notaevo_sam

How To Remove The Silver Trim Around The Rpm And Mph Gauges

76 posts in this topic

you have to take the radio facing completely out ill make a step guide on how to do that it takes time but very easy

Ok cool thanks!

Ok cool. thanks girl.

Your welcome glad I could help

mine won't come off grrrrrrrrrrrrr >:0

I did this on my old GTS a couple years ago, I loved the way it turned out:

IMG_1688.jpg

Looks like yours turned out pretty good too!

Did you do yours in Rotor Glow?

How did you do that?

Did you do yours in Rotor Glow?

Yep, I ordered the paint from a website. I think it was automotivetouchup.com, it was a perfect match. I sprayed a layer of plastidip, some silver, rotorglow, and then some clear coat. They turned out great! And we're removable. I did the gauge rings, steering wheel controls, and shifter garnish

I did this on my old GTS a couple years ago, I loved the way it turned out:

IMG_1688.jpg

Looks like yours turned out pretty good too!

How did you get the silver off on the steering wheel to paint it??

Anybody wants their stuff painted, or vinyled. I can do it

How did you get the silver off on the steering wheel to paint it??

There is a screw behind each piece. Get your steering wheel to a point where you can get a screwdriver back there, the angle can be a bit tough. Then once the screw is out, you have to unplug them from your steering wheel, after you get the assemblies completely removed there are screws holding the silver face onto the buttons and contacts (there are three little black screws on the back of the assemblies if I remember correctly, it has been a couple years since I did it). From there the faces can then be removed! My audio controls had been having issues so I cleaned the contacts behind the buttons while the assemblies where apart. Good luck!

Here is a different angle:

IMG_0444_zpsa473c484.jpg

There is a screw behind each piece. Get your steering wheel to a point where you can get a screwdriver back there, the angle can be a bit tough. Then once the screw is out, you have to unplug them from your steering wheel, after you get the assemblies completely removed there are screws holding the silver face onto the buttons and contacts (there are three little black screws on the back of the assemblies if I remember correctly, it has been a couple years since I did it). From there the faces can then be removed! My audio controls had been having issues so I cleaned the contacts behind the buttons while the assemblies where apart. Good luck!

IMG_0444_zpsa473c484.jpg

Thanks man ima have to try it this weekend! ill post pics when finished

Ive played around changing it but ended up just leaving it blacknegajuzy.jpg

i need this in my life, where the video?

i need this in my life, where the video?

this super old vid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_0444_zpsa473c484.jpg

Man that looks sharp. Would look even sharper in my car painted blue to match it. Hmmm...

Man that looks sharp. Would look even sharper in my car painted blue to match it. Hmmm...

Do it! Do it! Do it! haha

Do it! Do it! Do it! haha

My fiancé doesn't like you very much right now lol.

My fiancé doesn't like you very much right now lol.

Haha, if I told my wife about any of the things I wanted to do before I did them she'd just roll her eyes at me. I would just do them and then show her and she liked most of them, she doesn't quite have the vision I do. I wouldn't exactly recommend spending a bunch of money and not telling your fiance, but something small isn't going to hurt. Now that I have a kid on the way there is not much of a car fund left! haha

Im having issues with my trim coming off. Did you just grab from the outside and just pull? Even with a pry mine feels tight.

Hey guys what kind of paint did you all use?

Also what do you guys thing would be better painting it blue or black for a black car?

Looks interesting may have to try this out on mine, but I'm covering mine in red carbon fiber

Looks interesting may have to try this out on mine, but I'm covering mine in red carbon fiber

^ take some pictures when your done. I want to use red carbon fiber too.

Will do, gotta order my cf with my next paycheck

Ive played around changing it but ended up just leaving it blackmevu5yda.jpgnegajuzy.jpg

Off topic question how did you paint your interior logo, was it plastidip?