T-Flash

How To: Swap A Gts Sportshift Shifter Assembly In A Base Cvt Lancer

43 posts in this topic

O.K. This is the DIY GTS shifter swap. I didnt see it on this forum so here we go...

After this, you will be running on 6 virtual gears, the tranny's belt location will be stable, not readjusting all the time. It will make the car feel sportier, more responsive. For around 200$, its a awsome conversion to make.

CAUTION

DE models and different years may affect the install. I know for a fact that some DE models do not have the proper wiring and post 2010 lancer as not been tried to my knowlegde. Check all the wires before (PIC 3). If all the wires are there, the programming should also be in there. Just be sure that you have a possibility of returning the shifter if it doesnt work. :thumbdown:

All you need is a used or new GTS shifter assembly.

Cost: 160$

Duty (I'm in Canada...) 19$

Tools needed:

Socket wrench with 1/2" socket ( Actualy, I think its a 12mm but I lost mine...)

Small screw driver

Fine longnose plyers

And 30 min...

This is the shifter I bough, found it on http://car-part.com/

Do your shopping because they are not all advertise as GTS shifter with sportronic, some say (like the one I found) Automatic...Ask them to confirm and if possible to get a pic of the inside of the vehicule. LKG did this and sent me a pic, reducing the margin of error. Best bet is a local scrapyard...if you find one there, you will see the actual shifter, you can even do it there to be sure it works properly and give them your old one or return it if it doesn't work.

DSCF1337_zpsfb777416.jpgDSCF1338_zps943a3a21.jpgDSCF1340_zps28eca046.jpgDSCF1341_zps1cc33c21.jpgDSCF1343_zpsab860e5c.jpgDSCF1344_zps8acdb3de.jpgDSCF1345_zps4e7b49b8.jpgDSCF1349_zpsf690e949.jpgDSCF1350_zpsba5e4cbd.jpgDSCF1352_zps3f268b2c.jpgDSCF1356_zps0c5858d7.jpgDSCF1360_zps8c339754.jpg

So there it is, 30 minutes and BAM....Fun by the million...

Bought a shifter and I only have wires that connect to the shifter. When I flop it over to sport tronic it just stays in drive. :/

Bought a shifter and I only have wires that connect to the shifter. When I flop it over to sport tronic it just stays in drive. :/

That is Wwhat I wrote in the CAUTION section. DE models dont have all the proper wires, but there is a way to run wires to the shifter...a little more complex but doable, will try to find the link for you...

If you do end up selling it let me know!

If you do end up selling it let me know!

deff i will let you know.

That is Wwhat I wrote in the CAUTION section. DE models dont have all the proper wires, but there is a way to run wires to the shifter...a little more complex but doable, will try to find the link for you...

so after reading through all 30 something pages of that thread, page 26 talks about wiring the other 4 wires. one being a ground but the picture the person put up of the diagram isnt available anymore. :/

Lets just say this is only for ES models lol, It doesnt work on DE's.. Im still trying to figure out what I need to do for paddle shifters :P

It's pre 2011 as well isn't it? Didn't mitsubishi change something for 2011 plus es models?

So I have a gts sport tronic shifter sitting here for a big ass paper weight? Haha

So I have a gts sport tronic shifter sitting here for a big ass paper weight? Haha

Yeah.. Sorry to say.. My buddy has a DE and his didnt have the right prongs to fit. Doesnt hurt to try, but most likely it wont work.

Yeah.. Sorry to say.. My buddy has a DE and his didnt have the right prongs to fit. Doesnt hurt to try, but most likely it wont work.

Yeah only 5 wires for the DE. There is a way to wire it but I havnt found any directions with detailed enough instructions before I go cutting wires involving components that makes the car drive.

Fuck that crap, not worth it lol

it's in the service manual thats how the op on 9g found out this mod to begin with

it's in the service manual thats how the op on 9g found out this mod to begin with

Thanks, ill have to get a copy of that so I can reference to it.

***** that crap, not worth it lol

If it makes this CVT a little more enjoyable then it will be. :)

If it makes this CVT a little more enjoyable then it will be. :)

It does BIG TIME!!!

It does BIG TIME!!!

Looking at your picture, are you military?

Looking at your picture, are you military?

And proud!

And proud!

Nice, me too. What branch of the military in Canada?

Nice, me too. What branch of the military in Canada?

Medic, and you?

Calvary scout. Haha

Calvary scout. Haha

What? Forgive my ignorance....Recce?