woody91

Shift Knob Pics

64 posts in this topic

Hey guys wanting to see some different shift knobs you guys have installed so post up some pics and info BRAND,PRICE....ECT Thanks

Hey guys wanting to see some different shift knobs you guys have installed so post up some pics and info BRAND,PRICE....ECT Thanks

I bought this torque solutions delrin teardrop 1.25 off ebay for $55 delivered. But i put it on and didnt like it. It was to light. I like the heavier stock one better so im back to oem.heres a pic anyways.

aje4y4eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a limited edition neochrome BLOX Racing 490(grams) Spherical Shift Knob It was $60 + shipping.

IMG_20140116_170912_zps4e92232d.jpg

I have a limited edition neochrome BLOX Racing 490(grams) Spherical Shift Knob It was $60 + shipping.

Its nice. Why such a big gap between the shift boot and nob? Thats how my torque solutions was?

Its nice. Why such a big gap between the shift boot and nob? Thats how my torque solutions was?

If you notice on the shifter and then look at the OEM knob there is two sets of threading which aftermarket knobs do not take account for.

If you notice on the shifter and then look at the OEM knob there is two sets of threading which aftermarket knobs do not take account for.

Ya i didnt know that lol

I like that Neo Chrome one a lot. Was it only limited edition? Or still available?

I like that Neo Chrome one a lot. Was it only limited edition? Or still available?

I know it was limited edition but im not sure if they are available

I looked on autocityimports still have em

How do you like it??

How do you like it??

I mean I like it. Only thing that would suck is when its like 50 degrees F out the knob is FREEZING, i live in florida and i had to buy gloves just to use my shift knob. If you live somewhere cold it might not be the best idea.

here's mine, it's a razo gt knob, has a good weight to it, bought it a while back, i think it was 65$

20131031_115241.jpg

So if i had a short shifter it would eliminate this gap? My works short shifter should be here anyday now.

So if i had a short shifter it would eliminate this gap? My works short shifter should be here anyday now.

There are knobs designed for short shifters and vice versa. Yours looks like its for a short shifter so yes. You can tell by the lenght of the knob neck. Longer for standard shifters.

There are knobs designed for short shifters and vice versa. Yours looks like its for a short shifter so yes. You can tell by the lenght of the knob neck. Longer for standard shifters.

Is yours designed for a short shifter cause im ordering your exact blox lol

Is yours designed for a short shifter cause im ordering your exact blox lol

Yes but they have one with a longer shaft for the regular shifter as well.

O i see

I have the blox, he does not. he has a razo gt knob. Mine was made for a short shifter.

I have the blox, he does not. he has a razo gt knob. Mine was made for a short shifter.

Nvm my works short shifter has adjstment on it anyways to raise the shift boot if needed, just got in the mail

This was my previous one.. Electric Blue Blox 490. $60 shipped. http://www.speedelement.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2613&category_id=346&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=38

56161968.jpg

Here is my current one.. Custom Engraved Flossy Grip Tape. $79.99 + shipping. I didn't get the heavyweight because it's pointless with the TC-SST transmission lol It's actually easier to shift with this one than the Blox knob.

dz8z.jpg

You know, I really dig that blue one. I was considering a knob on mine but I didn't know if it would look tacky with a CVT shifter, of course I also want to shorten it too

The bad thing with the Blox knob is it fades over time. My guess is from the sun, but I'm not too sure if it's also the constant use of touching it. The top section is barely blue anymore. It's silver so the blue definately wore off.

My windows aren't tinted, and I'm parked outside all day. I did cover my knob up a few times during the hot summer sun to try to stop it from getting so hot since the knob gets extra hot in the summer lol

Ok I'm confused, why are you getting a shift knob and a short shifter for an automatic transmission? The point of a short shifter is for manual cars to have less travel when changing gears. Did I miss something here or you just want a shorty for looks? If so I don't get it? Why pretend to make your shifter look like a manual when its not? No offense intended...I don't drive auto cars so I don't kbow