Lancer Bass

"mitsuru" By Lancer Bass

79 posts in this topic

So after days of searching I found what those tail lights are:

http://www.lelong.com.my/lancer-gt-inspira-eagle-eyes-projector-head-lamp-led-tail-lamp-maxaudio-K1667463-2007-01-Sale-I.htm

Looks like a Taiwanese made product, company called Eagle Eyes based in Malaysia. I'm guess Mars in Australia is a certified distributor of sorts. Fits on Lancer GLS in Malaysia, and VRX in Australia. I'm still looking to see if there are any major differences between Lancers. It looks like headlights and taillights are similar across non-HID models. I'll probably order them in the new year.

Only video I found of it in action:

Also found a nice video on those headlights:

You sir have the exact same idea that I do. :P I like both of those sets. Now it is just collecting the monies for them.

Thanks to LancerReplay for the CF!

Best Turn Out:

E624A04D-D6C7-4517-9421-7DBD97977BC7.jpg

BC494DE7-DB6C-4FBA-97C3-A9677B292E8B.jpg

The worst one were the tweaker trims:

695E7789-2365-41AC-B725-87F8D03BE3B2.jpg

The Side door trims turned out ok, but for some reason the tweaker trims would not stick. I resorted to double sided tape to make it stay and a bit of superglue (I know, that's a bad idea)

Overall I really like it. I love my new 3 tone interior

Looks great! I'm planning on doing the tweakers when i finish up my interior... did you take them off and wrap it?

I didn't take them off to wrap it. It may be easier if you it like that

O...M...G! It fits! More pictures tomorrow!

9328BFD9-84EC-4D92-B828-12616BE0E242.jpg

25649A82-ECE0-4A3C-B6C6-F4C31F46CFCE.jpg

Aweseome! Can't wait to get mine. Going to do a little modding though :) May I ask how you have them wired?

i.e.

DRL connected to:

Headlight outer or inner:

High Beam outer or Inner:

Parking light connected to :

Omg dude, I really dig those head lights! I need me a pair like right now! Anyone got a link?

Omg dude, I really dig those head lights! I need me a pair like right now! Anyone got a link?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/151527753079?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2648

Aweseome! Can't wait to get mine. Going to do a little modding though :) May I ask how you have them wired?

i.e.

DRL connected to:

Headlight outer or inner:

High Beam outer or Inner:

Parking light connected to :

They were plug and play, so i just matched everything together. Didn't have to change any of the wires for the initial install. It came with 2 x ballast and I screwed those on the side so they won't wiggle around in the engine bay.

I might rewire them though. The thing is, the DRL is set to the low beams and the low beams are SUPER bright. And when I turn the knob on the steering wheel it turns on the LED. I want the reverse to happen, where LED is the DRL and the low beams turn on with the knob.

Yeah I have some different plans. I am waiting for a check so I can purchase my set.

How much did your whole set cost?

How much did your whole set cost?

$650 us

Yeah I have some different plans. I am waiting for a check so I can purchase my set.

Going to retrofit instead?

$650 us

Going to retrofit instead?

Yes and no. To poor for a full on retrofit but still have other plans. Should be able to order then soon.

C025598E-87E0-4D48-B4C8-1EBFE3644947.jpg

So I was messing around again with the plastic engine bay cover. Tried to give it a carbon fiber look with plasti dip. I may have to use different colours, get a different base, because it's not popping out as much as I hoped.

Coats:

1,2,3: Black

4: Blue sprayed over drawer lining

5: Silver metalizer sprayed over drawer lining

6, 7, 8: Glossifier

C025598E-87E0-4D48-B4C8-1EBFE3644947.jpg

So I was messing around again with the plastic engine bay cover. Tried to give it a carbon fiber look with plasti dip. I may have to use different colours, get a different base, because it's not popping out as much as I hoped.

Coats:

1,2,3: Black

4: Blue sprayed over drawer lining

5: Silver metalizer sprayed over drawer lining

6, 7, 8: Glossifier

just caught up with this thread and digging your lancer buddy same cosmic blue as mine WOO! So how are those tails working out for you or did you ever get them?

Lancer Bass you and I are on the same page again. I am working on my engine bay next. I am missing pieces as they were gone when I bought the car. Need to get them first.

just caught up with this thread and digging your lancer buddy same cosmic blue as mine WOO! So how are those tails working out for you or did you ever get them?

I was going to get those tail lights, but then:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.771402726278749.1073742039.255496151202745&type=3

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FREE-SHIPPING-CHA-LANCER-EX-LANCER-EVO-LED-TAIL-LIGHT-REAR-LAMP-ASSEMBLY-V4-WITH-LED/32231230028.html

So, I'm at a bit of an impasse. The one I linked before, has the cool "rectangular" lights where these news ones have only the bottoms lit up (matches my front with the 2 LEDs)

Lancer Bass you and I are on the same page again. I am working on my engine bay next. I am missing pieces as they were gone when I bought the car. Need to get them first.

At least you'll have an easier time installing/painting them. They'll come clean to you (unless you order used)

This is very true. Just hope it comes out the way I want it :)

Little bit of an update with the new headlights. I am now getting flickering issues with it when its set at 0 or 1. So, the DRL is giving it issues, because if I set it at 2 (turn on low beam) no flickering issues.

I'm trying to see if I can get anything done to fix this problem (might prob buy jrox's harness), but I'll see if its's possible to switch the DRL to power on the led instead.

Did the door and steering wheels this weekend

5F57D562-BFB5-48F8-AA7A-1E3584E9EA3B.jpg

71ECB154-DB8A-4E29-BE8C-711BCCCA2907.jpg

I hope this works:

74B52419-4FB7-43A6-9437-5767E7CAC984.jpg

Let you know next weekend!

That fog light is awesome

Dude that's fucking awesome