DENZZA

Turboing A 2010 Lancer Rx In Australia.

16 posts in this topic

Ive seen that a couple of you guys have turboed the NA lancer. And since no one has boosted the 2.0 lancer in australia. i thought it might.

Ive got a rough list here of the set up i need. I just want you guys to tell me what parts i need or dont need. And since all my internals are stock except the evo X cams. i cant run 8psi. Cause i want my car to run safe without it going BANG!

My Lancer is a Manual so non of this CVT stuff :P

So heres the list:

EVO X Manifold

Td05 Turbo (EVO X)

Dump and front pipe

EVO X Intercooler

Pipes

Injectors and pump, (EVO X)

Return line and fittings

Fuel reg

Oil cooler and lines.

Gauges

EVO X stock air box

Dyno and TUNE :)

Also is it true that we can use our existing ECU or is it recommended to get a new one ?

All the help that i can find would be helpful for this build :) Thanks guys!

IIRC Rolly turbo'ed his GTS. I'm sure he will chime in here to give advice.

Hey bud, I'm in the process of doing a turbo build on my 2.0 Lancer too. So from all the research I've done, I've learned that the fuel pump isn't necessary, and I've never heard of someone needing a new fuel regulator for this build. The stock fuel pump can hold up to the larger injectors. =You also should be able to run 8 PSI just fine, I'm going to be running closer to 10 with fully stock internal. And honestly, your cams lower the compression ratio of the engine so you can run higher boost than me.

On top of that list you will need:

A 3bar or 4bar map sensor. 3bar will work better for your boost levels. you can either get a stock Evo X one or OMNI sells one.

An aftermarket wastegate actuator that can run around 7 psi then a boost controller to raise it to 8PSI or whatever you want.

Probably going to need to relocate the battery to the trunk in order to fit the Evo X intake.

New spark plugs that are two steps colder than the Lancer stock ones.

Its necessary to get a Wideband O2 sensor and gauge, as well as a boost gauge. Oil temp is the third gauge I would suggest but optional. I'm not getting one.

I didn't see anything about a BOV in your list. You defintely need one of those, easiest thing to do is find a stock used one.

Also gonna need a custom exhaust set up from the downpipe back.

Lastly, make sure that whoever is doing you tune has tuned Evos or Ralliarts before and is familiar with a program called Evoscan. I'm going to be tuning my car on my own for the most part but its not suggested. And I would suggest buying a tactrix cable so you can figure out any problems if some arise down the road. Oh and the Evo X ecu isn't necessary. If you flash the Evo X rom onto our ECU it'll work just fine but you won't be able to remove all error codes until you put in the Evo ECU, but it won't hurt the car, just make the check engine light come on.

So if you want to really learn about this, I would suggest going to 9glancers. They have a wealth of info on how to turbo this car, but feel free to post here or PM me with further questions. Good Luck!!

Hey bud, I'm in the process of doing a turbo build on my 2.0 Lancer too. So from all the research I've done, I've learned that the fuel pump isn't necessary, and I've never heard of someone needing a new fuel regulator for this build. The stock fuel pump can hold up to the larger injectors. =You also should be able to run 8 PSI just fine, I'm going to be running closer to 10 with fully stock internal. And honestly, your cams lower the compression ratio of the engine so you can run higher boost than me.

On top of that list you will need:

A 3bar or 4bar map sensor. 3bar will work better for your boost levels. you can either get a stock Evo X one or OMNI sells one.

An aftermarket wastegate actuator that can run around 7 psi then a boost controller to raise it to 8PSI or whatever you want.

Probably going to need to relocate the battery to the trunk in order to fit the Evo X intake.

New spark plugs that are two steps colder than the Lancer stock ones.

Its necessary to get a Wideband O2 sensor and gauge, as well as a boost gauge. Oil temp is the third gauge I would suggest but optional. I'm not getting one.

I didn't see anything about a BOV in your list. You defintely need one of those, easiest thing to do is find a stock used one.

Also gonna need a custom exhaust set up from the downpipe back.

Lastly, make sure that whoever is doing you tune has tuned Evos or Ralliarts before and is familiar with a program called Evoscan. I'm going to be tuning my car on my own for the most part but its not suggested. And I would suggest buying a tactrix cable so you can figure out any problems if some arise down the road. Oh and the Evo X ecu isn't necessary. If you flash the Evo X rom onto our ECU it'll work just fine but you won't be able to remove all error codes until you put in the Evo ECU, but it won't hurt the car, just make the check engine light come on.

So if you want to really learn about this, I would suggest going to 9glancers. They have a wealth of info on how to turbo this car, but feel free to post here or PM me with further questions. Good Luck!!

WOW thanks for all that :) Got a few questions and things to clear up.

So the evo X injectors which are 560cc should be fine with my stock fuel pump ? WHats safe boost for us to run with stock internals ? Will the EVO X cams be good or its not necessary haha

Yeah The evo x intake cant fit cause of the battery. But i will have to modify the stock air box or just get a pod filter lol

I heard that the engine block and oil sump need to be drilled in for the turbo or something ??

What exactly does the new MAP sensor do ?

Park plugs are a need ? What about my coil packs, not needed to be changed ?

Yeah haah i forgot to mention the BOV, got the stock EVO X ones :P

YUP, my tuner is a WIZ for evos and ralliarts.

Yes the stock X injectors are compatible with the fuel pump unless yours is about to die which happens sometimes.

evo cams are great for boosting! Our car has a high compression ratio. about 10.5:1, one reason we can't put high boost is because the high CR will cause knock and tear up the engine. If you lower the CR you can raise the boost level. And what the cams do is just that plus add HP. All the details of this can be found on 9G. On the 2.0L engine can withstand 8-10 psi safely, but double check that on 9G as well.

The oil pan needs to be welded with a 10an bung for the turbo oil drain. check this thread out for a picture:

http://9glancers.com/index.php/topic,19126.0.html just scroll down about 2/3rds youll find it.

you will also need to put a bung in your downpipe for the wideband sensor.

MAP stands for manifold air pressure. This needs to be changed because our stock one cant read the boost properly.

Spark plugs are a must to avoid unwanted knock. The coil packs are good.

Anyway most important part is tune. I'm glad you've got someone to help you out!

Haha ill just get a evo X fuel pump. Mates got it for really cheap :P

Oh sick as! thats good i can use my evo x cams! Hopefully i get a few more HP !

Yeah yeah i see it ! So thats to send oil to the turbo >? But theres no need to drill into the engine block ??

Too easy!

seriously i appreciate your help :)

Hows your boosted lancer going ?

well I'm in the same stage as you, still collecting parts but I'm almost done just need a few more things. I really can't wait though. Ive been obsessing over this since I started. Lol.

So that bung is the drain from the turbo to the pan. There is an oil feed line that runs from the turbo to the front of the engine block where there is a bolt that can be removed and the feed line goes into. I don't have a picture of that but I'm sure you can find it with a bit of research.

Are you going to be doing the install yourself? I also forgot to say that you are going to need a custom elbow to get the LICP to fit to our throttle body since its different from the Evo or ralliart

Haha nice ! What parts have you got so far ? Yeah man, its so much cheaper! Like the lancer is such a nice looking car and it needs that little ummphhh hahah

Oh sweet! so i dont have to drill the engine block haha ? just use an existing screw ?

Yeah ill be doing it with a few mates :) Oh yeah daym! Forgot about the LICP! Is it a 90 degreee elbow or ?

its not the screw that you use, there is a threaded hole that the oil feed line screws into. As far as the elbow goes, I'm not really sure. Im going to a shop next week to get mine custom fabbed, Ill let you know what the lengths and angles they use when they do it

So far I have:

I have everything except for the map sensor, the turbo oil and coolant feed lines, spark plugs, a j pipe because my turbo didn't come with one then I need a bunch of little things like vacuum lines, the BOV hose, nuts bolts and gaskets. Then I gotta put it all together, throw the evo X rom in get the exhaust on and tune.

Pwoh nice nice! Yes please do let me know for the elbow lengths and stuff. Take photos of your build and let me know :)

Also is a Oil cooler necessary ?

Oil cooler isn't necessary unless you have a CVT. But don't worry I'll document the build with a bunch of pictures

you guys should read some of my posts, mines been boosted a couple of years with some good results without any incidents. be happy to help wit info if u want.

you guys should read some of my posts, mines been boosted a couple of years with some good results without any incidents. be happy to help wit info if u want.

I've read a lot of your posts actually. Some good info on there. I thought you disappeared though because you had been inactive for a while. I'll let you know if I need any help

Yeah man, id be happy! All the help is good! Can you link me your build ? haha and i will have a few questions for you :P

I've read a lot of your posts actually. Some good info on there. I thought you disappeared though because you had been inactive for a while. I'll let you know if I need any help

not disappeared, just been working night shift a while. putting together a kit now should be allot cheaper then a couple of years ago. haven't had any issues with the car besides a old lady reversing into my rear quaterpanel

Yeah man, id be happy! All the help is good! Can you link me your build ? haha and i will have a few questions for you :P

And your a lucky s**** cause Angeal lives close to you...well closer to you that he is from me...He's been a great help, like you, I'm on my way to turbo my ride...eventualy...I have to learn how to tune with Tactrix for now before I move to the next phase...