Bizzmarkie

Can Bus Wire Help!

61 posts in this topic

Meaning the only thing it does externally is make the instrument cluster beep when tou push and hold MP3 button.

I've heard both case where it did and didn't work properly. Seems like a gamble. It would pay off if it does work though

Oh wow that's it? Well then I guess I'll be cutting the 2 can bus wires.

I did not know about this

It comes in really handy. I used it to add a couple of pins to my metra stereo harness. Because the metra harness didn't have pins for steering wheel controls, and I didn't want to splice into the factory wiring, in order to connect my Axxess ASWC module.

I also used it for my HID retrofit, to run my amp to d2s wiring through the factory depo grommet, while keeping it seamless and leak proof.

Also takes way less time than having to resplice a cut cable and resoldering, heatshrink, etc... If you do de-pin, just make sure you wrap the exposed end in electrical tape, and maybe add a label or take a picture of it, that way you know where to put it back.

Hi everyone ! I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Nobody ?

Hey Mike, did you cut them? Does it work now?

Hey Mike, did you cut them? Does it work now?

My radio comes in the mail tomorrow so i guess will c [emoji15]

Have you tried any solutions?

Not yet Mike. I sent a message to Bizzmarkie but didn`t answer. I spoke also over the phone with a Mitsubishi dealer but they said I have to go there with the car to see if they could do something ( in my oppinion they have no ideea )

Not yet Mike. I sent a message to Bizzmarkie but didn`t answer. I spoke also over the phone with a Mitsubishi dealer but they said I have to go there with the car to see if they could do something ( in my oppinion they have no ideea )

Or its something easy like just cutting the can bus wires and they want to rob u lol

Possible. If you will cut the two "oranges" please tell me about the results. :)

Oh wow that's it? Well then I guess I'll be cutting the 2 can bus wires.

Did it work?

Possible. If you will cut the two "oranges" please tell me about the results. :)

Np buddy [emoji106]

Ok gies i did it with no error codes

Steering wheel controls work only thing is i dont no y my aux cable doesnt work u think it has something to do with me cutting the can bus wires ? So here are some pics :)845cdde1caa29e6a6868a38465d1c8c5.jpg60dc0499089f2a5fe534e0f73ca4835b.jpg

Good job Mike ! So you cut those two wires and that was enough? How about hands free? Does it work?

Good job Mike ! So you cut those two wires and that was enough? How about hands free? Does it work?

My car doesnt have the hands free kit. :( but now when i push the ands free buttons on my steering wheel it beeps so if i had it i dont see a problem y it wouldnt work.

Thank you Mike ! Today I installed sound deadening material on the doors but tommorow I will try your solution. Really hope to work !

By the way, from where did you get the frame for the radio? Had to modify it? I am asking because I bought one from here ( Romania) and it was smaller than the display of the radio.

Thank you Mike ! Today I installed sound deadening material on the doors but tommorow I will try your solution. Really hope to work !

By the way, from where did you get the frame for the radio? Had to modify it? I am asking because I bought one from here ( Romania) and it was smaller than the display of the radio.

Ebay i forgot what i typed in lol

Todat I cut those two wires. First I cut the orange one , it doesn`t work, then I cut the white one and the system works. Everything works fine except the hands free ! Any suggestion?

Hi mike, my name is juan and i'm from Buenos Aires Argentina.

I read the complete topic and may be you can help me with extra information. My car is jdm and has the rockford fosgate system, I bought last week the touchscreen radio from newer model, 8701A408 and I'm having the same problem, the instrument panel is asking for service and the engine doesnt start. In case this radio works cutting this 2 wire, I want to have bluetooth so I can hear music from my phone.

Hope i've been clear with my english.

Reagrds

Juan Martin

Enviado desde mi XT1097 mediante Tapatalk

Wiring for both radios. You would have to re-arrange the wires on your car's 18-pin connector to match it to the radio. I haven't done this so I cannot confirm.

Radio%20Compare_zpsffvtwdfx.png

hi titengo, this answered was for me?? Thank you very much!!!!

I will do it!!

Yes tango01, and for future reference. I have the same radio and want to do this but I don't have time.

If you can do it please post the results.

Offcourse I will do it. Can you tell me how to reorder each cable??? I try to match cables but i don't know how. Do you have color diagram??

Thanks