aberg2011

Automatic "normal" Setting Shifting Problem

5 posts in this topic

(I posted this in another thread earlier today before I found this one)

Hi guys I'm new to PL and I hope I can figure out if there is or isn't something wrong with my SST or ECU. So I just recently got a 2011 Lancer RA with 40K miles and it's been great, and the only mods that it has is a drop in K&N air filter and a full magnaflow cat back exhaust. So recently it has been really hot and humid where I live and I noticed that my car is not shifting up and down as smoothly as it has been while in automatic. For example, sometimes while I'm just driving casually along instead of automatically shifting up at 3K rpm which it used to do, it'll rev all the way to like 4500rpm or 5k rpm and then shift into the next gear and sometimes bog a little. Also the car usually down shifts at a relatively low rpm while I am slowing down, but recently while I driving it down shifts at a much higher rpm and it's been bogging a lot at low rpm. I hope that someone can help me figure out what is going on I love my car it kills me to be having problems after only a few weeks. Thanks a lot.

sounds like you're clutch packs are slipping. when is the last time the transmission fluid was changed if ever?

(I posted this in another thread earlier today before I found this one)

Hi guys I'm new to PL and I hope I can figure out if there is or isn't something wrong with my SST or ECU. So I just recently got a 2011 Lancer RA with 40K miles and it's been great, and the only mods that it has is a drop in K&N air filter and a full magnaflow cat back exhaust. So recently it has been really hot and humid where I live and I noticed that my car is not shifting up and down as smoothly as it has been while in automatic. For example, sometimes while I'm just driving casually along instead of automatically shifting up at 3K rpm which it used to do, it'll rev all the way to like 4500rpm or 5k rpm and then shift into the next gear and sometimes bog a little. Also the car usually down shifts at a relatively low rpm while I am slowing down, but recently while I driving it down shifts at a much higher rpm and it's been bogging a lot at low rpm. I hope that someone can help me figure out what is going on I love my car it kills me to be having problems after only a few weeks. Thanks a lot.

Dude, I'm having the same exact problem, word for word. Even sometimes when I shift it myself it won't shift until I get above 3k rpm's and down shift at really high rpm's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40K miles = 10K miles overdue on tranny fluid maintenance

Yeah tramsmission fluid check if the fluid blackish it's time to change it