Apexxia

Apex's Project Thread Of Lacy

83 posts in this topic

I probably should have started one of these awhile ago, but there's not really much done to her so far.

I will upload images later, but I got my 2008 Apex Silver DE in March of 2013, and started looking for new parts as soon as she arrived home.

At first, I wasn't planning on doing this much to her, but I like the progression.

The first thing I did was purchase Halo LED Headlights, Smoked LED Tailights, Lowering springs, and an Evo X Widebody style body kit.

I installed the headlights and tailights, and plastidipped the front end black.

The springs will never be installed on my car, so they're just sitting in the garage.

And the body kit was sold summer of 2013.

At some point over the summer I had the windows tinted, 55% in the front and 15% in the rear (wish I had gone with 5%, but whatever haha)

Since then I've painted the interior trim mint green, installed a bubble shift knob, blacked out the gauge cluster, put on a short carbon fiber antenna, and blacked out the truck lip.

Currently sitting in my garage is a Greddy Ti-C axleback exhaust, 18x9.5 Klutch SL14 wheels, and burned blue lug nuts. Waiting on spring to install these parts.

Like I said, I will upload images later.

Wow you have a ton of good stuff and those wheels are awesome! Can't wait to see them on.

Wow great start! Look forward to seeinf it all on the car! Those wheels should be sweet! Haven't seen a Lancer with them yet! What springs do you have to lower it on?

About time lol

Those wheels with no springs will for sure look weird. :(

Wow great start! Look forward to seeinf it all on the car! Those wheels should be sweet! Haven't seen a Lancer with them yet! What springs do you have to lower it on?

Idk, I bought them from the same guy that I got the lights and kit. Someone said they're some off of ebay, so I'm sure I'll never sell them.

About time lol

haha what is that supposed to mean :P

Those wheels with no springs will for sure look weird. :(

I'm currently saving up to get coils. I know it'll look weird for awhile, but whatever. Everything takes money haha. and the January and February months of working retail are not forgiving on the money.

Oh my god. You took a picture of the shoutbox... instead of screenshotting it, or even copying the text....

Oh my god. You took a picture of the shoutbox... instead of screenshotting it, or even copying the text....

no screenshot on my computer.

no screenshot on my computer.

I know i saw the word "Macbook" in your original post. Good thing you removed it. I had a whole string of gifs waiting lol.

You can take a screen shot on any computer. Heres a simple guide:

1. Hit the PrntScrn button

2. Open Paint, then Paste (cntrl + V)

3. Use the crop tool to cut out what you want.

4. Once cropped, Cut (cntrl + X) that part out

5. Once the part you want is cut, Select all with Cntrl + A and delete so that you have a white screen

6. Paste again (cntrl V)

7. Now you can crop again so there is no white space around it, and it becomes a small image.

8. Save and your done! Then you can add it to a image hosting site.

I know i saw the word "Macbook" in your original post. Good thing you removed it. I had a whole string of gifs waiting lol.

You can take a screen shot on any computer. Heres a simple guide:

1. Hit the PrntScrn button

2. Open Paint, then Paste (cntrl + V)

3. Use the crop tool to cut out what you want.

4. Once cropped, Cut (cntrl + X) that part out

5. Once the part you want is cut, Select all with Cntrl + A and delete so that you have a white screen

6. Paste again (cntrl V)

7. Now you can crop again so there is no white space around it, and it becomes a small image.

8. Save and your done! Then you can add it to a image hosting site.

oh cool, thank youu

y6eba8ev.jpg

atahysa7.jpg

atypyven.jpg

e2egu7ah.jpg

3avy2uny.jpg

qa6ybabu.jpg

7ubuqady.jpg

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

I really like the teal going on, I painted a friend of mine's interior like that a couple months ago. It looks awesome! Keep up the good work

I really like the teal going on, I painted a friend of mine's interior like that a couple months ago. It looks awesome! Keep up the good work

haha thanks! i'm thinking about changing it since everyone has it it seems like, but idk if it's worth putting all of that time back in again haha.

haha thanks! i'm thinking about changing it since everyone has it it seems like, but idk if it's worth putting all of that time back in again haha.

I've painted and stripped my wheels 4 times now. I am tired of the color and want to redo it again. I just REALLY don't want to go through the work lmao. The interior pieces aren't bad!

I've painted and stripped my wheels 4 times now. I am tired of the color and want to redo it again. I just REALLY don't want to go through the work lmao. The interior pieces aren't bad!

haha i know, the most annoying part is just hand sanding everything.

That shift knob looks like a di..o lols

OT: Nice car man! :D

That shift knob looks like a di..o lols

OT: Nice car man! :D

Haha oh, I know it does. That's the nickname for it.

Lol thanks :P

haha i know, the most annoying part is just hand sanding everything.

Exactly!

Exactly!

haha i already have a lot of stuff that matches it, so I might as well just leave it.

So sold the tires on Tuesday, almost have enough for coils, so those will be coming soon. Finally finished blacking out my gauge pod cover, I like the dark look.

Once I get coils, I plan on plastidipping my stock wheels pink.

So sold the tires on Tuesday, almost have enough for coils, so those will be coming soon. Finally finished blacking out my gauge pod cover, I like the dark look.

Once I get coils, I plan on plastidipping my stock wheels pink.

Do the teal like the inside

Do the teal like the inside

I know you've already seen cause of instagram lol, but I want the outside to be a different color scheme than the inside. plus, everyone has the teal it seems like, and nestors car is starting to look like mine, color wise.

update: i plastidipped my wheels blaze pink, since I did not do them over a white base coat, they're a coarlish/pink-orange, and I kind of like it. I'm still saving up for coils, and i'm struggling not to buy other car parts haha. After I pick up coils, I plan to repurchase tires, get everything mounted and put on (hopefully before winter). I still have to get my exhaust installed, which, i hope, will be this spring/summer. Then hopefully fogs and front dams/a lip.

eju8u5y5.jpgune4eput.jpgygy4ader.jpg4u6y9a9u.jpg

mainly a picture of how old she's getting, but can see my blacked out gauge pod.

5u8u3y7u.jpgadaheduj.jpgyrapamaj.jpg

Have an appointment on Tuesday to get an estimate on my exhaust installation...yayyyy :D

You should try to become one of those girls who can work on their own car :P