notaevo_sam

How To Remove The Silver Trim Around The Rpm And Mph Gauges

76 posts in this topic

Off topic question how did you paint your interior logo, was it plastidip?

yes then I just painted it . It super easy to take off steering wheel tape around and paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes then I just painted it . It super easy to take off steering wheel tape around and paint

I have an es was doing the front logo hard? I'm using red plastidip but it's not working well, I can't get it perfect.. Any color suggestion I have the dark grey car

Did you use plasti clear?

Off topic question how did you paint your interior logo, was it plastidip?

I have an es was doing the front logo hard? I'm using red plastidip but it's not working well, I can't get it perfect.. Any color suggestion I have the dark grey car

Did you use plasti clear?

do you mean the grille?

I did this on my old GTS a couple years ago, I loved the way it turned out:

IMG_1688.jpg

Looks like yours turned out pretty good too!

Is this Rotor Glow color match? I have been wanting to match mine but have not had the chance just yet.

Is this Rotor Glow color match? I have been wanting to match mine but have not had the chance just yet.

Yep, bought the aerosol can from automotivetouchup.com

Yes

Yeah I took off grille then sprayed it 72d96048ee78d5bdae89abeb90d56a11.jpg4ede8d32dc3149592aff2ff93f0cadb3.jpg

post-5553-14192194117232_thumb.jpg

post-5553-14192194219324_thumb.jpg

Yeah I took off grille then sprayed it 72d96048ee78d5bdae89abeb90d56a11.jpg4ede8d32dc3149592aff2ff93f0cadb3.jpg

Wanna a post a how to on how to remove it?

Is that reflective blue?!?!

Is that reflective blue?!?!

Anodized and yeah I'll make a how to later and post

Tried painting this stuff and even after washing them and lightly sanding them the paint wouldn't stick and ran maybe there was still a little armor all left or something but I resanded the steering wheel controls and painted again and they turned out alright I didn't have enough time tonight to sand and repaint the gauge surround though

755c57df1edd563895af8655830fb351.jpg

60791d01c49bae81edaa2b873a56c46a.jpg

How did you make the mitsu emblem blue?? Did you take it off?

Tried painting this stuff and even after washing them and lightly sanding them the paint wouldn't stick and ran maybe there was still a little armor all left or something but I resanded the steering wheel controls and painted again and they turned out alright I didn't have enough time tonight to sand and repaint the gauge surround though

755c57df1edd563895af8655830fb351.jpg

60791d01c49bae81edaa2b873a56c46a.jpg

Did you use primer?

How did you make the mitsu emblem blue?? Did you take it off?

on the grille or steering wheel?

i'm wondering about the wheel myself

999296a4294519c216cf1556683d24d0.jpg

f398c8c417ecafbc802749a154a448c3.jpg

i used some cheap spray i got from work, no real prep and it came out pretty good.....

On the steering wheel

On the steering wheel

You'll have disconnect battery and remove air bag two t screws and disconnect air bag then just tape and spray

The black looks amazing! My car is tarmac black so I think it would suite it best. I may have to try this real soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has done this personally on a 2014 or 15 , I have a 2015 and can't seem to just pop the silver trim off . I went and talked to the mechanic at the Mitsubishi dealer and he told me its all part of the dash and I would have to disassemble starting from the passenger side over witch I thought was rediculous so I don't really trust his word but he still made me skeptical to just yank and pull on it without knowing forsure so any help or know how would be appreciated !

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone has done this personally on a 2014 or 15 , I have a 2015 and can't seem to just pop the silver trim off . I went and talked to the mechanic at the Mitsubishi dealer and he told me its all part of the dash and I would have to disassemble starting from the passenger side over witch I thought was rediculous so I don't really trust his word but he still made me skeptical to just yank and pull on it without knowing forsure so any help or know how would be appreciated !

I did this on a 2014, it took a lot of effort to pull it off so I tried a few different times.

I actually tried just yanking it off and it wouldn't come off. It might be because I was hesitant to use more force but it's actually pretty stuck in there.

Can someone make a video of how to remove rpm and mph gauge please! I have a 2013 lancer and im having a hard time trying to take it off

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk