ILANCER08

Ilancer08 Progress Thread!

252 posts in this topic

index cards ftw :thumbsup: I did the black on black for awhile with my stockies. Looks good bro!

So I took it to the body shop again to fix a minor detail of the paint and they where suppost to just fix a quarter panel cause when I first got the car back there was a paint chip.

I go Friday to pick up cause

They said it was gonna be ready by 5 it turns out they burnt my paint with the buff so they have to redo it and now my door handles are chipped they tried covering it up but obviously they didn't do a good job so here's that until I get the car back Monday or Tuesday

enyhu2ys.jpgj

avatavud.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soo since I didn't have a spare in my car my trunk board kept bending so I decided to get one out of plywood and it turned out pretty well if I may say so myself.

i also repalced my tail lights from the pink tails to the black housing ones off an evo x :)yvejy8yz.jpg

edemuqy3.jpg

gonna be posting pics soon of the update on the paint

yayay

Wow it sucks the shop tried to play it off like it was nothing!

so i know theres been a delay on this thread but the update is finally here.

so far ive bought an evo x wing , fangs, and ive also gotten those painted but heres the story to the process for all this.

after i picked up my car from the shop ( after they chipped my paint ) i drove it home and i notice the next day theres a buff scuff on my quarter panel so i had to take it back left it there for about a week. ( yes they where working slow because apparently i was begining to get on there bad side ) "cause this is my fault"?? so they call me saying its done me ecstatic as i am to finally have my car back!! i get there and would you believe it they manage to scrape my front right wheel on the curb about half the wheel was curb rashed. :no soo at this point im pretty mad shop guy suggested to either paint the wheel but i didnt want to go that route so we ended up making a deal for him to paint the abs evo x wing i got and fangs yes i still left the parts there even after all this. after about a month they call me yes it took a month and me calling about every week to the point where they would get annoyed. i pick up my "parts" i get there and he says theres the wing my response where are the fangs?? his response ughh what? he apparently lost the fangs somewhere in the shop so i get furious at this point he just tells me he will look for them and paint them also so about 1 week later he says he found them and is going to paint them i call him a week later ( really busy with work ) and he lost them again!!! :realmad: so i just tell him to find them and get them painted! i kept calling everyday until he found them and about 2-3 weeks later he painted them. yes it took about 2 months just to get my evo x wing and fangs fully painted and returned. idk if the shop was doing it on purpose for me having to keep going back or what but its safe to say i dont think im gonna be going back there any time soon.

sorry for the minor rant lol

but here are some pics

vaguru9a.jpg

e3y6amu2.jpg

2abavyve.jpg

Before

uryvy5a2.jpg

After ypeberut.jpg

Also changed my front pads to dura last gold c max

4azazu2e.jpg

Here's a pic with the fangs

u9a2u9y2.jpg

Lmk what you guys think

So pretty and clean!

Man rims have some major rash. Still car looks sweet

Looks really good if I say so myself. But that is some really bad curb rash, they just painted your stuff in return?

thanks guys preciate it!!

Looks really good if I say so myself. But that is some really bad curb rash, they just painted your stuff in return?

yea man pretty much. the rims look worse cause there also palsti dipped but they are pretty bad i didnt want them to paint the wheels there original color is chromium silver.

yea man pretty much. the rims look worse cause there also palsti dipped but they are pretty bad i didnt want them to paint the wheels there original color is chromium silver.

I probably would of fought them!! Thats BS for a shop. Im sure you could have got them too buy you a new wheel.

I probably would of fought them!! Thats BS for a shop. Im sure you could have got them too buy you a new wheel.

the thing is they helped me out alot with my insurance so i didnt want to be a douche about it.and my sister in laws dad works there lol . even though they did deserve it i didnt want to.

Haha

the thing is they helped me out alot with my insurance so i didnt want to be a douche about it.and my sister in laws dad works there lol . even though they did deserve it i didnt want to.

Oh ok now I see. Well atleast you got something in return. i like your head lights where did you buy them?

Haha

Oh ok now I see. Well atleast you got something in return. i like your head lights where did you buy them?

thanks brotha appreciate it. i actually got those on craigslist lol

another update!

so i recently purchased ralliart front rotors and dual piston calipers with hawk pads

also new strut bar and rainbow pen duckbill.

i have yet to install these im gonna install the brake set up this coming week and the lip im planning to wrap first. and strut bar well thats already installed. :)

lmk what you guys think!

Here are some pics.

4y2uzaha.jpg

abedy4ev.jpg

Nice. Is the bar blue or is it the angle of the camera?

Nice. Is the bar blue or is it the angle of the camera?

thanks! yea the lip is blue but im gonna get it either wrapped in cf or color match it.

Finally got the ralliart slotted rotors and dual piston calipers with hawk brake pads installed yesterday.

Before

me9uqazy.jpg

After

yhyneqam.jpg

e8epa4a5.jpg

dyha5e7y.jpg

Any modification needed to install the brake

Any modification needed to install the brake

no they where direct swap nothing major just the brake line i had to adjust it to the side for it to fit properly but overall just direct fit. and they handle much better alot smoother