Lancer Bass

"mitsuru" By Lancer Bass

80 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

Thought I would finally stop procrastinating and post my progress thread with my Lancer.

1st Day:

92FF89A3-967C-458A-8679-292EAF5C650B.jpg

1st buy: Summer Rims (stock tires):

1013449_10153018905075313_254604926_n.jp

2nd Buy Pioneer Z150BH (shakey Panorama):

1080207_10153023596630313_1194342155_n.j

3rd buy Shark Fin Antenna:

1236398_10153162467900313_2073618474_n.j

4th buy Black and Blue Carbon Fiber:

C673C484-48F9-4938-9116-845C52B1D7D2.jpg

5th buy Caliper Brake Paint "Metallic Gold":

942415_10153032276355313_1944569257_n.jp

I'll post more picture once I find them on my HDD/facebook/photobucket

Future Mods/Accessories:

New Exhaust system (probably cat back)

4-2-1 Header

More carbon fiber to put on pillars and dash

K&N SRI

Retrofit headlights

Taillights (still looking for a style I like)

DUDE! How does the shark fin antenna work? Was it hard to install? GIVE ME ALL THE INFOS! Also did you take of the fabric off your door and replace it with carbon fiber vinyl? Does that make the car colder?

Looking good so far

Looking good so far

Hi guys!

Thought I would finally stop procrastinating and post my progress thread with my Lancer.

1st Day:

92FF89A3-967C-458A-8679-292EAF5C650B.jpg

1st buy: Summer Rims (stock tires):

1013449_10153018905075313_254604926_n.jp

2nd Buy Pioneer Z150BH (shakey Panorama):

1080207_10153023596630313_1194342155_n.j

3rd buy Shark Fin Antenna:

1236398_10153162467900313_2073618474_n.j

4th buy Black and Blue Carbon Fiber:

C673C484-48F9-4938-9116-845C52B1D7D2.jpg

5th buy Caliper Brake Paint "Metallic Gold":

942415_10153032276355313_1944569257_n.jp

I'll post more picture once I find them on my HDD/facebook/photobucket

Future Mods/Accessories:

New Exhaust system (probably cat back)

4-2-1 Header

More carbon fiber to put on pillars and dash

K&N SRI

Retrofit headlights

Taillights (still looking for a style I like)

DUDE! How does the shark fin antenna work? Was it hard to install? GIVE ME ALL THE INFOS! Also did you take of the fabric off your door and replace it with carbon fiber vinyl? Does that make the car colder?

I'd also like to know where you got the antenna and the vinyl...looks good!

Looking good so far. Welcome!

Copy&Paste from 9GLancers review section:

Ebay Carbon Fiber Wraps

Blue Carbon Fiber Roll

I bought the 10 ft x 5 ft from them to cover the silver carbon fiber trim on my 2013 Lancer. I have about half the roll left over, because this was my first time working with a vinyl wrap. Middle trim piece was the easiest because it could be taken off, along with my metra bracket. The hardest parts were the two silver trim on the driver and passenger side panel. I did not know how to remove those pieces and mostly measured it in. Unfortunately, they would not stick on the door handles and often slided off after a couple of hours.

Labour: 2 hours, maybe faster for you if you have worked with wraps before.

Material: Feels like the silver carbon fiber on a stock Lancer, so it can be mistaken as OEM. Not as thick as 3M vinyl wrap, so it won't feel "fat". Never heard of VViVid before, but I was willing to try their product because of the colour and the price of the roll. It's been a month, and so far no part is peeling off. I might use the extra to wrap my winter rims, once I get used to wrapping and the heat gun.

Overall: 4/5

Black Carbon Fiber (Pre-Cut)

This one is so-so. The good thing is that it is pre-cut for 2008+ Lancer, but it's not a precise cut. There are either small gaps, holes that are too big, holes that are to small. Basically, not an exact fit. It is still good if you want something really basic and easy to install on your Lancer.

Material: Compared to the VViVid wrap, this one feels so fat! It adds like an extra 2 mm on the door handle area, and it can be jarring if you had your car for a long time. When you install it, make sure you use a heat gun or hair dryer to loosen up the red tape behind the wrap, under heating it will make it very difficult to peel off the tape.

Labour: 45 mins; clean the area, heat the piece, peel and place. You will only have problems in two areas. First, the area left of the steering wheel. The holes are not that precise here and you may have to cut a little bit more room for the buttons to fit. (in my case, it was to make room for the stability control) Second area is the AC surround. For some reason, no matter how hard I heated that piece up, the red tape would not come off. I had to dig my nails in the tape to try and get it off without removing to much of the sticky part of the wrap.

Overall: 3/5

Photos

image3.jpg

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

Also I do not feel colder in the cabin, but I feel cool! :D

My friend and I took out the silver carbon parts of the Lancer and applied from there. Easiest way to do it.

Shark Fin Antenna

Pricey compared to the ebay shark antenna's (Runs you $30 CDN give or take), this fin will cost you $90 CDN + shipping if applicable! But the quality is really good!

Right now, their main site is down, but you can still email them for a quote and pay thru paypal. You can get it in any colour, even matching your body as long you have your colour code.

It also comes with its own antenna extension, so when you unscrew the stock antenna, you just screw in the shark's and it will all fit under the fin. I noticed no loss in radio quality for standard broadcasting. We don't have HD radio stations or whatever they are called in the States.

Now I had a tricky time installing because:

A) I was not patient with this install

B] I was too short to reach the middle of the back of the Lancer, while also positioning the antenna in the middle of the back of the Lancer

C) I scratched my top when I was installing because I was getting frustrated installing it

D) I scratched the paint of the Antenna because off all that ****.

D) I went to a professional and had them install it for $50 and paint the top

So, if you are tall or have a long reach, you may have better time of installing the antenna. Otherwise it may be worth it to get a pro to do it.

I still love it though 5/5!

Thank you soooooo much!

Link, has come to town...to save! The princess Zelda!

If anyone is interested on how the plasti dip black to metalizer gold looked like (CW: Base, 1st coat black, 2nd coat black, 1st coat gold, 2nd coat gold)

post-7996-0-12447600-1417860124_thumb.pn

Nice! Saw your sticker ;) lol

looking good so far!

So my fog lamps were the first to get hit by winter rocks. Luckily it's only one side. But it gave me an excuse to get these lamps from China:

BEE8BE33-0BCA-4B61-9B14-47F32DA9BFC6.jpg

I'll be testing and installing this weekend. Hopefully everything works

Oooh I've been considering these for a while. I'm tuned in to see how it goes!

I am getting those too. Waiting for them to come in.

The gold brake calipers actually look pretty decent. I was gonna go with that color, but to be safe I went with silver. Looks good so far, I'd like to do that 3M carbon fiber vinyl on my interior trim one day.

So those fog lights I bought? Does not fit a GT or anything that has the Ralliart front bumper. So <2014 SE and all DE models are ok. Oh well, I gave them to a friend for Christmas.

In another news, I got a badge for the Lancer.

FFE3C790-CBD5-479E-A1F9-D78BCB5FBFF5.jpg

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Lancer-Exceed-LED-Headlight-Angel-Eyes-H7-43K-Bi-Xenon-Projector-Lens-2008-2013-/181180031523?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2f2be223&vxp=mtr

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone on the boards have bought one of these? They look really nice, but how's the visibility on them?

EDIT: OMG! I FINALLY FOUND TAILLIGHTS THAT I LIKE! Same question as above. I'm hoping a VRX Lancer is equivalent to SE/GT AWC model

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Smoked-Red-3D-LED-Bar-Tail-Lights-MITSUBISHI-LANCER-CJ-SEDAN-07-14-JDM-EVO-X-/131200540740?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e8c296044

When you get those in and put them in let me know. I have been looking at those but I have had some questions about turn signals and reverse lights. I will be waiting to see how they come in.

When you get those in and put them in let me know. I have been looking at those but I have had some questions about turn signals and reverse lights. I will be waiting to see how they come in.

I second that :D I was just looking at those this morning... I bet they'll look awesome tho

Blue Carbon Fiber Roll

I bought the 10 ft x 5 ft from them to cover the silver carbon fiber trim on my 2013 Lancer. I have about half the roll left over, because this was my first time working with a vinyl wrap. Middle trim piece was the easiest because it could be taken off, along with my metra bracket. The hardest parts were the two silver trim on the driver and passenger side panel. I did not know how to remove those pieces and mostly measured it in. Unfortunately, they would not stick on the door handles and often slided off after a couple of hours.

These pieces are not terribly hard to remove, but they are a bit tricky. There is one screw in the back, so you have to removed the door panels (3 screws and some tugging, then 2 electrical plugs and 2 screws to hold the release handle in place) to get access. Once the screw is removed there are a bunch of clips, and you have to bend the trim strip outward away from the panel a bit to not break the end clips, but after you do it once it's not hard and the install is super quick.

Mine are currently out of the vehicle for some paint treatment...makes it tricky to shut my doors lol

So my fog lamps were the first to get hit by winter rocks. Luckily it's only one side. But it gave me an excuse to get these lamps from China:

BEE8BE33-0BCA-4B61-9B14-47F32DA9BFC6.jpg

I'll be testing and installing this weekend. Hopefully everything works

Where'd you get these from? EBay?

By the way the car is coming along great in jealous of the ralliart front bumper on these new models. Also the dark blue is nice

Where'd you get these from? EBay?

By the way the car is coming along great in jealous of the ralliart front bumper on these new models. Also the dark blue is nice

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/131365601962?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I should have noticed the difference in the lower bumper. GT fogs are the same as Ralliarts, the eBay fogs are for Non-Ralliart bumpers

These pieces are not terribly hard to remove, but they are a bit tricky. There is one screw in the back, so you have to removed the door panels (3 screws and some tugging, then 2 electrical plugs and 2 screws to hold the release handle in place) to get access. Once the screw is removed there are a bunch of clips, and you have to bend the trim strip outward away from the panel a bit to not break the end clips, but after you do it once it's not hard and the install is super quick.

Mine are currently out of the vehicle for some paint treatment...makes it tricky to shut my doors lol

Sounds about the same amount of work for not taking it out :P

I'm still happy with it. It came out looking nice

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/131365601962?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I should have noticed the difference in the lower bumper. GT fogs are the same as Ralliarts, the eBay fogs are for Non-Ralliart bumpers

thanks for the link man, i like them but im not sure if ther're worth $100, did you get a gauge on the quality of the product? are the halos very noticeable/is the projector well designed?

thanks for the link man, i like them but im not sure if ther're worth $100, did you get a gauge on the quality of the product? are the halos very noticeable/is the projector well designed?

We hooked them up to see if it worked. Fogs were a little brighter than stock, and the halos were very nice. The link doesn't say, but it looked like 6k.

I'm looking for another fog right now. If I can't find anything else like that, I might just buy the halos for Autoglow and glue them on or something.