Bizzmarkie

Can Bus Wire Help!

61 posts in this topic

Hi buddys!!

I tried everything, reading many forums and contacting certified mechanics. I arrived to the conclusion that my car doesn't have an interface need it for this stereo, in the pinout for 18p connector there are no wires for powering the Rockford Fosgate AMP (genuine equipment) and yes I have it on my stereo 8701A260, Pins 7 and 17 (Pink and blue), also powering the AMP is not with a "remote" wire, is most like "digital" signal.

So, after many hours last night I reinstalled my stereo, snif snif snif.

As the stereo is working out of the car, with a battery and speakers, I'll try buying the aftermarket interface for the AMP and connect the radio as if it is "aftermarket".

Thanks everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The radio should work if you cut/remove the two CAN wires. For the bluetooth to work you need to match your car to the car it came from.

The radio should work if you cut/remove the two CAN wires. For the bluetooth to work you need to match your car to the car it came from.

The prob i have is my aux wont work any ideas?

The prob i have is my aux wont work any ideas?

From what I've read (haven't had time to confirm) the wiring changed for the 2014-up models. To make this radio work the wiring for the bluetooth, steering wheel controls, and aux/usb input the wiring on pre 2104 models should be matched to the wiring found on 2014-up models.

*** UPDATE***

I've de pinned the two can bus wires. Much easier than cutting it. Everything works for me except the aux. I was disappointed because I use my aux every time I go for a drive. If anyone has any idea on this issue, please help out.

*** UPDATE***

I've de pinned the two can bus wires. Much easier than cutting it. Everything works for me except the aux. I was disappointed because I use my aux every time I go for a drive. If anyone has any idea on this issue, please help out.

What year is your car? And what radio it has from factory?

What year is your car? And what radio it has from factory?

It's a 2009 lancer ES and it has the regular radio from factory. Nothing fancy.

Found a video on YouTube on how we might get our aux working after the non nav touchscreen radio. Search "DIY iPod/Aux connection 08 lancer de/Es stock radio"

Found a video on YouTube on how we might get our aux working after the non nav touchscreen radio. Search "DIY iPod/Aux connection 08 lancer de/Es stock radio"

Let me no if it works

Trying to put the same stereo in my 2010 Ralliart same issues. Anyone come up with a final solution?