Nice. I did the same thing and love it! Massively better than the silver trim (and matches my cf wrapped a-pillars). I still want to wrap my steering wheel controls but I've been incredibly lazy.

From the summer heat and winter cold, some of the vinyl has started to come loose, but just need to take the trim off and heat the vinyl and tuck it back in ... but again, so lazy!!

I have it on my trim as well. Only thing that is still silver is the diamond and the bezel rings. Looks really clean and a great product.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

i've done it in my car and i love it!

Your center trim is so smooth! When I did this it kinked out lol, but I'm to lazy to fix it :P

That looks really nice. I took care of my fake cf trim with some plastidip and the result came out ok IMO. Definitely not as good as this though.

I've done this before but I couldn't get the corner on the small dash trim piece by the drivers door to go smooth like that. I took my time with a blow dryer but I couldn't get it like that. HOW?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I do this what all do tools do I need?

If I do this what all do tools do I need?

heat gun or hair dryer

and the vinyl of course

and if you wish to use a felt tip squeegee

I don't use a squeegee for small areas like this

Nice. I did the same thing and love it! Massively better than the silver trim (and matches my cf wrapped a-pillars). I still want to wrap my steering wheel controls but I've been incredibly lazy.

From the summer heat and winter cold, some of the vinyl has started to come loose, but just need to take the trim off and heat the vinyl and tuck it back in ... but again, so lazy!!

I'd love to see pics of your a-pillars.