urboimike27

Panel, A/t Indicator Swap

8 posts in this topic

I already know it's a long shot, but I just wanted to know if it's possible to put the PRNDL indicator panel of a RA or X, on the lancer ES. I know the lancer ES shifter requires you to move the shifter right and left before pulling into a gear, is it the same on the RA or X? Both have a boot on so I don't know if they just shift straight down or if they go through the same maneuvers as the lower models do. I really want the shift panel from the RA or X which is why I'm wondering, I have a friend who's evo is dead and doing a complete part out and will give it to me for almost nothing, so I want to know if it's possible. Can I have a shop custom fabricate the shifter to move the same way as the RA so it will be a perfect fit, or is it not possible. Money isn't really an issue, if it can be done by a shop I don't mind paying the price. Honest answers, no flames.

RA panel

Lancer panel

I know they both move straight down. Even the es one even though it doesn't seem like it.

I don't know exactly how the RA shifter works but I think it might work, but you would lose the L gear and the SST switch wouldn't do anything. I dont know how the RA one hooks up but it may not be the same. It seems more like a down grade than anything, unless you're doing it purely for aesthetics.

It's for my girlfriend, and yes purely for aesthetics. She drives in my MR and she likes the look a lot more, so if it's possible I'll take the hit and swap it out. She never goes into lower gear anyways so that's not a problem or the SST switch.

id say open up both center consoles. and look at the mechanical cables. then look at the shift lock and lap pinouts of each shifter. if they match, then I don't see why it wouldn't work

totally lost me there fastcar123, what are the pinouts and how do I know if they match?

alright, here's what I meant.

WP_20131210_018_zps33fe9981.jpg

both connectors should look like this. yours will have all of these extra pins for sport mode(I think 9 total), but hers will only have the 2 red pins plus the 2 pins on the bottom left. (4 total). if both connectors look like this, you should be able to connect it electrically.

DSCF1344_zps4ce61e3e.jpg

this is the mechanical connection that pulls the sensor for the gear selection. They both have to look exactly like this.

DSCF1345_zpsfdd932c8.jpg

this is another cable that does something, but I don't really know what. you have to have this cable on both too.

The SST switch on the ES wont do anything and the "L" gear on the MR will also probably not do anything (I wouldn't want to test it because the gear selector sensor on the SST is different).

Great write up, so if everything matches up then it'll be plug and play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks