jman

Blower Motor Noise

9 posts in this topic

Hello.

2010 gts here. Have auto climate control. Sometimes I notice a loud buzzing noise coming from my blower motor. Almost sounds like a wire or something contacts the blower motor wheel . doesn't happen all the time but when it does its really annoying. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm pretty decent with cars...has anyone actually replaced a blower on the newer lancers? How horrible is it to get to?

Thx!

Yep I know this problem. My moms outlander had this. The barings in your blower motor are going out. Best just to replace whole blower. It takes like 15 minutes to swap out and the part is about $60

Yep had the same problem just buy a new one. I bought mine from rockauto. Easy to replace. Take the glove box out and its just a few screws.

Yep had the same problem just buy a new one. I bought mine from rockauto. Easy to replace. Take the glove box out and its just a few screws.

Which brand blower motor did you buy if you don't mind me asking? I saw 2 brands available on RockAuto that I've never used before and was just wondering.

Honestly I have no idea. I bought the cheapest one I could find

Yep, it's the bearing. I've had the same issue for over a year. It gets louder in the cold and when I hit the brakes then stops when it heats up. I may change it eventually.

Well this thread sure made it easy to figure out what that noise was lol

I've had this issue for like 3 months. It was the most annoying grinding noise coming from the passenger side. It didn't matter if the heat was on or the A/C. The colder the outside temperature, the louder it was and the only thing that would sometimes make the noise go away is if I put the air on full blast. I just ordered a new blower motor from ebay and put it in today and the noise is gone. It was just a bad blower motor. The part was about $50 and the install took maybe 15 minutes. You just pop the panel off underneath the glove compartment above the passenger side footwell and the part comes out with 3 screws. Pretty painless and no I no longer hate driving my car haha.

Back from the dead cause I heard there is a recall on this now.

Wondering if the guys that fixed it themselves will get reimbursed.