T-Flash

On The Road To A Badass (I Hope!) Cvt Lancer!

606 posts in this topic

O.K. Then I will start this thread in the hope of accomplishing a badass car that I will be proud of!

I will attempt to turbo my 2010 lancer SE CVT (Canadian model Hey!) Its a mix of ES and GTS. It is equipped with the 4B11 but has some comfort features of the GTS. The first thing I want to do is take care of the CVT. First I will try and upgrade my CVT with the GTS sportronic. It is rumoured to be a direct swap since I do have all the wires to plug it in...Anyway, it is ordered and payed for (160$ for sportronic...good deal if it work!) and might even consider installing the paddle shifter at a later date. Second, I am looking out for a transmission oil cooler/warmer from the GTS because mine doesn't have the extra fitting and cant put an external oil cooler.

I will post pictures ASAP...

Thanks and any advise will be appreciated.

WHY do this? Because I want too!.....Plain and simple!

I will base my work on Angeal and dadsgst posts on turbo charging so the credit will actualy be theirs!

Good luck. I will one day join you in the turboing a cvt. im not quit ready to go all in im still working on other things on the car. but once its paid off and my warranty is completely out its on! seems like your committed and that what it takes to work out all the bugs.

Take your time man, that's the key, sure in a way its scares the s**t out of me but, they said flying was impossible too!

seems like your committed and that what it takes to work out all the bugs.

I hope so and I have plenty of help from members here......One more thing: TELL THAT TO MY WIFE!!!!! :realmad:

WOOWOO!

UPS is going to drop my shifter today, I'll try to instal it today, I'll document it all and post it here for other CVT guys!

Also got my KYB struts...maybe this weekend.....

you dont tell your wife..thats the secret. If my wife really new how much money I have wrapped up into my car she would poop a brick

you dont tell your wife..thats the secret. If my wife really new how much money I have wrapped up into my car she would poop a brick

All's good now bough her a dress...I'm in the clear...

Your right! Wont tell her much in the futur...

All's good now bough her a dress...I'm in the clear...

Your right! Wont tell her much in the futur...

They only need to know when something bad happens, My wife knows how much 3 thing costed me. Clutch - Because it blew up, Tires because I shredded them at the track, and Intercooler because I accidently charged it to the bank account and not Paypal...woo boy that was an interesting conversation

Still looking for a EVO X OEM turbo setup though...they are hard to find these day...well at a decent price...

They only need to know when something bad happens, My wife knows how much 3 thing costed me. Clutch - Because it blew up, Tires because I shredded them at the track, and Intercooler because I accidently charged it to the bank account and not Paypal...woo boy that was an interesting conversation

Yep had one about the shifter because UPS is comming and she's home and will have to pay the import fee (tax)...

I know this situation WAYYY too well.

At least she's into cars...good looking cars though...Thats why I am in the process of lowering it and adding a spoiler...so that it looks "pretty" and she's going to be happy...

Sounds like a plan man! Hope it all works out well! I must be lucky cause my wife know exactly how much and what all I have tied into my RA Sportback and she is pushing me for more LMAO. All the time I will ask her about a part and she will be like well it's your money and I like it lol. I got a good one! She's the best!

a Sportronic from a eclipse GT/GTS? Or are you talking about the Lancer GTS sport shifter?

if you need any help with the shifter swap just ask. I just swapped mine backed to stock a few weeks ago and the steps are still fresh in my head. Best of luck to ya.

Its a lancer GTS shifter and it will be done tonight...

Pics!! Lets see pics,

Also I expected the cvt to be real slow,

it feels like the engine brake is on under 20 mph

but when accelerating its quicker than I expected.

Rrm said the turbo is set for 4 lbs and is always boosting with the cvt, I'm looking forward to finding out next summer

ITS IS DONE!

CVT owners, you HAVE to do this, took me about 30 minutes and the car is completely changed. Lets face it, HP's haven't change but the driving experience has improved enormousely.

Will do a DIY as soon as I can.

How so?

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 4

ITS IS DONE!

CVT owners, you HAVE to do this, took me about 30 minutes and the car is completely changed. Lets face it, HP's haven't change but the driving experience has improved enormousely.

Will do a DIY as soon as I can.

You installed paddle shifters as well?

Good luck on the build. Remeber to take your time and decide on the direction you really want. Theres nothing more annoying than having to go backwards to go forwards and doing things over again. You have all the time in the world.

Lets see it! Let the games begin! I mean...the build begin!

woah im excited! we need the images! or VIDEO!! pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

I've installed the shifter only, I'm not to sure about the paddle, not that it wont work, but the fact that I've never driven with paddles....

I took a lot of pictures and will do a step by step thread a little later...

I think this is the best thing I could of done to this car, opens up a lot of possibilities. I am working my way to turbo the car, but first I have to find a used GTS transmission oil cooler/warmer with the external oil cooler "extensions" and install a temp gage to monitor the whole things...ALL IN GOOD TIME....

Good luck on the build. Remeber to take your time and decide on the direction you really want. Theres nothing more annoying than having to go backwards to go forwards and doing things over again. You have all the time in the world.

Thanks, I am still debating between RA setup and EVO setup....RA are more available, cheaper, already @ 7 PSI, EVO less available, but lighter and more powerfull and if I read correctly, generates a little less heat....which is good for a cvt...

Any thoughts?