T-Flash

On The Road To A Badass (I Hope!) Cvt Lancer!

606 posts in this topic

DREAM...DREAM....Right now I'm dreaming of finding a ever elusive USED GTS transmission oil warmer/cooler so I can order and install a remote oil cooler for my CVT so I can continue with the rest.... :sorcerer:

Back to gathering items...shipping killed my turbo setup...got to find one in Canada...

Did you get paddle shifters yet?

Alrighty, suspension installed....KYB Struts with Eibach pro springs...

Alrighty, suspension installed....KYB Struts with Eibach pro springs...

how do you like that setup? ride height and ride comfort?

how do you like that setup? ride height and ride comfort?

Its a little stiffer, I like it, a little more responsive but for sure, a little less comfortable for passengers...Its worth it though.

Ordered my tactrix cables yesterday...The learning process starts soon..Lets see what I can do for the tuning aspect of the build...Might as well learn now and not be stuck at the end of the build... :pc:

Tactrix cable has arrived...learning process starts...now!

how was the Eibach springs? and how low did u drop it?

is it smooth when u drive?

Tactrix cable has arrived...learning process starts...now!

keep us updated T. im curious to see how well this turns out. Who knows, if it turns out well, i might blow my tax return on this =P

how was the Eibach springs? and how low did u drop it?

is it smooth when u drive?

I beleive its 1", its alot stiffer, I dont recommend if you want comfort, but does seem more responsive, its is a blast on open roads and the real test will be the track...but thats for later

keep us updated T. im curious to see how well this turns out. Who knows, if it turns out well, i might blow my tax return on this =P

Will do, have them in my garage now, I'm reading ....reading...and...reading again! Will plug them this weekend to see how it goes!!!

Any idea if this will work on a 2012 lancer SE AWC? I have the paddle shifters but no sportronic mode (+/-) on the shifter itself.

Whenever I come to a stop with paddle shifters, instead of staying on gear 1, it goes to D. Then when I start rolling again in D automatic, I have to activate the gears again.

Any idea if this will work on a 2012 lancer SE AWC? I have the paddle shifters but no sportronic mode (+/-) on the shifter itself. Whenever I come to a stop with paddle shifters, instead of staying on gear 1, it goes to D. Then when I start rolling again in D automatic, I have to activate the gears again.

Thats weird...I know that us ES guy can put the paddle shifter and get the extact setup you have, without sportshift. With you AWC, I dont know if it will be the same shifter and TCU programming. Technicaly, if you have the same tranny and all, it should work. But check all the wires before, and since you can shift with the paddles, the programming should be in there. Just be sure that you have a possibility of returning the shifter if it doesnt work. :thumbdown:

Have them send you a picture of the wire loop on the shifter and compare it with yours, same with the bolt pattern. The best way is to remove the console, drive down to a scrap yard (or place you'll be buying) and compare/do it on site...Believe me, you can do it on site, its a really fast swap.

I still cant beleive they didnt put the shifter if you have the paddles....

Any idea if this will work on a 2012 lancer SE AWC? I have the paddle shifters but no sportronic mode (+/-) on the shifter itself. Whenever I come to a stop with paddle shifters, instead of staying on gear 1, it goes to D. Then when I start rolling again in D automatic, I have to activate the gears again.

thats how it works with just the paddles. you will need the shifter to keep it in manual mode

thats how it works with just the paddles. you will need the shifter to keep it in manual mode

I though he meant that his car came stock with paddles with NO sportronic floor shifter assembly...

I though he meant that his car came stock with paddles with NO sportronic floor shifter assembly...

you might be right, but i didn't think that they just came with the paddles without the shifter.

you might be right, but i didn't think that they just came with the paddles without the shifter.

My though exactly...

Yup you thought right, it came Factory with Paddle shifters but NO sportronic floor shifter assembly. Heres a pic;

you only drop it to 1"? what! shoulda went 1.9 or 2"

Yup you thought right, it came Factory with Paddle shifters but NO sportronic floor shifter assembly. Heres a pic; attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1379129476.108665.jpg

That's worst than terrible...HORRIBLE....I would say almost a ripoff...

Then I wouldn't see why the swap wouldn't work...But still, be carefull, be sure you can have a refund if it doesn't work...

you only drop it to 1"? what! shoulda went 1.9 or 2"

Gotta remember that its my daily driver...The roads here are terrible, full of high speed bumps and have to drive in 1foot or more of snow in winter when the road have not been cleared. Also I would of needed a camber kit...$ is not that easy to find for me and best spent elsewhere...since I want to turbo the car too...

Will do, have them in my garage now, I'm reading ....reading...and...reading again! Will plug them this weekend to see how it goes!!!

Have you used them yet?