Mr.Jaydeem

Front End Color Change.

21 posts in this topic

Aye,

No offense to any black out front end owners. I blacked out my front end about an year ago and im getting tired of it. I'm tired of looking like every one else now. What do you think of color matching the center and the outer grille part?

i think it would look pretty good. its different like you said many ppl do have that blacked out front and it wont hurt to try something new you got my vote :thumbsup: lol

i never blacked out the front because of that reason. I wanted to go a different route. it makes the car look cleaner.

8832170020_e53729975a_c.jpg

love mine, but i wish the damn dealership hadn't drilled my license plate onto my bumper.

now the idea of match painting the grill trim came into my mind as well. ive been curious as to how that would look like though. try it!

I always say:

Not like you are running into modified lancers with blacked out front ends every day lol.

Evo Nose ftw lol. Mine is still black but I have cutouts

I think it could look pretty good too lol you could try to get creative and do the trim a different color than the middle part

Front grill with the cut outs paint matched. Could be a new trend.

2012-04-12143146.jpg

This guy i know matched the grill with the car paint.

i dig it. my car is black though so technically i paint matched it too ;)

Yea, i haven't got the chance to black out mine as everyone goes the same. I prefer to leave it as is to b different than other evos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

y7aqevym.jpg

This is how mine is right now. I used to have the whole center blacked out, but I like this much better. I don't like the color matching chrome part tho. Looks different.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

i never blacked out the front because of that reason. I wanted to go a different route. it makes the car look cleaner.

love mine, but i wish the damn dealership hadn't drilled my license plate onto my bumper.

now the idea of match painting the grill trim came into my mind as well. ive been curious as to how that would look like though. try it!

whats the lip called that you have color matched?

I like this I may want to remove my vinyl once I get that HL from lip. Looks really clean like this.

2012-04-12143146.jpg

Nice I have been wanting to know how the fog lights would look color matched.

Also I agree the non black out does look much cleaner. I will have to remove my vinyl once I get a HL front lip.

Nice I have been wanting to know how the fog lights would look color matched.

Also I agree the non black out does look much cleaner. I will have to remove my vinyl once I get a HL front lip.

Huh, didn't even noticed the fog lights lol

whats the lip called that you have color matched?

it's the HL1 lip from ARS.

Sweet, I think I'm going to do it when I have some funds. I use Automotive Touch Ups product for color matching and clear coat.

Did you know you have the right to tell the dealer not to drill the holes on your bumper? I'm guessing you wanted to go the evo route and put the plate to the corner?

Did you know you have the right to tell the dealer not to drill the holes on your bumper? I'm guessing you wanted to go the evo route and put the plate to the corner?

Please stop spamming the forums. This thread has been inactive for more then a year. Please read the forum rules, to get yourself familiar with the guidelines.

2012-04-12143146.jpg

I really like this. I still like the chrome though. I AM AT A CONUNDRUM!!!

it was already drilled onto the bumper before i even got to look at it the first time.