JukEboX

Security Question

20 posts in this topic

Ok so I know on the fuse box there is a spot for security horn. When I lock my doors with the remote I don't hear a honk. Could that be because the fuse for the hose is missing or could it be that the security system isn't working or there is none? Can anyone help me out? I did put the fuse in and no nose what so ever. Looking for some ideas?

Have you tried clicking the lock button twice fast?

1 click locks doors

2 clicks fast locks and arms

if you wanted to test the alarm, lock the doors with the remote and then manually open the door with lock outside

Most likely have the horn feature turned off... Your owners manual has instructions on how to turn it on. Just make sure you follow it carefully.

Most likely have the horn feature turned off... Your owners manual has instructions on how to turn it on. Just make sure you follow it carefully.

My car didn't come with a manual. Do you have one? Can you post a picture of that part of the manual for me?

Thank you very much. I know this sounds weird but can you also take a picture of the part of the book with the information for the cabin fuse box? I can't find that anywhere for the life of me.

Sweet thanks.

awesome! did u get your horn to work?

I haven't had a chance to try it out. I will try again tomorrow when I get home. I was working on pictures for a tutorial.

awesome! did u get your horn to work?

Ok I am a little confused by the manual. I tried the hold and release method but i am confused about the chimes. I don't have the mult communication system so my key does not chime. I did put he 20Amp Fuse back in the box for the theft horn but when I hit lock on the car it doesn't make a noise. Still a little confused.

MY 2010 es there is a horn behind passenger side strut tower. I think that's where the horn is located for alarm. Check to see if u have a horn there. I will go take a pick of where mine is located once rain stops

Also on dash near hazard button when u lock door with remote do u see a red flashing light if not then system isn't working

MY 2010 es there is a horn behind passenger side strut tower. I think that's where the horn is located for alarm. Check to see if u have a horn there. I will go take a pick of where mine is located once rain stops

Also on dash near hazard button when u lock door with remote do u see a red flashing light if not then system isn't working

I need to check for the horn, that picture will help, but the flashing red light does come on when I lock the car.

2hd661k.jpg Its got the black connector with yellow wire. I know i hear mine beep from there. Dont know if thats the problem

Have you tried clicking the lock button twice fast?

1 click locks doors

2 clicks fast locks and arms

if you wanted to test the alarm, lock the doors with the remote and then manually open the door with lock outside

I normally do 2 clicks to lock and arm the car. No Alarm

20140515_202005_zpscsu8g3ke.jpg

20140515_202042_zpsvxtv0g0u.jpg

I am a little confused by the directions. Can someone dumb them down?

I have to check for the horn again but the red light does work. I am not sure why there is no chime or horn.

Your probably following the instructions correctly... There is a note on the left side of the page saying to close your doors and dont put the key in the ignition. But basically all you do is Press the lock button for 5 seconds, while still holding down on the lock button press the unlock button for 5 seconds.After 5 seconds release both buttons. Repeat this until you hear 4 chimes. The chimes sound just like the chime when u leave your keys while opening the driver side door.

Your probably following the instructions correctly... There is a note on the left side of the page saying to close your doors and dont put the key in the ignition. But basically all you do is Press the lock button for 5 seconds, while still holding down on the lock button press the unlock button for 5 seconds.After 5 seconds release both buttons. Repeat this until you hear 4 chimes. The chimes sound just like the chime when u leave your keys while opening the driver side door.

Chimes as in bells or horns? My car has never made a noise like that ever since I bought it.

Chimes as in bells or horns? My car has never made a noise like that ever since I bought it.

Awesome! That did it thanks!

haha i guess i didnt read what i wrote down! Atleast you got it working now!

haha i guess i didnt read what i wrote down! Atleast you got it working now!

Sure did! Thanks ^_^