Juice

Reupholstered Door Inserts

16 posts in this topic

So I felt a need to add a bit of colour and cover up the cheap black fabric on the door panels, so I bought some silk fabric and reupholstered my doors.

This was actually extremely easy to do. Door panels come off pretty easily and the fabric insert is removed with a "few" screws from the back. Fabric cut and applied and doors back on in about 1/2 day. Used 3M Super 77 spray adhesive if anyone is curious.

10295010.jpg

10295210.jpg

88581210.jpg

nice job. i want to do something there as well just dont know what yet

The fabric used isn't my cup of tea. It looks like something my mom would use on a couch or something. lols But the work itself looks good.

interesting, this shall be added to my to do list whenever i get free time. my stock ones are showing wear already.

so dope!

I've been wanting to do my door inserts as well as my headliner but idk what pattern yet

I want to do suede door inserts and headliner.. this looks dope

I want to do suede door inserts and headliner.. this looks dope

+1

Current Mods

[x] K&N Drop in Filter

[x] Tein S Tech Springs 2.1F 1.4R

[x] Spec 1 Wheels Sp27 18 x 8 offset 38

[x] RA Mudflaps

[x] 5% Tint All Around

Future Mods

[] Catback Exhaust

[] Weapon-R Sri

[] Cf hood

[] Cf Spoiler / Oem Evo X

[] Cf 3M roof Wrap

[] Cf Front Lip

Just to Name A few Things

Are those cherry blossoms?

anyone else wanting to reupholster their doors or headliner, I highly recommend www.yourautotrim.com. ive ordered from them dozensof times and theyre always amazing to deal with. I got the suede for my doors from them.

is there a how-to anywhere on how to do this? ive been wanting to do this, my headliner, and pilliars for awhile but just not sure on how to do them.

is there a how-to anywhere on how to do this? ive been wanting to do this, my headliner, and pilliars for awhile but just not sure on how to do them.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-how-tos-installations/510964-how-remove-headliner.html here you go sir. just be careful on the rear pillars, the little clips that hold them up are kind of fragile. broke one on mine, but wasn't hard to find at autozone.

i'm gonna be in the works of doing this. i might make a how to if time permits.

Thanks everyone!

@RalliArtist, yes the print is Cherry Blossoms. It's on a Chinese silk.

Few tips if you're doing this.

Inserts are about 29" wide and 16" in height each. Give yourself some extra material.

Door panels come out pretty easy ... three screws on each door (one visible, two hidden behind lever and handle) ... then just pull the door panel off starting from the bottom (it's held in by plastic clips). Requires a good tug to get started.

The fabric inserts can be completely removed from the rest of the door panel. They're just held in by a lot of screws (about a dozen or so).

I cleaned the existing fabric and cut the cloth to size with a bit of excess, then sprayed the inserts with 3M Super77 adhesive spray. I started at the top doing about 3-4 inches, and then working my way down. Toughest part is wrapping the fabric over the armrest sections.

I bought a small paint roller (from the dollar store) to help press the fabric against the insert. Once the fabric was on, I trimmed the edges and put the inserts back on the door.

This would also be a good time to paint/wrap/replace the door trim if you were looking to do that as well.

I love the cherry blossoms and wish I had thought of it first. How is the silk holding up though? I feel like it might wear out after a while.

Oh man that is so awesome! Do you have a how to for this?