Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Warskull

End Of Evo Prod.

21 posts in this topic

Wow now the evos will be more rare. Are the regular lancers ending in production too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt it, 1 year, 2 years tops, and the base models are going too I would think. its truly sad, because evolution truly is one of the greatest performance cars out there. That can only mean that parts for both evos and lancers will be rare and therefore cost more. Theres still hope that they will make another, since they said they would be pulling out of the US domestic market since 2012. I really wanted an evo at some point in my life too.

Mitsu apri fools? Probly not, I hope soo tho. Hopefully theyll bring something to battle the 15WRX/STI

I don't know if this is just a step around, but if you read her wording carefully, youll see that they have no plans for a successor "with the current concept". Years ago, it was talked about a hybrid model Evolution, with several concepts, concept art, and so on for the car. I don't think this is the end of the evo for sure. But the 2008 model is probably the last well see of the basic Evo concept we've had.

They still haven't talked directly to Mitsubishi, so lets see. Even if this was true, it wouldn't be a surprise. The fact that they barely made an improvement from 2006 to 2008 should've been evidence alone that this platform, in their minds, has plateaued.

Hopefully it's an April fools related thing. Very sad if it isn't.

Mitsu hasnt said anything sooo who knows.

I heard about this sometime last year I doubt it's an April Fools thing

Current Mods

[x] K&N Drop in Filter

[x] Tein S Tech Springs 2.1F 1.4R

[x] Spec 1 Wheels Sp27 18 x 8 offset 38

[x] RA Mudflaps

[x] 5% Tint All Around

[x] Debadged Rear mitsu/Lancer emblem

Future Mods

[] Catback Exhaust

[] Weapon-R Sri

[] Cf hood

[] Cf Spoiler / Oem Evo X

[] Cf 3M roof Wrap

[] Cf Front Lip

Just to Name A few Things

its been in talks for awhile as a lot of us know.. does it surprise me? no.. why? the evo x was introduced as a 2008 model running from a different motor completely than the successors, going from a 4g63 to a 4b11. normally a life span of a car in mitsubishi is 4-5 years for a face lift or something. this has gone from 2008-2015 pretty much on the same generation. mitsubishi is dragging it on to finally kill production, and as i said it does not surprise me. they have killed all of there models and done some complete redesigns, want to turn the company around and be eco friendly, smaller vehicles that dont use more material to build.. such the i-miev, that ugly ass mirage, a outlander sportback (which i thought they wouldve killed the full size outlander). they are in way over themselves as you look at there lineup. in reality they state that they get pretty good mpg, but there R&D still sucks...

they only have 6 models now, and 44mpg hwy in a miniature hatchback mirage? as small as that is, starting at 12.. kinda sad imho. not great gas mileage because of the size of the car.. its smaller than a yaris. they pulled the eclipse, and it had too many blindspots, gas isnt the best in it (looking at my moms eclipse 4g). they killed ralliart a few years ago in the wrc, and they are hurting themselves because they are just not taking the necessary steps anymore.

this is the best way to put it, when i got my jetta back in febuary of 2012, i was wanting to get back into another lancer, i was gonna get a fully loaded gt with the 4b12, navi, fosgate, sunroof, gt package, lighting package.. etc but they wanted 29-31 grand for that. (pretty much a ralliart)

for the amount of money they wanted i got my jetta, cheaper too with better quality and more power. better mileage too. granted i know it was the dealer whom was selling it but its mitsubishi too... before they completely go out in america, they need to restructure themselves now, redesign the motors, more power, come standard turboed in a 1.8t in the lancer or outlanders like vw has and getting amazing mileage and power for what it has. not trying to compare german motors and japanese, its two different concepts.. but having a 2.4l n/a motor? hopefully you guys see where im going with this. the evo does have some flaws and its their fault that they havent either addressed the issues since the x has been out, and been procrastinating too. subaru has already announced the new wrx and sti, as well as an sti brz, i just wish mitsubishi would come up with a way to fix themselves before we dont see them in america anymore.

With the a lot of the decisions Mitsubishi is making i see them having to pull out of America in the next few years, they're getting rid of all the cars that sell well here and trying to introduce new cars that unfortunately car ugly and not that good. With them getting rid of a lot of the car they're famous for, eclipse, 3000gt, and now the Lancer, i won't be surprised if the whole company starts going down.

10003878_10152317255325119_968417641_n.j

not sure if april fools lol

That doesn't necessarily say that there will be a new model, it just means that the same model will be produced in 2015, which makes me happy

That doesn't necessarily say that there will be a new model, it just means that the same model will be produced in 2015, which makes me happy

Also doesnt mean that Mitsu isnt going to stop with a flagship performance car. Just that they are focusing a lot on trying to meet the fuel economy mandates. As said in the other link:

"Not all hope is lost however, as Mitsubishi has hinted that a performance flagship model is on the way with a hybrid powertrain. Given that exotics and supercars have turned to hybrid technology for additional performance in addition to fuel efficiency, the successor to the Evo might be better than ever. However, don’t expect to see a successor, even in concept form, for at least two years as Mitsubishi is focusing on crossovers and SUVs at the moment."

ah hah!

This is super sad if true. If so, I'm going to have to buy me an Evo.

deadwood-mr-wu-03-1024_article_story_mai

damn you Swegin.

much rather the EVO but I cant say that I would hate a new 3000GT either, especially if it looks good and is fasty like the previous models

3000gt all hail the good old 3000gt!!! Wish I had one...when I got my Lancer, the plan was to leave it stock and buy an old 3000gt... I was one of the most underated tuner car ever...AWSOME potential...If they bring it back...I dont know what I'll do!!!

I dont think they will let the EVO concept down...It will be back....People need it in the rally competition.....lol

Before everyone goes crazy on this topic lets just let Mitsu come out and say it point blank before freaking out. I have never heard nor read anything anywhere that Mitsu is discontinuing the Evo. I keep my ear to the ground on news from Mitsu.