GOOFY

Goofy's 2011 White Ralliart

50 posts in this topic

Hi Guys i bought a 2011 with Salvage title in the NJ area;
the car looked badly hurt but actually the chassis seems to be OK (just below the drivers area has a bent) so i just need to change mostly parts and labor of paint and changing them, it's the model with Sunroof and it has no extras or if it had them the previous owner took them out before handling the car to the insurance company, for example:
- no spoiler but had the holes for the EVO X spoiler
- no front bumper or headlights (lost in crash)
- it has 16" inch rims in it (some eclipse black rims)

i have a lot of things to buy and change, so what I did was to buy another lancer for parts, this one a rolled over 2010 GTS

below are the arts i need to have for the RA:

- front driver side door - got it including inside panel
- driver side roof airbag - got it
- driver seat has airbag deployed and its leather interior - Got it.
- SRS ECU - i could reset the oem one but i got another one not needed to be reset
- roof headliner - going to try to fix the one from the GTS
- spoiler i will definitely put the EVO X high one! (from ebay)
- headlights - for now i will use the GTS ones
- front bumper - got an EVO look front bumper (needs paint) its ebay type.
- wheels - i have the XXR 519 in 18" and fortunatly seems like the still have the TPMS in them!
- new windshield (got a crack on the current one)
- new transmission oil cooler - got it from the GTS

- transmission oil filter assy - NEED THIS!!!!! :left:
- bought an EVO X intercooler, intercooler pipes (up & lower) and EVO X BOV.
- the roof is paintewrapped matte black would i would take it back to white
- HID will be installed on the headlights and if possible on Fog lights
- it has single exhaust already installed, i have to change the test pipe (i actually like the dual exhaust more but for new single is OK)
- coilovers all the way around are D2 on the rear, don't rememeber which on the front so it has D' drop.
- Got the OEM Navi N-03 from the GTS so this will be the first thing when i get the car in Florida.

- few inside trims are going to be modded so i will mod the GTS ones and keep the OEM as spare.

- AC condenser is OK but it looks hit so i will put the GTS and still save the other one just in case i need it.

- Side markers - got them from the GTS

- rear bumper reflectors - going to use the GTS ones for an OEM look

- rear tail lights from the RA have some vinyl on them so i will clean them and use the best ones between those and the GTS ones

- many other parts i will just check out which ones looks newer and use it.

i will put pictures of the car AS IS so you can see the before and After.
- future plans are to get the 2 recaro front seats
- i'm a full fan of Car Audio so for sure i will do some upgrades to the oem system

comments and suggestions are welcome and if somebody knows where or have some parts also let me know; i'm traying to save as more as possible, obviously the repair and parts will cost double what i paid for the car!

the 2010 GTS parts will be sold ( i will open a post as soon as i got the permission to do so) because obviusly there are many parts i will not use or can't use, such as: (correct me if i'm wrong)

- 2.4 engine (has anybody done a block swap to the RA to make them 2.4 turbo AWD?)

- CVT Tranny

- Paddle shifter and the shifter (because i have mines!)

- brakes

- axles

- doors (i will keep the drivers one)

- trunk (mine is already white)

- rear bumper is in perfect condition but mine is already painted and has the RA difuser on it.

- the seats are in mint condition except for the drivers that has No Airbag

regards,

G.

Where are the pics?

how i got the car

12614573_2_I1111.jpg

20140426_132854.jpg

20140426_132929.jpg

20140426_133116.jpg

20140426_133313.jpg

the Part i need (look at the assy where its broken)

20140426_132956.jpg

the bumper i got (Evo X look)

00000_5uj_Sk_QCWLc_F_600x450.jpg

00_V0_V_ktoc5c59k_V9_600x450.jpg

00_Z0_Z_2_J3_Dw_EQOYa_600x450.jpg

the donor car:

20140514_142034.jpg

20140514_142053.jpg

20140514_150319.jpg

20140519_161248.jpg

20140519_161453.jpg

20140519_161623.jpg

regards,

G.

Where are the pics?

done, i was going to edit them so i could take the other name from the donor cars pics,

but i will change them when the guy at the shop send me new pictures next week.

so far the car is untouched until next week that i will receive the quote on labor since most of the parts i alreadyhave.

regards,

G.

Lol, thats Kamals old car. I hope you're ready cause not many people on here liked him. No idea why, hes always been chill.

Looks like it's going to be a cool project!

HahahH i don' t know kamal, actually this car was auctioned in IAAI and i got it from a dealer that won it on the bidding

I'm from Florida so i don't think i will actually meet kamal either; since the car will be based in Miami. Hahaha

Its kind of cool project since the car actually is not as hurt as it looks and with all the parts it should end ok!

If i sell it i will like to go for an evo X but the one with SST as well .

Maybe somebody knows the owner from the gray GTS that one was also got from the same dealers as Kamals old car

Regards,

G.

Learn something about the lancer platform before you try to get an evo..

Dude wish I was in fl I would get those passenger side doors from you along with the skirts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i've had some racer cars before then.................. i got married lol! hahaha so know i'm retaking little by little that hobby

Kyledudeck my car is being repair in Clinton NJ so you may be able to pick up the passenger door,

but the sideskirts i have to use them, because the white one has them all destroyed on the drivers side and not sure

how the passenger looks, either ways i will put the 2 from the GTS just to avoid any damaged parts in the rebuilding of the RA.

Lol, thats Kamals old car. I hope you're ready cause not many people on here liked him. No idea why, hes always been chill.

A. Nobody is going to hate on him because he bought Kamal's old car. How would he even know who he is?

B. How can you say you have NO idea why nobody likes him? Hes been banned from SEVERAL websites for either stiffing people on things, or straight or scamming people. And lets not forget the shit talking.

People can definitely be chill. They can be asshats at the same time too.

This is one hell of a project my friend. I hope you rebuild it to its rightful glory.

I wasn't sure if it was his or not. I don't remember it getting wrecked that badly.

thanks for the welcome @TheDude; i will try my best to build it as clean as possible and thennnnn proceed with some mods,

so far the mods will be bolt on things, i need a daily drive so i will try to get it as soon as money let's me! hahahaha

about the wreck, i saw a post from Kamal and according to what i saw in the pictures and what kamal posted i can tell you:

the car hit something and slide and got into a water hydrant, and knocked it down and also run over it, so the first wreck only hurt bumper and headlights, the hydrant hit the door (opened a hole in it) hit the frame, deployed side airbags, bent the test pipe, and beside that he manage to take a lot of parts before the car was auctioned such as spoiler, IC Pipes, Iintercooler, and also the towing did not help look at my tranny oil filter plus No oil cooler was found.

when you add all those things the cheapest way i had was buying the donor car and then sell some parts to at least save some $$ for the labor.

as theDude said is a bigggg project but lets go slowly and nice!

thanks for any support from you guys!

regards,

G.

i dont like those XXR 519 wheels but since i have to save some money first i will stay with them and then i will like to have something like the TE37 concaves on white

now i have 2 woofers and 2 OEM amplifiers, so in about a month or 2 i will test them both and keep one

ot maybe sell them both, i will keep you guys posted, but first i have to check them to see their working condition.

so for now they will stay as equiped in the RA.

20140519_164025.jpg

This is the 6 disc changer from the RA, its actually coming out and will put the OEM Navi in from the GTS,

in about 45 days i will travel to NJ to get my RA and also will stay 1 day taking out from the GTS whats left for sale

mostly of the big parts from the GTS will remain in the shop in NJ because i won't be paying to ship that GTS motor, tranny to Miami.

since i don't have use for them i prefere to sell them from NJ. ( i will save that shipping cost)

20140521_145541.jpg

and this are the XXR 519 from the GTS, they are 18" and have the TPMS in them, so when i sell them i will have to keep the TPMS

and possible the tires if i'm not going to put 19"s (haven't decided this yet)

in this picture you can actually see the GTS brakes which i will not use either, since the RA has better brakes.

20140521_150935.jpg

20140521_150951.jpg

20140521_151018.jpg

20140521_151027.jpg

tomorrow i will have more pictures, since its the day when the RA will begin to be stripped down to check which parts

are coming from the GTS to the RA.

regards,

G.

This is gonna be interesting. Good luck with the project broseph.

thanks man, actually being so far from where its being repaired makes it a bit more expensive,

since for example all the parts that can be swap from the GTS to the RA, i could done them myself,

but i actually thrust the person who is doing the job (he is a friend and also has done jobs before for my cars)

actually he will give me the car painted and running, the navi, wheels, projectors, engine detailing, interior cleaning

and all those kind of stuff will be done by me once i get the car.

any suggestions are welcome!

regards,

G.

Finally Day 1 began from the reborn process, i know is not going to be worked everyday bu i have to get the job done as fast as money allows! lol

so today i gave the GO to the shop and they began working on my car, first of all the door and frame hit (the rest is easier)

first cut off to take the frame cover out and take a look at the frame and pull out the hit!

actually the frame did not suffered as we were thinking so that's some good news.

IMG_3801.jpg

Now to pull that bent part out and the begin soldering the new frame cover piece.

IMG_3769.jpg

After a little work........ guess who has a new front door! (this came from the donor car)

it has like 4 dents so they are going to be repaired before painting.

IMG_2115.jpg

hope that if not tomorrow next week i have some more pictures, i sold a few pieces already

from the donor car so it already began look as a part supplier car! hahahaha

after this part is finished, they will begin with the from hit (radiator support is going to be changed)

so at the end i think the only part that's going to be repaired are the frame cover (i wish nothing else comes up)

regards,

G.

cool to see you taking up this challenge. that is a long road ahead, but im sure it'll be worth it in the end. nice pics too

new frame on, just waiting for the rest of details to be fix to paint everything at once!

IMG_0163.jpg

the bumper is already painted black so that will save painting the center part of it, so now just to apply the white,

the hood was bent and we did not notice that, he try to repair it but seems that previous owner already had done

some repair to it so i was not going to work and look good, so decided to Buy a new hood and the EVO X tall spoiler!

as soon as i get more pictures from the shop i will post them

regards,

G.

Awesome project! cannot wait to see more!. where do you get these wrecks? any specific site?

I forgot about this thread, lol, whatever happened to this project?

Awesome project! cannot wait to see more!. where do you get these wrecks? any specific site?

The shop where i buy the cars buys from copart or iaai but the 2 cars came from iaai.com

I forgot about this thread, lol, whatever happened to this project?

Actually :

Yesterday the tranny filter, tranny filter assy, thermostat and oil filter arrived so thats something i do needed to be able to star the car and try it to see if everything works fine, still to buy the oil, antifreeze and the tranny oil as well

And also yesterday i got an evo x hood and tall spoiler so i think the shop car begin assembling the front end if the car, so possibly next week i should have new pictures.

Best regards,

G.

The site is down :(