JukEboX

Jukebox's New In Blue (Blue Dragon)

282 posts in this topic

The chrome lower grille garnish comes with the chrome package. What's interesting is that your car doesn't have the chrome mirrors, or door handles that usually come with that package. I guess the original owner could have removed those or just bought the lower grille from an alternate source.

The chrome lower grille garnish comes with the chrome package. What's interesting is that your car doesn't have the chrome mirrors, or door handles that usually come with that package. I guess the original owner could have removed those or just bought the lower grille from an alternate source.

I would love to find out where. I can't find any information on it.

UPDATE: Stereo Installation Project (Part 1)

Well I finally got everything I needed to get my stereo installed. All the things I purchased and am using will be listed at the end of the the project so stay tuned.

Let's get started.

First off the stereo I am using is a Pioneer single DIN head unit which I had in my old car and was brand new when my car died on me. So I took it out and kept it with me. Also my amp is also going into the new car form the old one. So where did I start?

Well I started with the Amp. After searching through the trunk of my car I found the RCA cables and the power cables from the previous owner. I also opened up my dash to make room for my head unit and didn't find the RCA cables so I was a little confused. After returning to the trunk I grabbed the RCA cables and traced it through my drivers side I found a level Fierce Audio FILC20V2 Line Level Converter.

Fierce Audio Audio Level Converter

This helps make sure the audio is leveled correctly on both sides of the car. After going through some forums and asking what I did I bypassed the little box and ran a new cable from the trunk to the dash under the column on the driver's side of the car.

Clarion Amp

After running the cable I installed the wire harness for the radio connecting it to an Axxess ASWC-1 which will allow me to use my audio controls on the steering wheel to control my radio. Also took the microphone that goes with my stereo and ran it under the roof carpet, down the drivers side column and to the stereo.

Microphone Location

After running the wires I used the existing stereo braces to mount my stereo.

Stereo Mounting

Now the stereo was in it was time put it all back into the dash and put the dash back together.

Final Head Unit Installation

END PART 1.

UPDATE: Stereo Installation Project (Part 2)

Ok so here is the fun part. Here is where we install all the good stuff. And by good stuff I let me give you an idea of the "Good Stuff" .

Speakers To Install

It has been many years since I saw this whole set up and ever since then I knew I wanted the whole collection. I have had just the 6x5s and 6x9s before in my two other cars but none of the rest. Here we go.

First I started on my back 2 doors. I took the panels off and found 2 kicker KS600 speakers. They fit quite perfectly into the the doors pretty well.

Back Speakers

First thing I did was to clip off the connection wires to the wire harness for the speakers. The person who installed these just plugged wires into the harness with no securing. So I wired the speaker connection wires first.

Old Wires Connected To New Wires

Next I need to run wires to the speaker for the Illuminite feature. For this I took the knuckle off the door which holds the wires for the door.

Door Elbow

Before you do this be sure to disconnected the door harness.

Elbow Harness

Pull the knuckle off the door and the main body.

Elbow Removed

Next I used a coat hanger (thanks to my neighbor) to push the positive and negative wires through the knuckle.

Running Wires

When your done you put the knuckle back on the door with the wires in it and now had the power wires I needed on the door.

Close Elbow

Now because the car has a slide on plastic harness to fit on the door for speakers. One Problem. Can you tell what it is?

Old And New Speakers

Old Kickers

Yeah that's right. My speakers are bigger. The cage for the speaker is too big for the hole in the door. Soooooo...............

LETS BREAK OUT THE DREMEL!!!

First we cut off the area and expose a larger area of the hole.

Speaker Hole

Cut Clips

Then using the dremel and a screw driver cut the rest of circle and either cut off the extra pieces of cut enough that you can push them and roll them back into the door.

New Hole

I had to do this for all 4 of the doors. Even more so because the plastic holder in the front doors were larger and were holding Polk Audio Speakers.

Polk Speakers

Again I had to run the power wires through the knuckles and rewire the audio cables because they were just plugged into wire harnesses.

Speaker Wires

New Wires Run

Driver Side Dash

The front doors were a little more work because I had to fit the wires for the tweeters. For the tweeter speakers to fit I had to cut out alot of the inner holder of the tweeter to get mine to fit.

Tweeter Speaker Area Cut

Then using a cut in the plastic and a screw from the original harness I was able to get my tweeter held into the tweeter speaker mount.

Tweeter Installed

Then I ran the speaker wires to the tweeter speaker wires, connected the newly run illuminite power wires that are going through to elbow to the tweeter illuminite wires, and mounted the tweeter box on the door. That is the small box on the left.

Drivers Side Door

Finally I connected the speaker wires and the illuminite wires.

New Speakers Connected

I then drilled 4 new holes for mounting the speakers and put them in. (Drilled and mounted all 4 speakers)

Speaker Installed

Finally put the subs in the trunk and plugged them into the amp and put in the Illuminite wires.

Subs Installed

Subs In

I then began running the power wires for the Illuminite system. All wires ran through the floor columns on either side of the car and converged on the drivers side back seat. There they all came together. The power cable ran to the trunk and through the trunk door elbow to the parking light bulb. (One thing I realized after was that since I have LEDs in the parking light the power light that connects to the parking light pushes enough extra electricity that when I hit my breaks the break lights give some extra juice and dimly light the illuminite system even with the parking light off. That's ok.)

Finally I connected all the ground wires to the ground screw mounted the back seat bolt. So all the wires are running to one point and I don't have multiple locations to check for if something went wrong.

Ground

Now it was just time to wait for dark and test out the Illuminite.

Drivers Seat

Driver's Seat

Tweeters

Tweeters

Dash And Speakers

Dash

Subs Night Time

Subs

As in my previous cars I used the illuminite to double as an accent as well as being able to light up the foot wells of all the seats of my car. And they are not overly bright so i can drive and still enjoy the glow.

Door Speakers

And so that completes the entire install. Hope you enjoyed.

Tools Used:

2x Spools 25' 16 gauge Wire (Red & Black)

Dremel Tool With Cutter Blade

Drill

Electrical Tape

Dual 12" BP1204 1100-Watt Subwoofer Box

Dual 1" TS10 Soft Dome Tweeters

Dual 6.5" TS65 140-Watt 3 Way Speakers

Axxess ASWC-1 Module

Lancer 08-12 Dash Kit

Time Taken:

2 Days

Any questions or issues let me know :)

UPDATE:

Finally I put in a new shifter knob. Considering I have a CVT I had to tape and drill a hole in the rubber stoppers for it to stay. Took a bit of time to stay but I got it to work.

New Know

New Know

New Knob (Lights On)

New Know (Lights On)

Tools Used:

Pilot Motorsports PM-2105M Shifter Knob

Time Taken:

45 Minutes

RUBBER GROMMETS!!! Thats genius! I've been wanting a new shift knob for a while now and I have the pull off kind so thats what I'll do. Drill out the threads from a new shift knob and stuff in so rubber stoppers to keep it steady.

hows that holding up?

RUBBER GROMMETS!!! Thats genius! I've been wanting a new shift knob for a while now and I have the pull off kind so thats what I'll do. Drill out the threads from a new shift knob and stuff in so rubber stoppers to keep it steady.

hows that holding up?

In the package for my new knob there were 5 rubber spacers for if I had different size poles from the original knob. I took the 3rd from the closest one and put the 2nd under that and the one that fit the best under that. I then taped them all together to form a tower. I then drilled a hole in the bottom 2 slots so that it would pass through the first and 2nd stopper and hit the third. With the one on the bottom being the best fit it keeps it from bobbling back and forth. The pressure of the holes for the other 2 keep it in place pretty well. I then screwed in the screws and secured the bottom. So far so good. Nice and strong. There is a small bit of give but it still very strong. I can take it apart and show picture if you need me too.

I think I get what you were saying. So this isn't a know for a manual shifter?

It is aftermarket, I had found it on Ebay

It is aftermarket, I had found it on Ebay

I found mine in Autozone ;)

I think I get what you were saying. So this isn't a know for a manual shifter?

According to the official packaging this is a shifter knob for a manual. With all the pieces in the box and some tape I was able to make a manual shifter work on a CVT. Need pictures?

Took the car to the beach for a quick shoot.

Beach Shots

Past Sandy Hook Event & Present

Beach Shots

Beach Shots

Beach Shots

Beach Shots

It Is True...

Weeeee new stickers are here!

PL Stickers Install

PL Stickers Install

And took a picture of the cabin. Blue from head to toe. Need a better camera for night light shots.

Blue From Head To Toe

not exactly blue from head to toe. more like just head. get an interior blue conversion from me ;) and you'll have it. lol

not exactly blue from head to toe. more like just head. get an interior blue conversion from me ;) and you'll have it. lol

Haha true. But this picture doesn't show the foot well illumination. :)

Oh well in that case head to toe lol. Now for the middle

Oh well in that case head to toe lol. Now for the middle

Soon enough :)

Parked in the cool section at work today

This Is Where The Cool Kids Park

:P

After a wash

Xenons on

Everything off

Nice, lol I should start back modding, I haven't done so in awhile, but check this out from last year

Nice, lol I should start back modding, I haven't done so in awhile, but check this out from last year

Where are they wired to? Seperate power source or head lights?

The COB led strips were wired to my fuse box, they powered on as soon as I turned my key, the Purple LEDs were wired to my headlights

Hmm. Any idea what the wire pipe going across the top of the bumper is for? Headlights? If so I am going to use that for anotehr project.

Wire pipe? where?

Will take a picture and post it.

Picked up the pain. More progress and maybe a How to tomorrow.

I love how you put how tos in your progress thread