the_prodigy

Having Fun With My Car

176 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, WilliamG said:

Ahhhh that sexy front bumper of yours. I want. Clean ride man

Thanks man, I think i saw VIS making a fiberglass version of it its the a spec basically a copy for lancers of the fq400 for the evo i believe carid has it, dont know how the fitment is but from experience i can tell you fiberglass sucks as a front bumper you want something flexible like pp material

On Tuesday, February 02, 2016 at 11:30 PM, WilliamG said:
On Tuesday, February 02, 2016 at 3:46 AM, the_prodigy said:

http://%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/marcodenim/Mobile Uploads/2016-02-06 17.45.31_zpsjzwha5e3.jpg

Started doing my trims metallic res looks awesome ive also got some 5d carbon fiber vinyl coming in it looks pretty damn good for vinyl

So i ordered the "evo x v3 fenders" from extreme dimensions. I got to say with all the negative feedback you hear from them i was expecting a lot worse but they turned out great the right side fenders was almost perfect a bit of sanding here and there the left side one was a biy harder to fit and even now i still have to eventually work on it the vent covers came with no mesh and no way to attach them onto the fenders so im still trying to figure out what im going to use a attachements they needed a bit of sanding nothing major thought heres a few pics 

20160222_121911_zps0kerkzuy.jpg 10392324_10153161058630432_6870713459759

20160222_121855_zpspotfctmm.jpg

the front of youre car looks sick. with that bumper and fenders. and man that's one sexy hood

35 minutes ago, Remko_S said:

the front of youre car looks sick. with that bumper and fenders. and man that's one sexy hood

Thanks man, ive got a few goodies in mind for the rear and sides. Also thinking a different plastidip color would be cool just don't know what to go with just yet

Out of interest, where did that FQ400 bumper come from? 

5 hours ago, LukePilot152 said:

Out of interest, where did that FQ400 bumper come from? 

The bumper is from malaysia theres a bunch of companies selling it rainbow pen is one of them and i think hes the cheapest, i didnt get it from him chinese friend of mine hooked me up while on a trip shipping is what will cost you the most at least twice what the item will cost you

someone needs a wash. is the car matte? looks good. would look better clean :P

10 hours ago, the_prodigy said:

The bumper is from malaysia theres a bunch of companies selling it rainbow pen is one of them and i think hes the cheapest, i didnt get it from him chinese friend of mine hooked me up while on a trip shipping is what will cost you the most at least twice what the item will cost you

Yeah, I'm a rep for them and I thought it looked familiar haha. I might pick one up, spraying is the big cost though too. Probably at least £150 for a good job over here. 

4 hours ago, LukePilot152 said:

Yeah, I'm a rep for them and I thought it looked familiar haha. I might pick one up, spraying is the big cost though too. Probably at least £150 for a good job over here. 

Really thats awesome ! You're lucky i'd love to be a rep for them and for the paintjob you could always learn or go down the plastidip route

8 hours ago, WhiteHornet said:

Yep it's matte i wash it twice a week minimum i have the damn winter salts they use in quebec to thank for that.

7 hours ago, LukePilot152 said:

lucky you, i'm sure you get pretty good discounts on their items. yeah paint jobs get pricy but if you find the right person you could get away with it cheap it's not metal so the first couple of layers that prevent corrosion and rust are not needed heck you could probably get with just doing a top coat also no serious prepping needed 

10 hours ago, WhiteHornet said:

yeah it's matte i wash my car 2 times a week usually the crazy amount of salt they use in quebec is whats making it look so dirty i hate winters here

On 2/23/2016 at 4:09 PM, the_prodigy said:

yeah it's matte i wash my car 2 times a week usually the crazy amount of salt they use in quebec is whats making it look so dirty i hate winters here

im a few hundred miles south of you so maybe not quite as bad but i totally understand how you feel. thankfully it's been raining a lot

On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 5:23 AM, WhiteHornet said:

:P 20160225_133722_zpshvxdnzvz.jpg

Here's "clean " lol all thanks to the rain we got today free car wash also added the vents i want to change everything to a mettalic red on matte black base my summer wheels will also be red cant wait for summer idk but i'm thinking of adding fender flares rear and maybe even front 20160225_133722_zpshvxdnzvz.jpg

Did you want it to be brown?

20160404_183758_zpsd0uoipsp.jpg

4 hours ago, pontiac69 said:

Did you want it to be brown?

20160404_183758_zpsd0uoipsp.jpg

nope i think brown looks like shit...litterally but i guess we don't often see brown lancers... kind of know why thought lol. The story goes I had about 6 gallons of yellow which i sprayed and it looked good in yellow but the door kept opening and crap got on it and since it's such a light color it takes a ton of it to cover darker areas so that failed miserably i was running out of yellow so figured i'd mix the yellow i had with 2 gallons of red which i had lying around.... it gave me pink.... so i mixed a galon of black and it gave me this.... yep not too happy about this but at least its done

Yea sorry to say poop brown isn't the best color. But you were improvising.  There are so many plasti dip combinations.  Starting with the black base there are so many color shift pearls. Personally I like the ballon white. 

Actually, in daylight, it's not that bad...

I mean, it is not that bad at all, but then the association with poo just kind of sticks when you make it once :-) Would have been much better with more yellow in the mix with metallic/pearl effect for a nice bronze finish.

3 hours ago, trancedrift said:

I mean, it is not that bad at all, but then the association with poo just kind of sticks when you make it once :-) Would have been much better with more yellow in the mix with metallic/pearl effect for a nice bronze finish.

5 hours ago, T-Flash said:

Actually, in daylight, it's not that bad...

Thanks guys but it's still poo colored, picking up 3 gallons of black and spraying it back to what it was i'm thinking of ordering some color shifting pearls and that'll be much more interesting to see i'm also waiting for the boat carrying my fq400 rear bumper and side skirts to come next  week or so it's supposed to be here the 13th but we never know i might start peeling it off now thought the bumper and fenders are not color matched to the rest of the car so it'll look funny but what the hell can't be worse then what it is now

Just a heads up about old plasti dip. I just finished peeling.... or more like stripping the dip off seems most of it was peeling off but a thin layer was stuck to the car like it was baked on it bee  a horrible last couple of days i almost gave up at one point and contacted a plasti dipping company asked for 200 at first then when they saw the half peeled car asked for 300 i got pissed off and left got myself some dip dissolver and removed it with a pressure washer at the local self serve car wash took me close to 2 hours and now seems like my car is extremelly dirty since some of the stripped plasti dip dripped down the car and dried there anyways the big parts done do im somewhat happy im not cruising around with a half peeled car with charcoal brown yellow color it might be the weather that had that effect on it i dont know we have extremelly hot summer and extremelly cold winter here in mtl So just a heads up for people thinking of plasti dipping their rides

Quick update the car is back to being matte black until most probably next week where i'll attempt a chameleon color also got my rear bumper and side skirts which finally came... the wait was long but that rear bumper really adds a mean look to it {option}http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/marcodenim/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04-24%2018.28.58_zpsspbzh43z.jpg[/IMG]

{option}http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee371/marcodenim/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04-24%2018.29.55_zpsejwfuitn.jpg[/IMG]