Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smithyyy123

Intake Fitment Question

11 posts in this topic

My buddy has a lancer es/de idk lol I have a gt he wants my injen intake off my lil bit of rresearch all I could find is he would have to buy a different coupler for the throttle body. Is that correct?

I'm not sure why people with GT/GTS's think their throttle body is larger. Before i took it off, I had an Injen CAI that was made for a GT and I drive an ES. The coupler is exactly the same size.

i just recently purchased a injen cai and i have a 08 gts. the coupler fit fine. i just test fitted the intake but everything seemed fine the only issue i had was for intake stand it wasnt fitting with the bolt behind the battery. thats maybe the only reason i would think of changing the coupler to a bigger size but besides that the original coupler fit fine.

I'm not sure why people with GT/GTS's think their throttle body is larger. Before i took it off, I had an Injen CAI that was made for a GT and I drive an ES. The coupler is exactly the same size.

The gt has a slightly bigger TB diameter 5mm to be exact just measured mine vs my gfs

i just recently purchased a injen cai and i have a 08 gts. the coupler fit fine. i just test fitted the intake but everything seemed fine the only issue i had was for intake stand it wasnt fitting with the bolt behind the battery. thats maybe the only reason i would think of changing the coupler to a bigger size but besides that the original coupler fit fine.

Alright thank you. I just wanna make sure I'm not selling him something worthless to him haha

The gt has a slightly bigger TB diameter 5mm to be exact just measured mine vs my gfs

According to Mitsubishi's technical page it's not.

According to Mitsubishi's technical page it's not.

If that were true then the 4g69 throttle body would provide gains to the gt(s) with the 2.4l motor but both are 60mm. It does however give gains to the es/de.

If that were true then the 4g69 throttle body would provide gains to the gt(s) with the 2.4l motor but both are 60mm. It does however give gains to the es/de.

The 4g69 TB does provide gains, because it's larger than the 2.4 TB. Maybe the GT changed from the GTS, I don't have the GT TB info, but as for the GTS no it's no 60mm. Whatever you measured...........well idk how or what you did so I can't comment on it.

I measured the GTS & ES Sport TBs, and they were identical in the 2009 models. The 4g69 TB was 60mm & had MAF readings 11% higher than stock. After what I've learned in the last year or two, it may flow a lot more with a tune.

c840af57f9ee0eba4a8ac43963c9d491.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In that case, I'm guessing that a 2008 GTS Injen CAI would fit a 2012 DE/ES just fine? Wouldn't there be mounting issues?

I understand that they both have the 2.0 liter engine compared to the newer GT(s) models with the 2.4 liter engine, but just question the mounting points.