Bizzmarkie

Can Bus Wire Help!

61 posts in this topic

Ok so I figured out (hopefully) what causing all my warning lights to go on and speedometer and rpms not working. When I installed a non nav touchscreen from a 2014 lancer ralliart. Where I installed the non nav touchscreen on my 2009 lancer Se. Thought it would just be plug and play since all connectors matched up but I'm very unlucky.

d1ed92ce8c1d97dbcb469bac4797971c.jpg

Anyways, I found a guy from Instagram that had the same conclusion and figured the problem out. (At least he said he did)

He told me for the non nav touchscreen to stop causing all those lights, speedometer and rpms all I have to do is cut 6 wires from one of the can bus that connects in the back of your radio.

ada7246a925f65f306ec3b2f81a8d84f.jpg

He showed me a picture that to cut the ones that are facing up.

Here's a better picture:

014c1db3bfa58c3275acc55fc199e373.jpg

1577d9b6a3cf289b93424f7a74141414.jpg

I have to cut 22,23,29,31,32 and 33. My concern is that my steering controls might not work and he said he is unsure because he has a after market steering wheel so he don't know. Radio works 100% and all speakers work 100% and no lights except his air bag is on because he has a after market steering wheel.

So if any of you know what you are doing please help a brotha out.

My suggestion is to just try it out. Connect the steering controls like he said, it should work fine. My guess is that both units should be able to interpret the signals from the steering wheel. Mitsu would probably use the same controls to save cost. Worst case scenario, you put it back the way it was.

I dont really know why you would want to cut the power antenea wire. And if you don't have to cut the signal wires to the steering wheel controls, I wonder if that means you could just wire a power and ground, not connected to the radio. I dont really know on this one. Frankly if you ask me, a radio that requires you to cut a bunch of wires to work, isn't worth it. But that's just my opinion

I dont really know why you would want to cut the power antenea wire. And if you don't have to cut the signal wires to the steering wheel controls, I wonder if that means you could just wire a power and ground, not connected to the radio. I dont really know on this one. Frankly if you ask me, a radio that requires you to cut a bunch of wires to work, isn't worth it. But that's just my opinion

Yeah I know right. I just don't get why I have to cut all those wires for my cluster to work. It should just be plug and play no problem. Oh and I'm not cutting any antenna wire. I marked it wrong. Should just be the wire above it. Like i said the wires 22,23,29,31,32, and 33. Thanks.

Just cut the CAN BUS wire and run it as is. I feel like thats the wire causing the issues. The worse thing that happens is that it still doesn't work

Just cut the CAN BUS wire and run it as is. I feel like thats the wire causing the issues. The worse thing that happens is that it still doesn't work

I'll give it a try. I can always connect the wires back together if don't work. Thanks! I'll keep you guys updated.

What is the CAN BUS wire for? I'm interested because I bought the same radio.

Also I found this picture from a 2014 EVO harness in which the wiring looks similar to yours minus the orange wire:

2014evowiring2-2_zps089e121c.jpg

The CANBUS wire on anything, connects that thing to the ETACS ECU

So can it be programmed(?) through the ETACS computer?

Quite possibly actually

So can it be programmed(?) through the ETACS computer?

Sorry I haven't had time to actually do it. Been busy at work. And when I get home I'm all exhausted lol. Anyways, have you figured it out?

Well its not something that is real easy to do. You have to have a tool for Citroen and a program on the computer. Either that or a MUTIII

Well its not something that is real easy to do. You have to have a tool for Citroen and a program on the computer. Either that or a MUTIII

I guess it's not a matter of just cutting a wire. =\ oh well.

I guess it's not a matter of just cutting a wire. =\ oh well.

well what I would suggest is to cut just the CANBUS wire and see if it works. I meant before was to program the ETACS to interact with the radio. since you don't need that, just cut that wire

Bizzmarkie which radio did you had from the factory? I read somewhere that RF systems won't work with this radio.

I even went to the dealership and the new lancers/outlanders with the touch w/o navigation doesn't have RF systems. The RF systems are included with the navigation unit.

Also I haven't found out if mine works because it is in the mail.

Bizzmarkie which radio did you had from the factory? I read somewhere that RF systems won't work with this radio.

I even went to the dealership and the new lancers/outlanders with the touch w/o navigation doesn't have RF systems. The RF systems are included with the navigation unit.

Also I haven't found out if mine works because it is in the mail.

cb8a7cbaa4fefb8b33b5647a24f1295c.jpg

This is what I have. I don't have factory RF system. And the non nav touchscreen I have from the ralliart had RF system. So...

this radio from what I understand has very little communication to the ETACS. also I think that the faceplate and only the faceplate is virtually interchangeable, regardless of RF.

this radio from what I understand has very little communication to the ETACS. also I think that the faceplate and only the faceplate is virtually interchangeable, regardless of RF.

Little communication? Meaning?... What can I do then? Haha

Little communication? Meaning?... What can I do then? Haha

Meaning the only thing it does externally is make the instrument cluster beep when tou push and hold MP3 button.

Well I found this from a 2013 Outlander, so it might be possible.

Mitsubishi-Outlander-Sport-radio-_zpsedf

Also on this link there's a Service Manual for the 2014 Touch radio without navigation: http://mmc-manuals.ru/Audio:_Service_Manuals for the wiring

I've heard both case where it did and didn't work properly. Seems like a gamble. It would pay off if it does work though

Instead of cutting the wire off of the factory connector... you can always "de-pin" it from the connector.

That way if you need to put it back it will just plug back in the connector and keep it looking clean and original.

Instead of cutting the wire off of the factory connector... you can always "de-pin" it from the connector.

That way if you need to put it back it will just plug back in the connector and keep it looking clean and original.

if I could up vote this I would...

How does one do this?

How does one do this?

It depends on what kind connectors you want to de-pin. Most automotive connectors use blade terminals/pins inside the connectors to terminate each wire.

If you look inside the front and back of the connector, there is usually a tab inside that secures the bladed terminal inside.

Some are obvious on how to release the pin. Some are hidden, and may need you to release a plastic lock, before you can pry the tab away.

Tools vary, sometimes a paper clip is all that is needed. Others need either small precision flat tip screw driver or pick.

For this stereo plug, it looks like you need to pry the plastic tab from the back of the connector and perhaps insert a paper clip in the hole up front where the pin is... then pull the wire from the back.

Try watching some youtube vids or practice on old connectors.

I did not know about this