Lancer Bass

"mitsuru" By Lancer Bass

79 posts in this topic

Don't know if you'll see this, but where did you get those fog lights? I must know lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

which ones? The ones I have right now are just the stock ones with an LED glued on.

The fog halos was from eBay.

78E2B553-407A-49FF-A21C-BAD7702D0C7D.jpg

It has finally arrived! 1st big purchase in a long while (stupid CDN dollar dropping like a rock)

Lancer bass did the fog lights works? Any pics of them on?

Lancer bass did the fog lights works? Any pics of them on?

I didn't buy them yet, money went towards the dashcam this time.

Those look like 2012+ but those the ones I have for the 2008-2012

A quick review about the Blackvue Wifi dashcam i got. I might have overhyped it for myself expecting the 1080p front cam & 720p rear to see everything, but it has trouble with getting license plate numbers at certain angles. Right behind a person, 0-45 degrees and if you're withan 50 feet of the car, you can get a nice shot of the plate. You do get a clear picture of people and signs that are within shot of the camera, which is nice. Of course, hard lighting like sun glare or super bright HID or dim lighting can mess up the viewing angles of plates.

The video quality is nice and smooth in the daytime, and you can zoom in their custom player. At night, as long as there is a bright light source the dash cam can grab the plate numbers. The video remains crisp and smooth in the front, but the rear gets messy and tends to lose focus due the dim rear lights.

I honestly got it for the true parking mode feature. Meaning it will continuously capture footage while parked, but only save on the card if it catches any movement or if the g-sensors are triggered. Unfortunately, the camera is VERY sensitive. It captures and records a moving bus in the distance, someone backing up 4 spots away, etc. I have to adjust the settings and hopefully cut down on the extra parking footage. To save the battery, it is packaged with a PowerMagicPro, an accessory that keeps feeding power to the camera as long as a preset voltage of the car battery is not met. That took about 1.5 hours to install. Hard part was feeding the wires and keeping thing hidden and clean in the cabin.

Also, other users found that certain cards can affect the video quality of the videos. Right now, I'm using ADATA 64 GB that has a 48 m/s write speed. Others have recomended to find cards that cap at 45 write speed, but I got the card at a deal for $30 compared to other cards at similar capacity at $60. I will have to compare between the 16GB card they included with the phone and the new cards videos.

Overall it is nice to have a camera that can be my witness on the road, and there are a lot of crappy drivers around here. At the price of $450 CDN (cameras plus powermagicpro), it really is a good investment for peace of mind. There are other dual cameras available that are cheaper or have better features, but this is the best looking and most discrete.

3.5/5

Front:

20160124_135306_NF.jpg

Rear:

20160124_135306_NR.jpg

Nice whriteup on the dashcam

am looking for something like this

So winter is still here. I really want to do more stuff to the Lancer, but its really cold in the garage. Only thing I managed to do lately is change the bulbs to LED:

9382CEE9-B932-4729-9C77-99087E6E89E7.jpg

I also played around with some leftover plastidip. This is what 3 coats of black, 2 coats of pearlizer, 2 coats of blaze purple and 1 coat of glossifer:

2D7D42A8-6BC7-47BE-8457-A78274F3F709.jpg

In other news, someone hit my trim! I don't know when it happened and my dash cam only has 7 days worth of film to go through. Anyone know if superglue and plastidip will help fix that crack?

81B8292E-19B3-4DA8-A98C-C8C707CD2F9F.jpg

8 hours ago, Lancer Bass said:

So winter is still here. I really want to do more stuff to the Lancer, but its really cold in the garage. Only thing I managed to do lately is change the bulbs to LED:

9382CEE9-B932-4729-9C77-99087E6E89E7.jpg

I also played around with some leftover plastidip. This is what 3 coats of black, 2 coats of pearlizer, 2 coats of blaze purple and 1 coat of glossifer:

2D7D42A8-6BC7-47BE-8457-A78274F3F709.jpg

In other news, someone hit my trim! I don't know when it happened and my dash cam only has 7 days worth of film to go through. Anyone know if superglue and plastidip will help fix that crack?

81B8292E-19B3-4DA8-A98C-C8C707CD2F9F.jpg

That sucks man i don't have that trim anymore but i'm pretty sure it's abs you could try epoxy glue and sanding then redoing primer +paint or just buy a new one. they go for pretty cheap could probably find something off kijiji

Yeah, I'm definitely liking this purple:

0F5E1A72-C5FF-4C94-BECE-660F60825D7B.jpg

If any of you guys buy the new ones, can you tell me how bright it is in the day?

On 3/23/2016 at 1:13 AM, Lancer Bass said:

If any of you guys buy the new ones, can you tell me how bright it is in the day?

I think I have the old ones but if they are still using CCFL then they are still not to bright during the daytime.

I did a couple of things this spring:

{option}http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/-NiNO-/Lancer%20Stuff/74FCD860-5EDD-47AD-A364-9921D65D46D4.jpg[/IMG]

Added more purple to the bay (spark cover)

{option}http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/-NiNO-/Lancer%20Stuff/0C3420F4-9681-4371-824E-B95486DD96C8.jpg[/IMG]

I bought a drop in air filter ($30 CDN on kijiji, what a steal!)

{option}http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/-NiNO-/Lancer%20Stuff/EACFE6E9-AB89-4B76-8DB0-3EF5AEE6C67C.jpg[/IMG]

Got the brakes painted yellow this time, I might change the color of my summer wheels to compliment them.

edit: Am I doing something wrong with the coding? The pictures are not showing up

Edited by Lancer Bass

Holy shit! These things are bright!

01afa9d849b5585437163e6c74c73ea15ed1b7ee85.jpg

01aa72c750456116f5cc5ed25ffe8f483d0ee97fc5.jpg

Looking good!

C5E65FB0-9D47-4FA9-9313-9FEC50B91454.png

So, I have been trying to fix this horrible crack/hit in my front bumper for awhile now. I don't want to go through insurance, because it's just surface damage and buying a new chrome is my last resort. (Also I want new stuff)

So anyways, how does it look?
Top left: Original Crack
Top Right: Applying carbon fiber wrap
Bottom Left: 1 layer
Bottom Right: 2 layers

I used blue carbon fiber because I had some extra left over. I might switch it to black carbon fiber or glossy black

012e54265b0d695f7ab427f8f07ec5792d921e4b

Can only do little stuff for my car right now (dam life), but sometimes the little things are really nice

D9696A9C-7BF1-4CE2-ACA2-FA09082285A6.jpg

More front bumper fun! This time did the centre with help from a pro.

Did you end up replacing the cracked chrome before the wrap?

nope, I keep getting other stuff before buying that piece. It's getting annoying how life can be at times. At least the bandage looks good

I hear ya, I've got a bunch of parts laying around that will someday be finished/installed.  Plus I just threw a CEL...

As long as it looks good

Thank you CDN dollar for bouncing back (even just a little)

So after 4 years the Pioneer HU (Z150BH) is busted. The apple carplay feature has stopped working and after checking speakers/amp connections, was the main reason behind why some of the speakers were not turning on. Decided on get the new 10.2 inch android 6.0 HU (LINK) and I hope this one will out last, since I have never bought a 'generic' HU  and had a 'huge' purchase from Aliexpress before.

D4C97BB4-D08F-4F2E-8374-EE9DFD225452.jpg