T-Flash

On The Road To A Badass (I Hope!) Cvt Lancer!

606 posts in this topic

O.K. This is the DIY GTS shifter swap.

All you need is a used or new GTS shifter assembly.

Cost: 160$

Duty (I'm in Canada...) 19$

Tools needed:

Socket wrench with 1/2" socket ( Actualy, I think its a 12mm but I lost mine...)

Small screw driver

Fine longnose plyers

And 30 min...

This is the shifter I bough, found it on http://car-part.com/

Do your shopping because they are not all advertise as GTS shifter with sportronic, some say (like the one I found) Automatic...Ask them to confirm and if possible to get a pic of the inside of the vehicule. LKG did this and sent me a pic, reducing the margin of error.

More to follow, reached my picture limit for today!!!

Hmm for a DIY your missing a step or two.. or all haha :P

Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 4

Hmm for a DIY your missing a step or two.. or all haha :P Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 4

Sorry, had trouble with the amount of pictures and size etc...will need to continue tomorrow! I'll try to edit the post so its all in the same "box"

LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN

O.K. This is the DIY GTS shifter swap.

All you need is a used or new GTS shifter assembly.

Cost: 160$

Duty (I'm in Canada...) 19$

Tools needed:

Socket wrench with 1/2" socket ( Actualy, I think its a 12mm but I lost mine...)

Small screw driver

Fine longnose plyers

And 30 min...

This is the shifter I bough, found it on http://car-part.com/

Do your shopping because they are not all advertise as GTS shifter with sportronic, some say (like the one I found) Automatic...Ask them to confirm and if possible to get a pic of the inside of the vehicule. LKG did this and sent me a pic, reducing the margin of error.

DSCF1337_zpsfb777416.jpgDSCF1338_zps943a3a21.jpgDSCF1340_zps28eca046.jpgDSCF1341_zps1cc33c21.jpgDSCF1343_zpsab860e5c.jpgDSCF1344_zps8acdb3de.jpgDSCF1345_zps4e7b49b8.jpgDSCF1349_zpsf690e949.jpgDSCF1350_zpsba5e4cbd.jpgDSCF1352_zps3f268b2c.jpgDSCF1356_zps0c5858d7.jpgDSCF1360_zps8c339754.jpg

good job! now you can rock with US GT with Sporttronic! tho its still 2.0 xD

What difference does this make on a CVT?

What difference does this make on a CVT? Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 4

This will reduce the heat created by the constant shifting of the belt.

You will be running on 6 virtual gears, the tranny's bet location will be stable, not readjusting all the time. If you plan on just boltons, this is not a must, but I plan on installing a turbo and this is the first step to reduce the amount of heat that can be VERY harmful to the tranny, by the belt always shifting. The car also feel sportier, more responsive. You may get results by putting your CVT in L for take off then to D but I have no clue how this would affect the tranny. I did it a couple of time, but don't recommend always driving like so.

good job! now you can rock with US GT with Sporttronic! tho its still 2.0 xD

Thanks! In a way, being 2.0 suits me better, a little simpler to turbo...

Just a though...If I can do this with the GTS, anyone tried to do the same with ralliart? I mean swap a evo X MR shifter with the S sport mode on the ralliart?

best mod i've done. turned my es-sport to a gts.

Just a though...If I can do this with the GTS, anyone tried to do the same with ralliart? I mean swap a evo X MR shifter with the S sport mode on the ralliart?

i think someone tried it and it was a no go.

Don't need to do that, you could just program the tranny to have S Sport, its been done before.

how about we use the TC-SST of the RalliArt in a GT?

Don't need to do that, you could just program the tranny to have S Sport, its been done before. Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 4

really how so? i've never heard of that

i dont think it will work with the cvt

Don't need to do that, you could just program the tranny to have S Sport, its been done before. Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 4

really how so? i've never heard of that

Yep someone local to me had his TCU flashed to support S Sport, pretty awesome.

Yep someone local to me had his TCU flashed to support S Sport, pretty awesome. Sent from my LG Optimus G using Tapatalk 4

that is awesome. if they can do that, what else can the do to the tcu? do u know if it was a tactrix flash?

im still cornfused about this..why/how would this work with out paddles or a shifter. i mean i guess if your really wanted to you could switches but its still not as easy as the swap

Would it be possible then to reprogram the GTS shifter to have different gear ratios? Something closer to the ralliart or MR ratios?

Would it be possible then to reprogram the GTS shifter to have different gear ratios? Something closer to the ralliart or MR ratios?

anything is possible but i'm finding these things hard to believe.

Don't worry, I'm not educated enough in programming to do it...Was just asking.....

oh i wasn't implying other wise. i just mean it doesn't make sense how or why someone would flash thier tcu to s sport mode. i've just never heard it done. its very mythical to me. its a dream of mine someday that someone will be able to hit the tcu like the sst boys do

There's a couple of people that flashed S Sport into their Ralliart just do your research. The file was taken down from the forum because Mitsu was automatically voiding warranty if you had your tcu flashed.

wasn't talking about ralliarts. i think thats where my confusion was. i was referring to cvt's. i knew that about the rallies

^ Oh your talking about the CVT... yeah don't think it's possible. The TC-SST is a whole different beast.

I dont think it would work, TC-SST is ywin clucth...I dont think they have a torque converter so basicaly ist semi-automatic...Ours are automatic with a torque converter...totaly different tranny and system. The reason it works for us lancer ES guys, its because we have exactly the same tanny.