Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fiveandahalf

Mitsu Pulley Recall

76 posts in this topic

So all they replaced on my car was the main belt, and alternator pulley.

id hope the same for me procrastination is a beach

i just took mine in couple days ago to southcoast mitsubishi in costa mesa ca job took about 3 hours. they replaced my main drive belt as welll as all the rest of the pulleys. really cool dealership compared to others.

So I called my dealer, and they said that they no longer sell Mitsubishis. Now the next closest dealer is about an hour and 10 minutes away.....

My pulley is starting to make a squeaky sound. Before this I would've thought it was just getting old, but now I'm thinking its ready to go.

Got my letter a few weeks ago. Making my appointment this week

Recall appointment with the dealer scheduled on the Dec 18. Hopefully they do I good job knowing it will be hard to get a schedule again because of the holidays.

Recall done. The dealer replaced the drive belt. It took 1.5 hrs including a courtesy point inspection.

Had called the only mitsubishi dealership in colorado springs they said the parts where on backorder for several months out and that was like last month lol.I replaced it my self cause I noticed a hole in the drive belt

how come 2012+ arent effected?

how come 2012+ arent effected?

i believe they replaced the belts with the ones they are now putting on for those with recalls with "different material" belts.

still trying to get mine done. called yesterday. still on the "list" parts apparently only come in once maybe twice a week and only 1-3 at a time. my dealership is lame. maybe mitsu only lets them get so many at a time. i can hope anyways...

I have my appointment Wednesday on the fifth. I hope they change everything. Except my aftermarket one.

Never did get this done....

I have my appointment Wednesday on the fifth. I hope they change everything. Except my aftermarket one.

They'll only replace what's visibly worn out, and won't touch your aftermarket stuff.

Never did get this done....

Whatcha waitin for? Gogogogogo

Whatcha waitin for? Gogogogogo

My dealership moved from a 30 minutes drive to a place thats an hour and 15 minutes away.

im still waiting on parts... same ole story here. probably get rid of the lancer before they get parts in...

makes me sad... :cry:

I'm waiting at the dealership right now. They haven't told me anything yet.

Same thing with me they still have me on the "list" since November.

thanks guys makes me feel a little better!! they should have known to have parts on hand before the recalls were sent out

I got mine done they said my pulleys passed but my tensioner didn't so they replaced it.

I finally had mine done on Presidents day. Stealership then proceeded to tell me i needed new rear brake pads at a cost of $275.00. The most i would pay for ceramic pads would be $80.00, how could they charge so much for a 20minute job labor wise is insane.

got it done. they replaced belt , two pulleys and a tensioner. yippeeee

I would highly recommend getting the update completed. I had previous damage occur from my belt jumping 1 tooth several times, which eventually took out my power steering pump bearing. At time of pump failure I had 165,000kms and my warranty was voided so I went aftermarket for the parts. It wasn't until after the recall came out that I was able to figure out why this happened. After I got the recall done a month ago, I submitted my receipts for the new pump and belt installed and I was recently approved by Mitsubishi for a full refund.

FYI, some symptoms I was experiencing prior to pump failure was a burning rubber smell coming from my engine bay and squealing belt at cold start up.

All is good now!

nvm I saw that it doesn't effect my year. doh

Dealer finally called me & told me to take it in. They changed the power steering pulley, tensioner & a new belt.