fastcar123

Base Lancer Automatic A/c Success

28 posts in this topic

I found out something peculiar today. It turns out that the base lancers can obtain the automatic A/C function that most GTSs,RAs, and Evos have,

It all started back in December when I had a remote start and security system installed. Starting my car from my couch was great until I realized that I didn't set the A/C. So I would still have to go out to a frozen car. After a while that got pretty old.

Recently I had an idea. What if I could install the Auto A/C function into my Lancer? My mother owns an outlander with this function and its really nice.

At first I thought I would have to buy a new A/C ECU and blower motor, plus several sensors. I didn't think that the upgrade was worth it.
Very recently, a user (ILANCER08 that would be you) sold me a very nice set of auto A/C controls. I bought them, completely expecting to do it for aesthetics but had a tiny shred of hope that the Auto A/C thing would work.

I got them in the mail today. I pulled the old controls out and put in the new controls. Very easy installation. When I started the engine and turned both controls to auto, I was very surprised to find that my AC was automatically adjusting.

So long story short the Auto A/c function is a simple plug and play mod. All you have to do is buy yourself a set of the auto A/C controls.
KGrHqFHJ8E63SLfr6uBO1qrgIFew60_1_zpsa64a
Ive only had this on there for today, so I can keep everyone updated on how it responds through out the week.

If anyone else tries this post your success or failure here, as I am not sure if it will work on all models.

If you succeed then you get the auto A/C and if you fail you get better looking controls ins in your interior. either way you win.

Wow thats a really nice upgrade for comfort! I have the GT so I never miss it, but we need more comfort mods like that. Great job man.

Wait, so are those set of controls an upgrade from mine?

basically auto A/C just automatically adjusts the vents and the blower speed so it comes to your selected temperature. So its only upgrade if you use your A/C a lot otherwise its a feature that you wouldn't use. it doent make the A/C colder, or the heater hotter. it just adjusts things

wait, so you're saying, when you unlock your car, the A/c turns on?

No. Auto A/C allows me to dial in on a temperature, and the vents and fan speed adjust automatically to best suit that temperature. it also turns on or off A/C and isolation

Without an interior ambient temp sensor you won't be getting the full effect, the ambient temp sensor reads the cabin temp and tells the Aircon ecu, the aircon ecu adjusts it's flow based on that. ATM the aircon is using the external sensor, as you know the cabin temp can vary from that of outside (such as a hot summer day)

Without an interior ambient temp sensor you won't be getting the full effect, the ambient temp sensor reads the cabin temp and tells the Aircon ecu, the aircon ecu adjusts it's flow based on that. ATM the aircon is using the external sensor, as you know the cabin temp can vary from that of outside (such as a hot summer day)

I'm aware of this. I do plan on putting the sensor in, but frankly I was just happy that the controls worked without having to reprogram the AC ECU

Yeah they wok without it, I had it like that for a month before my wrecker got my the temp sensor and tube. Installing it is a bit painful if you have big hands but it does make a difference

I feel like that really Is the only sensor needed. Unfortunately I can't find that sensor anywhere online

For those who are confused.. it's like central air for your car lol. I never use it in my RA. My boyfriend likes it, but I honestly hate the feature. It blows way too hard for my liking. <--Yup, that's what she said! Lol ;)

Lol it does eventually slow down

I feel like that really Is the only sensor needed. Unfortunately I can't find that sensor anywhere online

Got a part number from a Russian lancer forum 7825A003

Russian lancer site? I've noticed that they seem to know the part numbers for just about anything. I wonder why....

anyway it looks like that sensor is relatively cheap so I may end up getting it and posting it on here.

thanks for the link

Russian lancer site? I've noticed that they seem to know the part numbers for just about anything. I wonder why....

anyway it looks like that sensor is relatively cheap so I may end up getting it and posting it on here.

thanks for the link

Yeah, they know a lot. I remember its a Russian that worked out you can use the Peugeot/Citroen Lexia tool with Diagbox to program our etacs features.

Already ordered the part, and will be posting about it, i also have the photosensor which should allow auto lights. Based on what i have researched. I'll be doing that at the same time.

let us know how these features work out. im curiously as an all get out

Yea I want to know about that etacs thing

Installed the Sunload Sensor tonight, was a pain getting it in through the dash but here is some picks.

1406041821_IMG_1256.JPG

1406041821_IMG_1254.JPG

1406041821_IMG_1252.JPG

1406041424_IMG_1258.JPG

Connector for this is already in place behind the steering wheel for me, however i cant confirm this for newer lancers, all you need for the sensor for climate controls is 7825A003 which comes with a harness to connect it. If you want automatic headlights (for vehicles without the sensor built into the glass) then you also need 7825A019 and some custom wiring, ill post more on that once i have connected the wires up. to etacs.

Let me know. The whole point of posting this was to show that auto mode could be achieved without reprogramming the etacs. So if the sunload sensor works the same, thats awesome

the sun load sensor affects autolights as well? is that what im getting?

Let me know. The whole point of posting this was to show that auto mode could be achieved without reprogramming the etacs. So if the sunload sensor works the same, thats awesome

You still need to go into etacs and enable auto headlights I think, I'll confirm once I've made the connections to etacs. Getting the parts I listed means you would get the harness to connect it for climate control and a sensor which can be used for auto headlights without changing the whole windscreen

Dude this awesome. I will take a look. Can you explain it a little more. I am still a little confused.

for the auto lights, I do believe this could be changed with the MMSC. idk for sure, but I know that the outlander I have here has this sensor, but does not turn on the lights. I just wonder if I could change it with that thing

Dude this awesome. I will take a look. Can you explain it a little more. I am still a little confused.

it started off by my discovery of enabling automatic A/C with the replacement of the controls without reprogramming the whole car itself. Lantourismo here, took this a little further and is installing the sunload sensor so he can enable automatic headlights.

these are features of the sun and sound package. We are trying to enable these functions one at a time.

We are also verifying that one function can work without all of the sensors,

and that the ETACS doesn't need to be reprogrammed (work in progress)

wow i just came across this lol im glad i sold the ac controls to the right person thanks @fastcar123 very good info bro :thumbsup: