Topherdp

Car Insurance

44 posts in this topic

I am getting ripped off by Farmers insurance. I pay more than double for my 2010 Lancer ES than my 08 FJ. Full coverage on 2010 Lancer ES, 2008 FJ and 2002 Dodge Ram is $335. No tickets or accidents. Dropping full coverage is not an option, the loans are not quite paid off yet. Plus I like having the full coverage.

Who to go with?

In lease?

I was just curious what insurance companies other people use. Farmers insurance in Oregon is was expensive. Going to several companies for a quote is going to mean several credit hits...

I got farmers here at CA.. I got the lowest quote from them.. Others are like 30-40 more

$$$ one car?

There's a lot of factors that determine your insurance than just the company. But, I am on my boyfriend's insurance with Prudential. He's got a 2013 Wrangler Sahara (Just got it in August) and I have a 2012 Ralliart. We pay $157 / month for both vehicles. Full coverage. My boyfriend also has condo insurance through them which drops it a little bit.

I'd check out Progressive, Prudential, and Geico. You are paying quite high lol

Me and the wife had GEICO for 6+ years. When I got my Lancer the insurance almost doubled. Dropped them and went to Nationwide., we pay less per year than geioco wanted for 6 months. WE have full coverage on 06 Jeep and 11 Lancer.

I have progressive

I own a 2011 Ralliart

I am 25 yrs old

I have full coverage

I have $250 deductable

I pay around 150 a month

I have a clean driving record, no tickets

before i turned the magic number of 25 i payed around 170 a month

even after i got rear ended the insurance still dropped

i've been with progressive for about a year

prior to that i was with state farm which was charging me 325 a month

i was on the same boat as you paying $300+ with farmers and every time i went to pay they raised the price.

so we switched to allstate still paying a lot but not as much as farmers,

both the lancer and the altima have full coverage and the 05 es has only liability, all together its running us about $220.

not that bad considering i am a ticking time bomb, insurance guy's exact words. haha

Thanks everyone for the great input. It's nice to get an idea what others are paying.

Do we think my wife and I are only paying a bit high on the $$$? 2008 FJ with tons of extras, worth 28K, 2010 Lancer ES, (like all of us, loaded with Lancer Modification Parts), 16K and 2002 Dodge Ram 1500, of course extras to boot, 9K. Full coverage on all three, $500 deductible and renters insurance in Portland, Oregon, $305 and just went to $335 but for both of us.

Change companies or tuff it out?

Clean record? Go Geico. They're cheap IF you have a clean record. They spike the prices through the roof for anything at all that happens though. I was paying 85 bucks a month for my Lancer. Then I got a speeding ticket, price jacked up to like 150.

Thanks everyone for the great input. It's nice to get an idea what others are paying.

Do we think my wife and I are only paying a bit high on the $$$? 2008 FJ with tons of extras, worth 28K, 2010 Lancer ES, (like all of us, loaded with Lancer Modification Parts), 16K and 2002 Dodge Ram 1500, of course extras to boot, 9K. Full coverage on all three, $500 deductible and renters insurance in Portland, Oregon, $305 and just went to $335 but for both of us.

Change companies or tuff it out?

I still think that's high. My boyfriends 2013 Wrangler was stickered at $34k. My 2012 RA was stickered at $29k. We're only paying $157 a month for both vehicles. Full coverage. $500 deductible. We both have points on our license. I have 1 point left over from a 4 point speeding ticket. And I'm pretty sure my boyfriend has 1 point also, left over from a 4 point speeding ticket.

I have Geico, and I'm paying $160/month for my car. Not to bad if you ask me.

Me i have farmers.. First year its just 80 per month.. After 2 years its now 100 a month.. Dont know why it increases..

I have geico and I'm 20 yrs old driving a es and they charge me 220$ a month but was 300$ cheaper compared to other places, clean record I guess my age is the problem

2011 es but they were cheaper than any other place I quoted at

My insurance now is 94$ a month.. 21st century

Wow, jhadzei has a great rate for one car. "21st century"

I bet it also has to do with how many Lancers wreck their car per where we live.

I just need more time to shop around. I work dusk till dawn basically, no time to visit 9 to 5 people for a true quote.

I have USAA, $132/mo full coverage on my Lancer with no deductible and I'm only 20 with a clean driving record.

^wtf west when I had them they charged me 309 a month and I have a clean record too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^wtf west when I had them they charged me 309 a month and I have a clean record too

Really?? What was your coverage set too?

I'd walk if someone tried to charge me over $300 a month. I pay $143 with full coverage through Nationwide on my GT and I'm 27 with multiple speeding tickets, lol.

Wes it was full coverage

Wes it was full coverage

Dang man, that's weird. I wonder why you were paying so much more.

Just had to do the insurance switch here, from, $1400/6mos with State Farm, to half that with GEICO. 2012 SE, but living in Vegas I think we're considered "high risk." 25, have had speeding/proof of insurance tickets, but they're not on record due to taking the driving school deal. Got sick of using my parents' small town address & mom misplacing the cards/statements/etc. all the time - when I was doing that, it was at ~$650/6mos with State Farm. LV cars get stolen a lot I think

Full coverage, high minimums (100k/300k bodily injury) mandated by the note holder. $500 deductibles though which is nice. Miss State Farm, had some nice perks, but they just wouldn't go lower. Anyone under a note, do the check to make sure you've got the minimums they want - I got a nice letter which prompted this whole fluff up.