fastcar123

Calling All Members With Led Or Neon Underglow. I Need Help With My Setup.

23 posts in this topic

Hey all. Ive been looking for this but everywhere Ive found, the pictures are missing. anyway I need help with my LED underglow setup. Ive got a lot of replacement tubes and 2 whole kits. I really enjoy having the underglow, because no one else seems to have it.

Anyway my problem is no matter how I run the wires, they ALWAYS get damaged or yanked out or cut or something. I now have to buy another tube because my wires got yet again yanked out. I always make sure my wires aren't wrapped around any suspension parts or exhaust parts. MY tubes are daisy chained together so then one gets damaged, the following ones go out with it.

So how did you wire it up?

Where and what did you wrap wire around?

any tips to get my setup working again?

any further tips?

Is this trend starting to come back again?

Is this trend starting to come back again?

Its funny you ask that. I was the only one with it for the longest time around my area, but here lately more and more cars have it. I'm pretty sure I restarted that around my area lol

I have a kit but haven't installed it yet

Let me know how you do it

I want to put one in mine too.

The Fast & Furuious underglow making a comback? lols

The Fast & Furuious underglow making a comback? lols

Damn straight

Lol

Y not, I love the under glow.... Just isnt practical for my here with the salt in winter, gravel road ect... But I would love to have some... BTW, Fast and furious may be "gay" for some, but for alot of people, its the movie that got them in the hobby...

Y not, I love the under glow.... Just isnt practical for my here with the salt in winter, gravel road ect... But I would love to have some... BTW, Fast and furious may be "gay" for some, but for alot of people, its the movie that got them in the hobby...

+100000000

I have the ledglow kit installed in my car but no pics on the install

I think I'll put a knight rider type strobe in front of my lancer....lol

http://knight-rider.wikia.com/wiki/K.I.T.T._(2000)?file=KITT2000.jpg

That will be cool

I have the ledglow kit installed in my car but no pics on the install

Can you get pictures of how you strung the wires. I have that same kit and my wires keep damaged

Car is at the shop so I cant get pics at the moment but I used zip ties to keep the wires tucked up high and away from any moving/hot parts

I usually do that too but I'm still having problems with it. Its upsetting becaus ei really like the look of it lol

What about electric tape all the wires so it will help with the heat and tuck away like said earlier.

I've been using zip ties, but that not a bad plan. Electrical tape will allow for more give than zip ties. How would I get up on there to keep them away from everything?

I don't mean using the tape fort that. I mean for the heat

I don't mean using the tape fort that. I mean for the heat

Can you elaborate?

Like when I messed with my wires under my hood for the ecu I wrapped them in electrical tape to help keep the wires away from heat as much. I thought if you wrapped your wires then tried using zip ties to hold them in place they might hold a little better and tighter.

Thats a great idea. I may go and do that with all my wires

I bought a kit that the front and back hooked up together and the sides hooked up separately. but I did have white LED Underglo. what I did might not be the correct way but it works and iv had mine on for atleast 8 months. I ran my wires through the wheel well behind the front tires. it does go through the fender and through the back side of the door. its only noticeable at day when I open my door. but hey, at night, you cant see the imperfections. but its only temporary for now. but I haven't had any problems.